How are the Cowboys the richest franchise, but so frugal when spending money?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Awe, that's cute. Coogles has someone that likes and supports him. So sweet!
Yeah I'm nuts about ya big fella, want to have a cold one with me one day?? I'm talking about water, coogles doesn't do that other stuff!!

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Keep posting Coog ........ do not let these guys tell you what to do.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Keep posting Coog ........ do not let these guys tell you what to do.
Thanks appreciate you, hold on is this sarcasm???? They don't bother me, it used to a little bit but i'm a big boy now, I just kill them with kindness and move on to the next thread!!! What are your thoughts??? lol

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Could someone please make this make sense? Year after year we bring in billions of dollars, and I KNOW that money isn't a part of the salary cap, but we're about money. Everything Jerry does, it seems as if it's a marketing scheme to draw in fan interest, or to shake up the media to talk about us for however long. He's a great salesmen, but a cheap one. Please give your thoughts help everyone understand what's going on here!!
hey are the most valued, which is different than actual cash. until jerry sells the team.

with that said, the cowboys have a good bit of money to spend. yet they refuse. they are one of the lowest cash spending teams in the past 10 years.

thus why they are valued so high, because the debt on the books is not that much.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
hey are the most valued, which is different than actual cash. until jerry sells the team.

with that said, the cowboys have a good bit of money to spend. yet they refuse. they are one of the lowest cash spending teams in the past 10 years.

thus why they are valued so high, because the debt on the books is not that much.
explained perfectly!!

CowboysRule

Reaction score

This is untrue. The salary cap has both a ceiling and a floor. There isn't that much monetary difference between the two that they could spend so little on the roster that they would be worth so much.

JBS

Reaction score
It doesn’t matter how rich a team is everyone has to deal with the same salary cap. That levels the playing field. If there wasn’t a salary cap, we would be signing players left and right.
Hahahahahah sure

TheCritic

Reaction score
Speaking of countless threads, consider the OP. Lol
He has turned posting endless streams of useless/obtuse threads into a masterwork of trolling. I picture him looking like Jake Tapper or Ted Cruz, a face you just want to punch over and over!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Hahahahahah sure
So you’re disputing what I just said? It’s the salary cap and having to pay other players that kept us from signing anyone. If you didn’t have the cap to worry about, you can sign players freely.

JBS

Reaction score
So you’re disputing what I just said? It’s the salary cap and having to pay other players that kept us from signing anyone. If you didn’t have the cap to worry about, you can sign players freely.
Yes. You could. I don’t dispute that. We wouldn’t do it anyways.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Yes. You could. I don’t dispute that. We wouldn’t do it anyways.
The only reason we’re not doing it is because of the salary cap. It’s Jerry paying big money to players that’s gotten us in trouble with the salary cap over the years. We went through salary cap hell during the mid to late 90s and early 2000s because of spending huge money on players like Deion Sanders. Those of you who think Jerry is tight with the buck, couldn’t be more wrong. He’s always paid his top players big money and that’s what’s gotten us into trouble with the salary cap. If it wasn’t for the salary cap, we would have our top three players already signed.

JBS

Reaction score
The only reason we’re not doing it is because of the salary cap. It’s Jerry paying big money to players that’s gotten us in trouble with the salary cap over the years. We went through salary cap hell during the mid to late 90s and early 2000s because of spending huge money on players like Deion Sanders. Those of you who think Jerry is tight with the buck, couldn’t be more wrong. He’s always paid his top players big money and that’s what’s gotten us into trouble with the salary cap. If it wasn’t for the salary cap, we would have our top three players already signed.
Yes. 30 years ago. Things have changed.

JBS

Reaction score
The cap, free agency and the skyrocketing player salaries has changed a lot of things.
Even with the cap Dallas used to be much more free with their spending. They’ve changed their ways.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Even with the cap Dallas used to be much more free with their spending. They’ve changed their ways.
If you’ve been following the NFL everyone has had to change their ways with the skyrocketing salaries. The Cowboys have gotten into real cap trouble over the years so they’ve had to change their ways. When you have a lot of good players, it creates a problem. Teams are having to move on from great players because of the salary cap. The Chiefs were forced to trade Tyreek Hill because they couldn’t afford him. Davante Adams was traded because Green Bay couldn’t afford him. The Cowboys had to trade Amari Cooper for a measly 5th round pick because of the salary cap. The Raiders had to trade Khalil Mack a few years ago because they couldn’t afford him. Stephen Jones always says the salary cap is a real thing.

If you keep restructuring contracts to try and fit players under the cap eventually it catches up with you. It’s very difficult to keep a team together because of the cap and the amount of money QBs are making. No team has a bigger dilemma than the Cowboys, having to try and figure out how to keep their franchise QB, WR and Parsons. All three of them are looking to reset the market. Parsons will be looking for close to what Dak received a few years ago next season. QB, WR and edge rusher are the three highest paid positions in football.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
This is untrue. The salary cap has both a ceiling and a floor. There isn't that much monetary difference between the two that they could spend so little on the roster that they would be worth so much.
well, there is difference, the cap is not equal to cash. you can committ cash for future years (guaranteed contracts) and have low cap hits i.e. Dak had 160M guaranteed, but his first year cap hit was 13M and a 66M cash spread over 6 years, but subsequent years there were cap hits of 19 and 26, with no bonuses.

yes, long term it may end up as no less than the floor, but defering payment to future is preferred (for any business). other teams tend to give large contracts, big bonuses and lay out a lot more cash up front, and still manage to be in the floor and ceiling of the cap as you mentioned.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How do you think they've been so unsuccessful over the last 29 seasons by NOT going the extra mile to get out big contracts!!!
What are you talking about? There is a salary cap floor that all teams must meet.

That comment makes ZERO sense. NONE.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It doesn’t matter how rich a team is everyone has to deal with the same salary cap. That levels the playing field. If there wasn’t a salary cap, we would be signing players left and right.
Thank you!

Salary cap 101 right there.