How common is the no trade / tag clause?

rojan

Reaction score
Do all other star QBs have these clauses in their contract? Seems like we’ve been giving up lots of leverage in negotiations lately

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
It’s not common. Jerry got absolutely fleeced in the previous Dak negotiations.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Dak was too good to be true, and wait until the next one he gets will be even bigger and better

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Rare but they are becoming more common for top-tier players who want to have more control over their career and where they play.

rojan

Reaction score
I can’t believe we botched this soo bad. Imagine him walking next year and we get absolutely nothing. Just when we thought the Cooper contract couldn’t get any worse

KDM256

Reaction score
Carr, Allen, Watson, Dak and Wilson when with Denver are the only ones to my knowledge and if I was a player, I would add that verbiage if I could as well. If things go south, at the end of the day you're going to pay me!

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
They have become more common, they were and should still be imo for players like Rodger’s, mahomes, manning, burrow’s tier not players like dak.

How the hell stephen got fleeced so bad last time is really amazing, they gave dak every dollar he earned and wanted and yet still conceded a no trade clause- what did daks side concede? How was this even a negotiation.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can’t believe we botched this soo bad. Imagine him walking next year and we get absolutely nothing. Just when we thought the Cooper contract couldn’t get any worse
We will get comp pick. If a team signs him, and one will. If we can get a 3rd round comp pick for a 4th round 9 year player. That is a good return.
Jerry is a genius. :muttley:

SiCk_DiAbLo

Reaction score
The No trade clause just let's you keep the contract or be cut, why Jerry did that is unknown...

Proof

Reaction score
They have become more common, they were and should still be imo for players like Rodger’s, mahomes, manning, burrow’s tier not players like dak.

How the hell stephen got fleeced so bad last time is really amazing, they gave dak every dollar he earned and wanted and yet still conceded a no trade clause- what did daks side concede? How was this even a negotiation.
coming off a catastrophic injury no less. this really is the worst timeline lol

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Do all other star QBs have these clauses in their contract? Seems like we’ve been giving up lots of leverage in negotiations lately
Actually Russ had a no trade clause when he was traded from Seattle to Denver.