How Did I Know

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
That all these sports reporters, would make it like USC was this great team, because it took them untill the final 30 seconds to beat USC, and that was because Leinhart fumbled. USC finally went against a good team and looked what happened, had the CB looked back one time, the pass would have been knocked down, game over, but instead it's a great pass because the CB isnt looking even though it falls right in front of him, Lienhart showed that he is not ready for the NFL, throwing two INT's, to a team that is that dangerous on offense, shows me he isnt ready. This entire game he was constantly bailed out by Reggie Bush, he is true heart of that team, Lienhart, is nothing but a good QB, who has tremedous talent around him.

USC would have lost to the 49er's last year, and the game against ND proves it.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dargonking999 said:
That all these sports reporters, would make it like USC was this great team, because it took them untill the final 30 seconds to beat USC, and that was because Leinhart fumbled. USC finally went against a good team and looked what happened, had the CB looked back one time, the pass would have been knocked down, game over, but instead it's a great pass because the CB isnt looking even though it falls right in front of him, Lienhart showed that he is not ready for the NFL, throwing two INT's, to a team that is that dangerous on offense, shows me he isnt ready. This entire game he was constantly bailed out by Reggie Bush, he is true heart of that team, Lienhart, is nothing but a good QB, who has tremedous talent around him.

USC would have lost to the 49er's last year, and the game against ND proves it.

Yep - Leinart and USC are overrated.

:rolleyes:

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Sarge said:
Yep - Leinart and USC are overrated.

:rolleyes:

Lienhart is

USC is a legitage COLLEGE team, they have lots of talent, on their offense, their QB just isnt this golden boy everybody is mkaing him out to be. Please Sarge dont misinterpet my words

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dargonking999 said:
Lienhart is

USC is a legitage COLLEGE team, they have lots of talent, on their offense, their QB just isnt this golden boy everybody is mkaing him out to be. Please Sarge dont misinterpet my words

Leinart is an excellent QB. There is no debate that he is surrounded by talent, but the fact is, he knows how to use it and he could very well lead USC to three championships in a row - that has never been done before.

I have no idea where you are getting this , "they could not have beaten last years 49ers" stuff.

There is no question - at least on this end, that the 49ers would have handled USC, no problem. I've never made the argument that USC could have beaten the 9ers - that is nonsense.

My point is, Leinart is a quality QB. No question in my mind.

Perhaps they should have lost yesterday, but that is irrelevent.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Sarge said:
Leinart is an excellent QB. There is no debate that he is surrounded by talent, but the fact is, he knows how to use it and he could very well lead USC to three championships in a row - that has never been done before.

I have no idea where you are getting this , "they could not have beaten last years 49ers" stuff.

There is no question - at least on this end, that the 49ers would have handled USC, no problem. I've never made the argument that USC could have beaten the 9ers - that is nonsense.

My point is, Leinart is a quality QB. No question in my mind.

Perhaps they should have lost yesterday, but that is irrelevent.

there have been posters here, and things i've head on tV(ESPN) saying that they woudl have been a threat against teams in the NFL.

i'm not saying Lienhart is a quailty QB, but bottom line you take bush away from that team, and there not on there way to 3 championships. Bush won that game yesterday, he got 5 yards on 3 and 4 that put in the place to go in for the TD. Lienhart can throw, but he is not this great all mighty golden boy that the media is portraying this guy to be.

ScottCase

Benched
Reaction score
Quinn will be a better pro than Leniart - Phil Simms said he would take Quinn b/c he's bigger and more physical.

ND got a bad call in that game - the SC back fumbled outta bounds on about the 2 1/2 and they gave SC the ball in the 1. Also the fullback helped push the QB over the line which I always thought was illegal - if it's not - it should be. I say that b/c it's illegal to "pull" a guy over the line so why is it legal to push??

Derinyar

Reaction score
I always thought the argument that some of the best college teams could beat the worst NFL Teams to be rather ludicrious.

USC will lose some game this year, you can't win every game in the 2nd half.

Lienart will be the top draft pick this year, whether or not he will be worth it in the NFL is an entirely different question. One that I'm not even going to attempt to guess on.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Derinyar said:
I always thought the argument that some of the best college teams could beat the worst NFL Teams to be rather ludicrous.

The Trojans couldn't any NFL team. No way, no how.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
SkinsandTerps said:
The Trojans couldn't any NFL team. No way, no how.

I am not so sure about that one. The NFL used to play the college all star team, until the college team starting winning and they stopped it. I am not saying I think USC could beat any NFL team today, but at the same time, I would give them a chance against the Texans lol

Murph80

Reaction score
ND had two weeks to prepare. They were playing at home where they thought it would be cute not to cut their grass in hopes of slowing USC down. The champs showed why they are champs by converting on 4th and 9 with a 62 yd pass play. ND is not that good. Mich St. beat them at ND.

Oh and by the way I am a Miami fan and not a USC fan. GO CANES!!!!

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
MsCowboy said:
I am not so sure about that one. The NFL used to play the college all star team, until the college team starting winning and they stopped it. I am not saying I think USC could beat any NFL team today, but at the same time, I would give them a chance against the Texans lol

I repeat. There is no way that the Trojans could beat any NFL team. It would be a blowout.

A team of college all-stars ? Maybe. But not against a team on NFL All stars.

Gordon

Reaction score
What a joke.. I'm an ND fan and hate USC but give me a break.

One college game doesn't diagnose how a players professional career will go. If you go back and look at Peyton Manning's career stats in college, I'm sure you'll find similar games, especially at the end of the season, since he tended to choke down the stretch and in the SEC championship. Look at McNabb's, Brady's, Culpepper's college stats and the same thing can be said. Plus, Leinart absolutely ripped ND apart the last 2 years when they had much better defenses then they did this year. He's probably Top 5 NCAA QB's of all time at this point, and he has one pretty average game stat wise and you're ready to throw him under the bus? He's going to be fine.

BTW, Brady Quinn didn't have such a hot game either. Games like this aren't games where you pump your stats up.

And whoever ever mentions an NCAA team beating ANY NFL team just doesn't know what their talking about,