How crazy/good would it be if

Altestic

Reaction score
... we did give Zeke his money (3+ year extension), and pay Cooper as well, but let Prescott play out the season and then tag him? Potentially even tag and trade him?

I personally think it would be awesome and ballsy GM'ing.

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
I think we should pay Zeke and Cooper. They’re difference makers.

Let Dak play this year out. If he underperforms, we get him for less than what we offered. If he over-performs, he’s proven his worth, we had a great season and he can get the $35 million.

I see no benefit to signing Dak now. He’s not gonna take a discount as is, so what’s the point in signing him now? We either save money or we sign him for what he wants anyways.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
... we did give Zeke his money (3+ year extension), and pay Cooper as well, but let Prescott play out the season and then tag him? Potentially even tag and trade him?

Take your Dak hatred elsewhere. Dak is not going anywhere. No wonder you would prefer the Cowboys tank the season if Dak were to go down with serious injury. In your mind, it would be best to tank, draft inside the Top 5 and draft Dak's replacement, eh?

Altestic

Reaction score
Take your Dak hatred elsewhere. Dak is not going anywhere. No wonder you would prefer the Cowboys tank the season if Dak were to go down with serious injury. In your mind, it would be best to tank, draft inside the Top 5 and draft Dak's replacement, eh?
yes. Trevor Lawrence. T-Law on offense and D-Law on defense, imagine that.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
yes. Trevor Lawrence. T-Law on offense and D-Law on defense, imagine that.
Ignorant and ridiculous thinking. Sorry to burst your bubble, but Dak is not going anywhere. Plus, Trevor Lawrence is going #1 overall, so the Cowboys would have to completely tank and make sure they end up with the worst record (likely 1-15 or 2-14) in order to draft #1 overall...just to appease your ridiculous fantasy.

It's not happening.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score

I'm still wondering why Eagles fans are allowed to start threads around here. Don't use "we" when you are talking about the Cowboys because you are not affiliated with them. You have your new Eagles Jersey to show off in the Dallas area so stop posing as a Cowboys fan.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Isn't this like your 3rd time making a post about the same thing? Was stupid the first time and still dumb now.

Ignorant and ridiculous thinking. Sorry to burst your bubble, but Dak is not going anywhere. Plus, Trevor Lawrence is going #1 overall, so the Cowboys would have to completely tank and make sure they end up with the worst record (likely 1-15 or 2-14) in order to draft #1 overall...just to appease your ridiculous fantasy.

It's not happening.
He's an Eagles fan just trying cause trouble. Relax and don't take the bait.

Altestic

Reaction score

It's not happening.
If we let Prescott go next year (or tag and trade him for a high pick), and Cooper Rush or Mike White is the starter all year, that may very well happen.

Altestic

Reaction score
I'm still wondering why Eagles fans are allowed to start threads around here. Don't use "we" when you are talking about the Cowboys because you are not affiliated with them. You have your new Eagles Jersey to show off in the Dallas area so stop posing as a Cowboys fan.
Because I am a Cowboys fan AND an Eagles fan... why is that so hard for these folks on here to understand? Jeez.

mcmvp

Reaction score
If this preseason hasn't shown that Zeke can be replaced and Dak can not be replaced than I don't know what will. Signing Dak should be priority number 1, Cooper next, Jaylon and possibly Byron and than Zeke at a reasonable price.

Really? This ‘preseason’ has shown you everything you need to know about the situation? Has the Cowboys offense even faced defense playing its starters yet?

So if this preseason hasn’t shown the Cowboys what their priorities should be, nothing will? Did you ever stop to consider the ‘regular’ season might be a better indicator?

wow