How Bad Is The Officiating Going To Be?

Dallyjake

Reaction score
With the league getting totally embarrassed and called out by the Judge, How bad is the rape job going to be?

I mean we never get calls anyways but I am thinking it's going to be especially bad Sunday night.

This is the part that worries me as well. Instant replay reviews are in jeopardy as well. I'm 100% convinced that there is a no Dallas Super Bowl movement inside the NFL headquarters.

Pants

Reaction score
I will continue to say that there is not a bias towards race or DV, but towards DC....ridiculous...

#Goodellmustgo

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
The bad calls don't come from the league. Except that mot********* BLANDINO calling the Dez catch not one.

The calls come from individuals that have a personal bias against America's team. Our past success and jealousy and anger towards that title comes out on the field. The illegal fake substitution penalty. That really happened.

I suspect the Zeke case and the injunction won't sit well with these types. The calls will be bad.
Prepare for some extremely questionable holds on us and blatant ones let go for them.

Possibly a fan could get called for unsportsmanlike conduct and it be accessed to us like in college basketball.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Given the opportunity, the league will rule against the Cowboys on any judgment call they are given. The trick is to not give them that opportunity. Blow out every team and make this gauntlet through the 2017 season a convincing one for all takers that think they can challenge us. Do not change who we are. It's not a complicated recipe... let the O-line stream roll through defenses while feeding Elliott the ball. Sprinkle in a generous share of Dez, Wit and Beas down field and keep those chains moving. Hope the defense can get enough stops so that we are on top on the final score. The only team that can stop the Cowboys is the Cowboys. The bonehead penalties are crushing unforced errors that we can not afford to do too much of.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
I fear penalties on the secondary all night and of course holding.

I can already see big plays being wiped out by holding.

In 15 the giants got the phoney opi on Devon street costing Dallas a td and last years missed opi on donnell in the end zone on the Cruz td.

I expect more of this and then analysts will tell everyone it's more than one play.

links18

Reaction score
As bad as NFL officiating usually is. Just don't give them any excuses for cheap 15 yarders.

Everson24

Reaction score
I believe it's going to be obviously bad. We need to learn to play better than the refs ref. That is what New England did last year.

TheHerd

Reaction score
The bonehead penalties are crushing unforced errors that we can not afford to do too much of.

Some of the bonehead penalties are judgement calls.

For instance, if the completely blatant tackle of Irving on the miracle play by the NFL golden boy was called for holding, would that havehave been a boneheaded play by their OL? There is close to zero chance a Cowboy isn't called for holding on that. So one team's bonehead is another's play off the year.

TheHerd

Reaction score
Get ready for the Cowboys to get called for more obscure penalties.
Many will say "that happens to all teams" "the calls go both ways"

They don't. The degree of just how absurd some of the calls against us have been and how impactful is sickening.
The roughing the passer stats for Tony tell you all you need to know.

Hailmary

Reaction score
Maybe all the bad press and the scrutiny the NFL has been under over the Zeke matter will actually help us. Questionable calls against us may seem as a confirmation that this is a witch hunt, not only on Zeke but the Cowboys as an organization.

TheHerd

Reaction score
I believe it's going to be obviously bad. We need to learn to play better than the refs ref. That is what New England did last year.

The Patriots are still on the "good" list, despite all their shenanigans. Only the Kraft/Jerry connection hurts them. No team commits more picks and pass interference. It's their game plan. DBs talk about how the Emperor teaches how to not get called for it.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Some of the bonehead penalties are judgement calls.

For instance, if the completely blatant tackle of Irving on the miracle play by the NFL golden boy was called for holding, would that havehave been a boneheaded play by their OL? There is close to zero chance a Cowboy isn't called for holding on that. So one team's bonehead is another's play off the year.

I'm only talking about the bonehead penalties attributed to our team that we don't actually commit, not the unjust judgements that we have no control over. There will be a certain amount of shenanigans that we can not control but as I've already stated, if we establish a sufficient scoring margin, the shenanigans won't make enough difference to matter.