CFZ How did Kellen Moore rise?

coult44

Reaction score
How did KM rise to the point where when he left Dallas he was unemployed for less than 2 hours? How did he manage to accomplish a cult like following of NFL front offices, general managers, and billionaire owners when he never was really successfully competitive in Dallas?

Here is the reason I ask these questions. Eric Bieniemy might be the best OC in the NFL. He is definitely the most consistent and successful.

There are only a few reasons he is not the lead candidate for every head coaching gig that is open, or has been opened for a few years. There are only a couple of them that I will accept as legitimate. It might be that he just doesn’t want to move on. He is doing the same thing that DQ is doing right now and just being the best coordinator in the league. Another one might be that he could know that Andy might be hanging it up and he has been promised the job after Reid leaves.
Either one of those reasons we can accept and should find admirable. Loyalty is hard to find nowadays and he has proven that he’s loyal to the HC as well as the KC organization.

I’m usually not one to bring up the worst reason that this could be. I refuse to be a believer in dumb conspiracies. But we do know that the club of NFL ownership is a good old boy network for sure. There’s no question about that and I hope to God that’s not the reason he is being overlooked every year.

By now, Bieniemy should’ve had the opportunity to be the HC in 12-13 different jobs. The work he did las night should be dissected and used for the development of offensive coaching going forward. It was absolutely phenomenal!!!

rags747

Reaction score
How did KM rise to the point where when he left Dallas he was unemployed for less than 2 hours? How did he manage to accomplish a cult like following of NFL front offices, general managers, and billionaire owners when he never was really successfully competitive in Dallas?

Here is the reason I ask these questions. Eric Bieniemy might be the best OC in the NFL. He is definitely the most consistent and successful.

There are only a few reasons he is not the lead candidate for every head coaching gig that is open, or has been opened for a few years. There are only a couple of them that I will accept as legitimate. It might be that he just doesn’t want to move on. He is doing the same thing that DQ is doing right now and just being the best coordinator in the league. Another one might be that he could know that Andy might be hanging it up and he has been promised the job after Reid leaves.
Either one of those reasons we can accept and should find admirable. Loyalty is hard to find nowadays and he has proven that he’s loyal to the HC as well as the KC organization.

I’m usually not one to bring up the worst reason that this could be. I refuse to be a believer in dumb conspiracies. But we do know that the club of NFL ownership is a good old boy network for sure. There’s no question about that and I hope to God that’s not the reason he is being overlooked every year.

By now, Bieniemy should’ve had the opportunity to be the HC in 12-13 different jobs. The work he did las night should be dissected and used for the development of offensive coaching going forward. It was absolutely phenomenal!!!
Some of Bieniemy’s own guys have blasted him, said it would be a mistake for him to ever be a head coach!

Proof

Reaction score
Everyone knows Andy Reid is the straw that stirs the drink in KC. Now with that said, it hasn't stopped other clipboard holders from getting jobs just for occupying a seat in a winning room.

If he even passed the smell test though, some franchise would have jumped by this point.

And Kellen had the Chargers gig in hand before hand. He and Staley became friends. He was also a tremendous qb in college with limited physical abilities and helped steward some high octane offenses in his time here despite the hiccups

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He rose b/c Jerry took a shine to him. He went from being a player to being an NFL OC. Can't think of that working anywhere...........let alone a Jerry selection.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Coordinators and head coaches are two completely different positions, I think that fact gets lost in the shuffle sometimes. Bienemy might be the best Xs and Os guy in football today for all I know, but that doesn't mean you're qualified to be a head coach. If anything head coaches lose that ability to be the Xs and Os guy a little bit and depend more on their staff to oversee those things. Head coachers are there to build culture, coach the coaching staff, then play offense/defense/ST genius with what time is left over.

As far as Kellen Moore goes the mutual split idea I think was more accurate than we tend to believe. Sounds like he already had a good relationship with Brandon Staley and the interview process was more for paperwork purposes than anything. I completely understand KM being a hot commodity for a OC job. He's not someone I think a team would seriously consider for their HC role at this point, but his resume is very good from his time with Dallas. I have a feeling Kellen Moore is that guy who always has good offenses, but fails hard when he gets his head coaching opportunity.

DFWJC

Reaction score

I don't know the man so anything I'd say would be speculation, but
--A lot of people think Reid is why that offense is great, not Beimeimy. It hurts having a wizard like Reid behind you in that sense because (fair or not) many will doubt how much you really bring to the table.
--Others, after interviewing him and talking to those that know him, don't think he is cut out to be a head coach.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Maybe it was Kellen Moore waiting in the wings to overtake that "next Landry" torch away from him. :laugh:

Our offense was so terrible and they fired Wade and gave the job to Garrett.

The whole Garrett thing was Jerry Jones biggest mistake in Dallas. It’s unbelievable how people still harp about Jimmy and not the decade wasted with Garrett.

CWR

Reaction score

He hasn't left in part because Andy Reid was the one making all the right calls last night.

I dont believe other FOs look at him as a stand alone coordinator. He is instilling Reids system, but the HC is the brains of the operation. At least that is the optics.

BlueStar22

Reaction score

The national media, NFL fans, and even some Cowboys fans convinced themselves that Dak Prescott, who never really had a turnover problem until this year, was the problem.

Reactions: CWR

CWR

Reaction score
Why isn't it reasonable that Reid is the genius behind the Chiefs offense, and that becomes abundantly clear when Bienemy does his interviews?

Andy Reid is awesome with QBs. He got the very best out of guys like Kevin Kolb and Alex Smith. He has a track record. This is just the first time he's had an elite level talent to work with as HC.

CWR

Reaction score
The national media, NFL fans, and even some Cowboys fans convinced themselves that Dak Prescott, who never really had a turnover problem until this year, was the problem.

I knew his turnovers weren't going to stop. He threw into far too many tight windows. The difference last year when they began to shut down our offense was Dak wouldn't commit to those throws. Again I'll repeat it we were awful at yards of separation. Even CD ranked past the top 25. Noah and Gallup were bottom of the league. At that point you can look at talent and scheme. I personally think our talent warranted better results.

Adreme

Reaction score

The Cowboy have had the number 2 offense (to the Chiefs) in the NFL since he took over. That is how he is able to get another coordinator job so quickly. The same is why EB will be able to get another coordinator’s position quickly. EB right now just needs to show it is not Reid/Mahomes and he will be a head coach.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I've heard from a few in the media that he was an elite OC, so it's not all that surprising that others may have the same opinion.