Video: How Cowboys Sam Williams took over the Past 3 Games

quickccc

Reaction score
What if Sam Williams is Michael Parsons 2.0?

The thing I like about Sam Williams is when the running back lines up on his side, or directly behind the QB, he is eyeing the running back at the snap. So he's not one of those guys that will just go out to the QB every time.

Or as the narrator in the video compares ... another version of Khali Mack in his early Bears Career.

"Sam I Am " is really displaying such a combination of explosiveness, bend and play power in his initial first steps in the backfield.
And doesn't matter where he lines up at and what side he's coming from. - he took once very highly regarded draftee Penei Sewell to school.

And Williams is just a rookie who hasn't been in an offseason strength program yet.
Physically, its gonna be utterly scary what his potential and ceiling is gonna be.

The run defense experience and discipline will hopefully grow, and he does have to temper his game and play with more discipline,
as he seems to get automatic penalties with every pass game.
With hands to the face or unnecessary roughness flags.

This dude is looking like he has top 10 overall draft talent, and we luckily nabbed him in the 2nd round.

quickccc

Reaction score
I recall a few really good run stops by Williams that should have made this video. He shows as much balance in his game as any DE I have seen for Dallas since Demarcus Ware.

On another note, this series of plays convinced me again that Trysten Hill was much better than Neville Gallimore, and even Osa Odighizuwa. Go ahead and watch the video again and notice how Hill has control of his blocker on almost every play. I understand why he was the odd man out - he will be a free agent next year - but he gets more criticism than he deserved.

- Hill is not coming back to Dallas. I’d be very stunned otherwise
Cutting him was the team’s way of moving on from him .. for good riddance.

- From this film session, (and several others) i do see Hill standing out as well. I see Hill’s low to ground agility and bend, pursuit skills and ability to get off blocks

- But More and more, i don't think it was " numbers" game among the DTs, nor a displeasure of his play, that decided his fate here en route to being cut at mid season.
Instead of letting him walk per FA.

- More and more, think Trysten is a perceived ill-tempered knucklehead who became a locker room cancer and maybe some coaches and players just got tired of him
And simply couldn’t wait to get him off the roster.
Headcase.

Reports were even teammates like DLaw had to go corral Trysten post game, because he was very close to repeating fighting opposing players " after' the game.. again.
And rumor has it per Jean Jacque Taylor and Todd Archer that sumthing occurred in the locker room regarding Hill and Dak supporters that did not go
over well, ..and who know what else was constantly going on with Hill,..

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I recall a few really good run stops by Williams that should have made this video. He shows as much balance in his game as any DE I have seen for Dallas since Demarcus Ware.

On another note, this series of plays convinced me again that Trysten Hill was much better than Neville Gallimore, and even Osa Odighizuwa. Go ahead and watch the video again and notice how Hill has control of his blocker on almost every play. I understand why he was the odd man out - he will be a free agent next year - but he gets more criticism than he deserved.
Yes, cutting Hill at this point was odd.

One issue is that they tried to make him into a 1tech because they have multiple 3tech types (Gallimore, Odighi, Golston) and they often use DEs as inside pass rushers.

With the acquisition of Hankins they now have multiple 1techs. Hankins & Bohanna with Watkins as a tweener 1/3 tech.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Love the potential of this guy

Thanks for sharing. With Parsons and the DL humming Williams has not gotten the attention he deserves. I see a potential monster with an array of technique for a rookie. He has had a couple injuries to start but if he can stay healthy and get consistent snaps everyone is going to be talking about Sam Williams.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Lool, sorry, just gotta point out on the very first snap LVE is just hitched on the blocker for the ride for almost 10-yards, smh.

LOL, every time i see film with intent to watch MP, Williams or even Damone.....LVE just jumps out at me displaying how bad he plays the position. Can't stand it and can't turn away....need to get rid of him pronto.. :facepalm:

morat1959

Reaction score
This guy has a big upside. He’ll be a great one for years if he doesn’t fall to JJs culture of being great while winning nothing.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
I think they should protect Micah and stop playing him at DE, and let williams take some of those snaps.