How deep is this Draft??

slotshot

Reaction score
Factoring in the underclassmen and seniors...I would say moderately deep.

Seems quite nice for OL. Not as good as last year at RB (although few years are). WR is decent. QB is uninspiring.

What do you guys think?

masomenos

Less is more
Reaction score
slotshot;2577360 said:
Factoring in the underclassmen and seniors...I would say moderately deep.

Seems quite nice for OL. Not as good as last year at RB (although few years are). WR is decent. QB is uninspiring.

What do you guys think?

At first glance, I think it looks kind of weak. However, I've done very little research at this point, so take what I say with a grain of salt.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
what i am seeing with all of the top ranked juniors come out, this could be the best draft in years.

if the cowboys did their homework and did their scouting like they generally do, then the cowboys can load up with talented players,

remember about 5 years ago the cowboys got jason witten in the 3rd round. and last year the cowboys got scandrick in the 5th round last year.

with the cowboys having a 2nd, 3rd, 4, 4, 5, 5, 6, 7, 7 and possibly 2 compensation picks, in 5th and 6th round. Along with some trades possibly involving the trades of bobby carpenter, maybe crayton if T O stays due to roy williams at wr, austin, T O and hurd, then this team is too loaded at wr, and crayton would bring value i think. Then, possibly trade McQuistan, or Proctor, then the cowboys can get some extra picks to, to move up in the draft or get some quality players.

I am hoping the cowboys go out at least and sign free agent sproles, he is a super talent on special teams and out of the backfield, then if something happens to felix jones again, the cowboys have a speed back with sproles nad a super punt and kickoff returner.

masomenos

Less is more
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2578079 said:
what i am seeing with all of the top ranked juniors come out, this could be the best draft in years.

if the cowboys did their homework and did their scouting like they generally do, then the cowboys can load up with talented players,

remember about 5 years ago the cowboys got jason witten in the 3rd round. and last year the cowboys got scandrick in the 5th round last year.

with the cowboys having a 2nd, 3rd, 4, 4, 5, 5, 6, 7, 7 and possibly 2 compensation picks, in 5th and 6th round. Along with some trades possibly involving the trades of bobby carpenter, maybe crayton if T O stays due to roy williams at wr, austin, T O and hurd, then this team is too loaded at wr, and crayton would bring value i think. Then, possibly trade McQuistan, or Proctor, then the cowboys can get some extra picks to, to move up in the draft or get some quality players.

I am hoping the cowboys go out at least and sign free agent sproles, he is a super talent on special teams and out of the backfield, then if something happens to felix jones again, the cowboys have a speed back with sproles nad a super punt and kickoff returner.

There's no room for Sproles in Dallas.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2578079 said:

thats said every single yr at this time

this draft doesnt look that special to me to be honest...

Verdict

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2578079 said:

No disrespect to your thought process, or your post, but I don't think that McQuistan or Proctor have ANY trade value at this point whatsoever. I would HOPE that I am wrong, but I would be very pleasantly surprised if it turned out they did. I would trade either for a bag of chips at this point.