How about Tim Tebow for backup QB?

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
They are stupid because Tebow isn't a real player and he was never a good qb. The guy had a flaw in his mechanis and couldn't make it in the NFL and that was almost a decade ago, To bring him up is ridiculous.
Rush isn’t a real player either. It’s ridiculous to make any argument for him too. The dude shouldn’t have been brought back to begin with.

rambo2

Reaction score
Rush isn’t a real player either. It’s ridiculous to make any argument for him too. The dude shouldn’t have been brought back to begin with.
To waste your time about Rush is ridiculous too. Who the hell cares?

RaZon

Reaction score
Too late for Tebow and he's too big a distraction. Time for him to do other things.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

Rush is more of a professional QB than Tebow ever was, which says more about Tebow than it does about Rush.

This thread is laughable. :muttley:

losersgetcute

Reaction score
The Cowboys back up QB situation in and of itself is laughable.
Last year they could've converted the Belldozer back to a QB, and done the Tebow style better than Tim. Blake had a cannon at OU but his accuracy held him back from being top tier as a QB.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Since when? I've never known Tebow to be any sort of a blocker, where are you getting the info that he is?

We saw what kind of blocker he is just recently, I can bring those clips up when I need a good laugh..

kskboys

Reaction score
Sorry, can't get the clip to paste, but just look up "Tim Tebow blocking" YouTube video...
The little bit I watched Tebow, I never observed the lateral agility that is so instrumental in staying in front of the defender. I don't think he possesses the physical ability to block.

And after watching Jarwin attempt it, he also doesn't appear to have the ability.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
The little bit I watched Tebow, I never observed the lateral agility that is so instrumental in staying in front of the defender. I don't think he possesses the physical ability to block.

And after watching Jarwin attempt it, he also doesn't appear to have the ability.

Well in fairness Jarwin wasn't signed to be a stud blocker, though agreed he should be better at it. Jay Novacek wasn't that great at blocking either, per Aikman himself.
At least Jarwin doesn't let the ball bounce off his head...

:eek:

kskboys

Reaction score
Holy Larry, just watched. It was so bad it wasn't even terrible. Worse.

By now, if you don't know how lateral agility relates to being a football player, look it up. That is one of the primary reasons I was pretty sure Tebow would fail at TE.

kskboys

Reaction score
Well in fairness Jarwin wasn't signed to be a stud blocker, though agreed he should be better at it. Jay Novacek wasn't that great at blocking either, per Aikman himself.
At least Jarwin doesn't let the ball bounce off his head...

:eek:
Correct. Which means that Jarwin is not starter quality, but more of a certain packages only type.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
34 year old who has not played QB in almost a decade.

I like Tebow and think he got a raw deal because of his personal beliefs ........ but his time is WAYYYYYYY over.

kskboys

Reaction score
34 year old who has not played QB in almost a decade.

I like Tebow and think he got a raw deal because of his personal beliefs ........ but his time is WAYYYYYYY over.
Why do you think that? 2-3 teams picked him up, then cut him. He's a terrible QB. Exactly what does that have to do w/ his personal beliefs? Are you honestly declaring that Belly gives a fried bird turd about anyone's personal beliefs if they can play on the field?

Now, look at this objectively. You are declaring that a 47 comp % Qb didn't get a fair shot. How exactly did you come to this conclusion?