How can Garrett not be on the hot seat?

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Season hasn't even started...yet one pathetic loss after another. Sure it's just pre-season...but @ some point...players need to be held accountable. Coaches as well...There is no doubt in my mind we have the talent...yet this team continues to play bad ...mistake prone football.

Losses like this...set a franchise back.I don't care what people say... Losing has become acceptable in Dallas. And as a fan..I call BS.

I think the players have already started to mail it in for 2018...:rolleyes:

You already see the tell tell signs of guys protecting themselves...:mad:

GMO415

Reaction score
No way should Dal.have taken the field with a team that gave up 8 turnovers!

Losing is contagious

Doomsday101

Reaction score
lol guys it is pre season many key starters on offense did not even play. If this team fails this season then Garrett should be fired but getting upset over a pre season game is a bit much.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Season hasn't even started...yet one pathetic loss after another. Sure it's just pre-season...but @ some point...players need to be held accountable. Coaches as well...There is no doubt in my mind we have the talent...yet this team continues to play bad ...mistake prone football.

Losses like this...set a franchise back.I don't care what people say... Losing has become acceptable in Dallas. And as a fan..I call BS.

Who mailed it in?

Big_D

Reaction score
So dress rehearsal means nothing? Like the young starters didn't need the work. Something wrong here. But Jerry's the coach and this was his call. The puppet just goes with the flow. There's no hot seat because there's no expectations.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
So dress rehearsal means nothing? Like the young starters didn't need the work. Something wrong here. But Jerry's the coach and this was his call. The puppet just goes with the flow. There's no hot seat because there's no expectations.

No given injuries on the front OL they choose not to play Dak. GB did not play many starters this past game either and have only played Rodgers 1 series this pre season.

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
The players are getting held accountable because 37 are about to go sell insurance/ cars.

kskboys

Reaction score

A preseason game where we didn't play many of our starters sets the team back?

Flamma

Reaction score
In 1992 the Jets went 5-0 in pre season and I can still remember the hype. It was guarded, but still some hype. Well, it didn't turn out so well once the games counted.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I'm amazed how some put so much on pre season games. Even in these pre season game when 1st unit offense has been on the field they have moved the ball and put up points and defense has shut out opposing offense. I do expect 1st unit to produce. Once we hit the 2nd and 3rd units I really am not interested in overall play as I am individual efforts. Final outcome meaningless.

Paradox

Reaction score
I think he would have to have two consecutive Dave Campo-esque years for Jerry to pull that trigger.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The team missed the playoffs following the 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015 and 2017 seasons, so...
Only hope for Cowboy fans that want him gone for us to miss the playoffs.
...is not realistic. A reasonable fan aspiration is for Jerry Jones to consider head coaching advantages beyond Garrett regardless whatever happens this or any other season. And before anyone asks What if Garrett coaches the team to a Super Bowl?, I hope they remember Jones still has the same mentality that reasoned parting with Jimmy Johnson was logical despite what he has said publicly since then.

History has proven Jones most often does what he WANTS to do and very seldom what fans want him to do.