How could anyone be shocked at this loss?

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
As a football fan and fantasy football player, I pay attention to alot of other team outside of my cowboys for the obvious other purpose.

Even i knew we were going to lose to the packers even when other fans said we would win.

One, Dispite the packers being 9-7, they were the 3rd best team in the 2nd half of the season. They just came on with just enough room to get into the playoffs.

Two, I warned earlier about the packers WRs and they did their usual work. I knew from the just that the packers just had more talented WRs than we had talented CBs. The math was just not mathing with that. The reason fellow cowboys fans didn't see this is because these are teams they dont follow and players not familiar with like I follow during fantasy season.

Three, the packers have a great run game, and regardless of how fans hyped this defense up, the cowboys are one of the smallest in the league when it comes to stopping the run. The personal is small and the scheme sucks. I expected them to run on us with ease.

I went into this game expecting a shootout with the hopes that dallas would make 1 or 2 stops to pull ahead and get the win. I did not expect dallas to be that bad on offense. You just can't do that against a team like GB.

GB imo is just another upcoming team that will give dallas fits for years to come just like SF will. It will be some time before we witness greatness again. We are just falling behind other teams and the window has closed.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
This loss was SHOCKING no matter how you slice it. It's the way we lost more so than the loss itself, which is bad enough.
I put that on the coaches. I knew the defense would blow against the packers offense but the coaches really went south preparing the offense for this game. The players didn't make it any better after getting punch in the mouth.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
GB imo is just another upcoming team that will toy with dallas for years to come
Dallas has had more than enough time thru out the years to get a chip before these new era teams came along but have just blown those years. Imo dallas wasted too many years on dak while nickle & diming to get by. Time is up and its now time for the newer younger teams to get their shot. 8 years with dak is just mind blowing.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
The 21st century Cowboys flopping in the playoffs shouldn't shock any Cowboys fan. We've seen this movie more than once, unfortunately.

While the loss itself isn't shocking, getting their doors blown off by these Packers was a surprise. They struggled to beat Carolina and Chicago to even get in the playoffs.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
my goodness just read my posts from the last two days, I am one of the few on here who can be objective about this dumpster fire. Should the Cowboys win? Yup...will anybody be surprised if they lose? Nope...