How are you spending Sunday, and another reason to think Jerry is by nature, wack ..

igtmfo

Reaction score
A day for your family, church, responsibilities .... on any other weekend.

I've told loved ones, in a kind way, to "go away" this Sunday, until maybe 6 p.m.

I'm going to listen to Norm's draft coverage. Of course we have the most picks but no one is going to be more frantic about day-two trades than the Boys.

Trading around, up and down guys, trading Greg Ellis for a sack of ants (I hope not fire ants, they are bad *** ...) Yeah, a sack of ants.

Ellis, for a paper bag of ants running out the top... the ants will be less trouble ..

I'm close, anyway ...

A serious point . ...

I remember Jimmy calling Dave Shula .. (Not Don Shula, his son, Dave)

(OK can you believe, without much experience, that Dave Shula was tabbed Jimmy's first year to be Cowboys FREAKING OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR in 1989) ... ) .. Failed!

Anyway Jimmy called Dave at Miami in 1991 or something to trade him one of our 10th round picks for a six pack of Heineken. Shula's kid refused, thinking there was a catch. Jimmy was serious about sending the Heineken. David Shula hung up the phone.

I'm thinking now, if Jerry would hire freaking Dave Shula to be OC his first year that Jerry is maybe still WAY TOO IMPRESSED WITH FAMILY TIES, HISTORY IN THE LEAGUE, PERCEIVED PEDIGREE...

I hate Jerry for this ... he picks for coaching, scouting jobs the Garretts, Phillips, etc. .. their kids now are all kids of Wade, and the fairly failed scout Jim Garrett (of "Drew Henson has more potential than Troy Aikman" fame, and anyone please enlighten me, any great finds from Jim Garrett, that would impress me .... despite bunches of failures, was Larry Allen on his watch? ) .... just from lame hopes that the Shula, Phillips families are annoited, despite the evidence?

Parcells was pissed that Jerry kept all the Lacewells etc. around out of some kind of misguided loyalty. Parcells was right ... he had to kick out Lacewell to Jerry's objections, and probably other questionable scouts ...

And the sharp guys like Scott Pioli wouldn't countenance any of this crap/nepotism.

Neither, I think, will Stephen Jones countenance any of this crap/nepotism.

OK, back to the draft .... We may really have 10-12 picks made, just on Sunday picks.

Very exciting. Tom Ciskowski for president!

Crazy man! Thanks for reading.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
ok starting at 2 pm, i will have a Do Not Disturb Sign on My Door.
I will have my popcorn, soda water, etc
i will have my war room ready
i have about 22 board posters up now with players, positions, teams etc and sleepers,
I will have my dvr recorder set to record espn draft and nfl network draft
i will have my 5 nfl draft magazines
my 4 key draft sites on internet
my radio on and internet,

and ready to go;

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
HoleInTheRoof;2744819 said:
What time does the draft start on Sunday?

10 am best i remember
on my nfl network it is showing nfl draft starts at 9 am, but i think that first hour is preparation for the draft, coverage of what happened first day and what teams might do

thats generally what they do

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
You've just become one of my favorite posters igtmfo! ROFLMAO!

btgboys41

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Draft for me for 5 years running now is buying 3 bushels of crabs and about 10 of us watch the entire coverage wall to wall. I also am supplying a 3 gallon Mojito which I will start making about 9 am. I'm in Maryland and crabs is a big event. lastly, I bought 1 dozen macanudo cigars so I'll be pretty buzzed. I have a spreadsheet that has 5 mocks next to one another along with mine just to see how I do in the first round against McShay, Kiper, Banks, Lindsey and Scott Wright. The day is heaven.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
btgboys41;2744953 said:
Draft for me for 5 years running now is buying 3 bushels of crabs and about 10 of us watch the entire coverage wall to wall. I also am supplying a 3 gallon Mojito which I will start making about 9 am. I'm in Maryland and crabs is a big event. lastly, I bought 1 dozen macanudo cigars so I'll be pretty buzzed.

Don't they make for a mighty expensive blunt?? :D

nathanlt

Reaction score
I've always been amazed at the amount of work I've put into each draft during the past decade

compared with the Cowboys ignorance of my well-researched advice,

the stress of each pick, the frustration, anger, and acceptance of each pick different than mine.

The impatience that the Cowboys don't get to use these new guys in their first game action on April 27th.

And then the realization that the Cowboys did pretty well without me about 5 months later.

I've been a junkie for the longest time, but this year, I have a minimal understanding of who what and why for the draft. And it's really going to be nice to not make it so critical, because chemistry is more important than talent as last year showed. And as far as Sunday....

Isaiah 58:13. It's tough to follow, but keep it in mind.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
That's pretty much my story as well. :D Now, I dont stress it anymore. I tape the draft and do something w/the fam. In a couple of hours I'm off to a luau to watch my girls perform hula.

Now that's the life. :D

nathanlt;2745408 said:
I've always been amazed at the amount of work I've put into each draft during the past decade

compared with the Cowboys ignorance of my well-researched advice,

the stress of each pick, the frustration, anger, and acceptance of each pick different than mine.

The impatience that the Cowboys don't get to use these new guys in their first game action on April 27th.

And then the realization that the Cowboys did pretty well without me about 5 months later.

I've been a junkie for the longest time, but this year, I have a minimal understanding of who what and why for the draft. And it's really going to be nice to not make it so critical, because chemistry is more important than talent as last year showed. And as far as Sunday....

Isaiah 58:13. It's tough to follow, but keep it in mind.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
BAT;2745736 said:
That's pretty much my story as well. :D Now, I dont stress it anymore. I tape the draft and do something w/the fam. In a couple of hours I'm off to a luau to watch my girls perform hula.

Now that's the life. :D

i dont stress it either, i eat up the draft, this is my big day to dream you know, what if the cowboys could get the players i think they can get;

woohoo!