How are the Cowboys the richest franchise, but so frugal when spending money?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Could someone please make this make sense? Year after year we bring in billions of dollars, and I KNOW that money isn't a part of the salary cap, but we're about money. Everything Jerry does, it seems as if it's a marketing scheme to draw in fan interest, or to shake up the media to talk about us for however long. He's a great salesmen, but a cheap one. Please give your thoughts help everyone understand what's going on here!!

foofighters

Reaction score
Could someone please make this make sense? Year after year we bring in billions of dollars, and I KNOW that money isn't a part of the salary cap, but we're about money. Everything Jerry does, it seems as if it's a marketing scheme to draw in fan interest, or to shake up the media to talk about us for however long. He's a great salesmen, but a cheap one. Please give your thoughts help everyone understand what's going on here!!
If you know that money is part of the cap then why ask? You answered your own question. Besides there's countless threads as to everyone's thoughts about Jerry and Stephen and their grocery selections. No need to start another thread go use the search. It's all there.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If you know that money is part of the cap then why ask? You answered your own question. Besides there's countless threads as to everyone's thoughts about Jerry and Stephen and their grocery selections. No need to start another thread go use the search. It's all there.
Speaking of countless threads, consider the OP. Lol

CowboysRule

Reaction score
There is a salary cap. It doesn't matter how much actual money the owner has. Also, we will have a lot of dead money going into next year so we need to have money available to actually field a team. That is why you saw so little FA activity this year. You normally see little activity because we have drafted well and those good players need contracts before hitting FA.

foofighters

Reaction score
Speaking of countless threads, consider the OP. Lol
I know. My grandson is going to be 2 in about 4 months and he's starting to talk pretty well. Any day know, the, "Why's and how comes" are going to be asked at length by him. That's coogs reminds me of. Of course, I'll love it from my grandson but not so much from coogs. He's been that way since I've known him all the way back in the old forum in 2012.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No need to give your thoughts, instead just keep them to yourself. You're acting as if another thread is clogging up your weekly schedule or something. If anyone has an issue with it, it would be the mods, and as you can see we have one of the greatest @big dog cowboy in here!!!! Let's see if he understands this message i'm saying to him!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
There is a salary cap. It doesn't matter how much actual money the owner has. Also, we will have a lot of dead money going into next year so we need to have money available to actually field a team. That is why you saw so little FA activity this year. You normally see little activity because we have drafted well and those good players need contracts before hitting FA.
yeah but a lot of us on here are acting like because they didn't spend big then we won't be successful. This is just the cost of drafting well I guess you have to pay some of your own guys, and build from the draft

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It doesn’t matter how rich a team is everyone has to deal with the same salary cap. That levels the playing field. If there wasn’t a salary cap, we would be signing players left and right.

foofighters

Reaction score
No need to give your thoughts, instead just keep them to yourself. You're acting as if another thread is clogging up your weekly schedule or something. If anyone has an issue with it, it would be the mods, and as you can see we have one of the greatest @big dog cowboy in here!!!! Let's see if he understands this message i'm saying to him!
I'll keep things to myself when you do. How's that? when you stop posting 17 questions every day, I'll stop too. Deal?

You don't have it in you. There's no way you'd stop. You'd explode by not asking all these questions all the time.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'll keep things to myself when you do. How's that? when you stop posting 17 questions every day, I'll stop too. Deal?

You don't have it in you. There's no way you'd stop. You'd explode by not asking all these questions all the time.
Yeah but you know what??? When I have people like here to come and support me, it gets me to question # 18, thanks for your support!!!! :facepalm: :)

conner01

Reaction score
Richest franchise is just about the worth of the franchise not the success of the team. Jerry makes a fortune off the stadium as well as the cowboys brand. No doubt if he was to put it up for sale it would bring over 10 billion

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
The lack of spending thing is real, but probably overblown. Honestly if Dak/Lamb sign tomorrow they are right back towards the top of the list in payroll after those massive signing bonuses hit. My bigger issue is how they structure some of these contracts and who they prioritize to bring back.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
How do you think it got to be the richest franchise? By not giving out big contracts.
How do you think they've been so unsuccessful over the last 29 seasons by NOT going the extra mile to get out big contracts!!!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The lack of spending thing is real, but probably overblown. Honestly if Dak/Lamb sign tomorrow they are right back towards the top of the list in payroll after those massive signing bonuses hit. My bigger issue is how they structure some of these contracts and who they prioritize to bring back.
Very important things to think about. Could these deals be actually almost wrapped up, but due to the language/contract structure is holding up the process

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

:laugh: :hammer: :laugh: