How bout Jimmy Johnson the GM?

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Football threads here seem to die a very quick death. No one really wants to talk about turnovers, ST's play, yada yada. Go look at them.

silver

Reaction score
zrinkill;2369163 said:
You think it helps?

Jerry has said that he will ALWAYS be GM of the Cowboys.

I would love if Jimmy Johnson came back in some way ..... but its not gonna happen.

Might as well start a thread about John Madden becoming our coach or GM.

you must have missed the wink

wink.jpg

sacase

Reaction score
Jimmy is gone and he is not coming back.....EVER! get over it.

Jerry will be the GM till the day he dies.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
zrinkill;2369163 said:
You think it helps?

Jerry has said that he will ALWAYS be GM of the Cowboys.

I would love if Jimmy Johnson came back in some way ..... but its not gonna happen.

Might as well start a thread about John Madden becoming our coach or GM.

:laugh2: :D

Tex

Reaction score
Jimmy's expertise was as a coach on the field not as a gm for sure.

This is like the Peter Principle at its finest.

Tex

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Same guy's always going thread to thread telling people to get over this and that and calling people stupid and dumb. Yah I wish everyone would talk about football instead of hating on people for putting up a thread. No wonder there is rarely new people with new ideas here and then people complain about the creativity but very rarely put a thread up themselves. Atrocious. I'll go to another thread where people don't spend their night smashing eachother.

GO JIMMY

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Jerry wouldnt leave Jimmy in as Head Coach 1st time around.

So....

This time around he is gonna promote Jimmy to GM and replace himself?

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh-K! :lmao:

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
How about...no. I saw what Jimmy was able to do with this kind of power in Miami and he wasn't good.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
BAT;2369493 said:
Would it be such a huge blow to Jerry's ego to ask him for some help?

Having Jimmy give a tip or two to even Read would be immense.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=FGHTCaRosBA

Awesome video bro! Jimmy Johnson getting the good ole clinic going.

Here's another Jimmy video showing his swagger. You tell me who's the man in this video, Jimmy or Jerry? I wish we could get him to tell us he'd get us to the Superbowl in 2 years so that he could get us there in 1, next year.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=ceC16yRDFOA&feature=related

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2369498 said:
How about...no. I saw what Jimmy was able to do with this kind of power in Miami and he wasn't good.

LOL. Just keep spreading the myth of hate.

What Jimmy did in Miami was WIN, maybe not SBs, but he was getting TO the postseason AND WINNING more than the Cowboys did in the same time span.

Hell, in the 4 seasons that Jimmy was in Miami (1996 - 1999), he won 4 playoff games compared to the ONE that Jerry did between 1996 - 2007.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2369498 said:

Jimmy is a Cowboy, plain and simple. You want to call him a Dolphin after he won you 2 championships and had this team set up for any flash in the pan to win another with his team then sleep well knowing that. He could never duplicate what he did in Dallas anywhere else and I'd be hard pressed to find any other coach in the history of this league to pull off what he did. We should of had at least 4 SB's from that team if he was still at the helm.

He won't come back and coach us, I know this but you give him this offense and let him do what he has to with this defense and we'll be hearing:

HOW BOUT DEM COWBOYS !!!

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
BAT;2369521 said:

What Jimmy did in Miami was WIN, maybe not SBs, but he was getting TO the postseason AND WINNING more than the Cowboys did in the same time span.

Hell, in the 4 seasons that Jimmy was in Miami (1996 - 1999), he won 4 playoff games compared to the ONE that Jerry did between 1996 - 2007.

Oh well in that case sign him right up. I mean I can't wait to get one playoff win a year. That would be awesome.

Oh, wait, it wouldn't be. Sorry but you won't sway me with a playoff victory cause I'm not one of those people nearly as hung up on that as others. Rather you lose in the first round, or the second round, you still got your rear bounced out of the playoffs and it won't make the losing any easier, or make you really feel that much better because you managed to last one round.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
BAT;2369521 said:

Sick point! Not to mention he left them with that defense he built and kept them serviceable years after as well.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
AKATheRake;2369538 said:
Jimmy is a Cowboy, plain and simple. You want to call him a Dolphin after he won you 2 championships and had this team set up for any flash in the pan to win another with his team then sleep well knowing that. He could never duplicate what he did in Dallas anywhere else and I'd be hard pressed to find any other coach in the history of this league to pull off what he did. We should of had at least 4 SB's from that team if he was still at the helm.

He won't come back and coach us, I know this but you give him this offense and let him do what he has to with this defense and we'll be hearing:

HOW BOUT DEM COWBOYS !!!

Really? How? Everyone who screams they want him scream they want him cause he could make t he players fear him by cutting people and such. So who would he cut that is actually going to scare some of those defensive players into actually playing?

Tank Johnson?

Do you really think that Ken Hamlin or Brady James or Anthony Henry are really going to be shaking in their shoes if he does this?

This isn't the same game. Jimmy's inimidation stuff wouldn't work the same anymore because he couldn't just cut people and couldn't just bench someone and replace them with a backup that could start on most other teams, like he could back when he was building up Dallas.

That is what worked so well for him then. He didn't have to cut them because the fear of being benched and the guy behind them playing their way into the big money contract kept those players just afraid enough of him.

He simply couldn't do that anymore.

There is no way that any of the people on this team that you would need to fear him would actually fear him now days. If that was the case then this team wouldn't have failed in December, and the playoffs, under BP who is also known for making players fear him.

What Jimmy did for us back in the day I'm thrilled with and give him all the credit he deserves for that. That was awesome. But I'm not going to continue to live in th past and believe that at 60+ years old he could still do that with the intimidation factor that made him so great not working nearly as well anymore.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2369554 said:
Really? How? Everyone who screams they want him scream they want him cause he could make t he players fear him by cutting people and such. So who would he cut that is actually going to scare some of those defensive players into actually playing?

Tank Johnson?

Do you really think that Ken Hamlin or Brady James or Anthony Henry are really going to be shaking in their shoes if he does this?

This isn't the same game. Jimmy's inimidation stuff wouldn't work the same anymore because he couldn't just cut people and couldn't just bench someone and replace them with a backup that could start on most other teams, like he could back when he was building up Dallas.

That is what worked so well for him then. He didn't have to cut them because the fear of being benched and the guy behind them playing their way into the big money contract kept those players just afraid enough of him.

He simply couldn't do that anymore.

There is no way that any of the people on this team that you would need to fear him would actually fear him now days. If that was the case then this team wouldn't have failed in December, and the playoffs, under BP who is also known for making players fear him.

What Jimmy did for us back in the day I'm thrilled with and give him all the credit he deserves for that. That was awesome. But I'm not going to continue to live in th past and believe that at 60+ years old he could still do that with the intimidation factor that made him so great not working nearly as well anymore.

He would do it with intensity my friend. He could cut Henry if he wanted. Roy Williams, Ellis wants to complain some more, cut him too. Irvin would be right there with Jimmy, Irvin would cut these guys with scissors for Jimmy, lol. Not that this is necessary. He would bust asss all over that O-line. The D-line? Wow, he'd send everyone but Ratliff and turn it into a 4-3. Oh there is lots to trim if he wants, if you feel he needs to do it through fear. I think his intensity alone could change things around here though.

Here's a video of him talking about the Cowboys last year during the Ginats game. Look at the intensity when he watches their games. He acts like this is still his team. I've never seen Wade or even Parcells kick it up like bad boy Jimmy. The swagger is just awesome. We need this type of swagger and intensity on this team. T.O would love Jimmy. T.O, Jimmy and Irvin would eat steaks together all the time while they talk about abusing their next opponent. Yes abuse, not just try to win. Check the video, he's obsessed with us still.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=Zsw1fU7fBq

Big Dakota

Reaction score
zrinkill;2369196 said:
You mean from you posters that have been here a month or two and start thread after thread of things that will never happen?

Masterpieces like

How bout Jimmy Johnson the GM? (wow really)

If this was Romo 3 years ago would he have found a way to play through the pinkie? (Questioning the toughness and will of our QB)

Jimmy Johnson said it best Sunday (I posted a similar article)

Could we ever get Jimmy Johnson back? What would it take? What other solutions? (A continuing dream with you kids)

You must have started watching Football in the 90's

Yes we all miss Jimmy ...... but he is a 65 year old broadcaster now ..... get over it.

TheRake is really Rhonda and she wants Jimmy's *** out of the house:D

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Dogging Jimmy Johnson for Miami is just foolish.

He was handcuffed with Marino the rocket launcher. Marino would buy into the running game and he was already done anyways.

I dont see Jimmy coming back and times are different.

BUT... I would bet that Jimmy achieves ATLEAST the success of us winning a single playoff game. The bar is not that far out reach.

Cowboys2008

Reaction score
I'd rather have him as coach. GM I just don't think would fit him. He's too far removed from that aspect of the game. In fact, I think when he went to Miami after us that he was already too far removed from that aspect.

His edge that first time around was that he was an on-fire college coach just coming out of that talent evaluating aspect of the game. He knew all the college players simply due to him just having come out of the thick of it.

Jimmy's greatest atribute is motivation, and little to none he can do sitting in a skybox come Sunday. He needs to be down there driving players so hard just to make it to that promise land so they can have a slim chance to none in messing his hair up after we win the big one. Lol. Emmitt might only be a Julius Jones if it isn't for that hair mocking him everyday allday long. Lol.