How do other NFL Franchise Fans feel about T.O.?

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
It's pretty clear how Cowboy fans feel about the T.O. situation and the Eagles State of the Union ...has anyone heard comment from any of the other team fandoms.

Here's one from the New Orleen (or New Orleans; or newolrun Saints ) ...

…As a saints fan, i just wanted to say i feel sorry the Eagles and their fans have to go through this crap with Terrell Me-wens. I can understand what yall are going thru cause we went through similar with Kyle Turley and Ricky Williams, only that theirs was on a marginal level compared to the T.O. drama. I think its sad that one player (who happens to be one of the best on the team) puts himself before the rest. I watched that halftime interview with Drew and that was one of the sorriest sights i ever saw. Its really disgusting what he pulling and i hope the eagles have a good season regardless of what that idiot thinks. Oh well good luck this season to you guys. I have mad respect for the Eagles and their organization (except when they play the Saints lol j/p).

http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v126/sonsofkraftybob/nflhelmets.gif
Can you see your team's helmet?

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
I haven't heard from any fans directly but I did hear something on NFL Live yesterday. A similar question was posed and the response was that almost everyone seems to feel, "The Eagles knew what they were getting when they fought for him. They made their bed; now lie in it."

I won't bother to elaborate on my own feelings about the situation :D

ravidubey

Reaction score
Philly is being too smart for their own good right now by shafting Westbrook and taking such a hard stance against Owens-- two very pivotal players. Owens was a buffoon for taking his beef public, but he has a legit beef.

Character police always throw out the "$48 million" figure while immitating a crying TO, but the guy has a point about his abilities in comparison to the other best WR's in the league and what the market value has been set to. No NFL contract should ever be quoted by it's total dollar value because most of that money will never be paid.

Muhammad was paid 10 million up front-- 3 more million than TO, and TO is a better player. He proved he's worth the money if anyone is. You can't trust Philly management to pay you if you do well-- they are poised to cut Westbrook before 2006 after utterly shafting him salary-wise in 2005. TO. Westbrook. Simon. Hmmmm...

I agree with TO-- let Philly rot at WR; it's justice that their #1 guy right now is a rookie. Yeah they can suspend him, but they are the ones who will look like fools after 6 weeks with a 3-3 record.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
ravidubey said:
Philly is being too smart for their own good right now by shafting Westbrook and taking such a hard stance against Owens-- two very pivotal players. Owens was a buffoon for taking his beef public, but he has a legit beef.

Character police always throw out the "$48 million" figure while immitating a crying TO, but the guy has a point about his abilities in comparison to the other best WR's in the league and what the market value has been set to. No NFL contract should ever be quoted by it's total dollar value because most of that money will never be paid.

Muhammad was paid 10 million up front-- 3 more million than TO, and TO is a better player. He proved he's worth the money if anyone is. You can't trust Philly management to pay you if you do well-- they are poised to cut Westbrook before 2006 after utterly shafting him salary-wise in 2005. TO. Westbrook. Simon. Hmmmm...

I agree with TO-- let Philly rot at WR; it's justice that their #1 guy right now is a rookie. Yeah they can suspend him, but they are the ones who will look like fools after 6 weeks with a 3-3 record.

Why is it that TO always has problems? And it always seems to be someone else fault but not TO. He signed his deal wanted out of SF, did not want to go to Balt made a big issue over that. Goes to Philly and now having problems in Philly. If he did not like the deal then don't sign it but asking for a new contract after 1 season NO he does not deserve it he signed it live with it or he can sit his butt down for the season.

ravidubey

Reaction score
In SF he never complained until Jeff Garcia stopped throwing to him. You can check the stats. He wanted out of San Francisco, and in hindsight apparently so did everyone else. He was then shafted by his agent and pigeon-holed as a result of his agents screwup in 2004.

I agree TO is a loudmouth, but he's a loudmouth people pay attention to because he's charismatic and damned dominant on the field. When bad things happen to loudmouths, they get louder!

He wanted to sign the last deal of his career, and was presented with limited choices because of his agent's mistakes. Now the market ahs been established at far more than he's getting. Jerry Porter got as much! That's insane. TO knows he's 31 with limited time left and he believes Philadelphia also wants to win now so he's taking his chances that he'll get paid fairly.

Would I work this way? No, but that's why the world is such an amazing place because there are differences in people, personalities, and passions.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
ravidubey said:
In SF he never complained until Jeff Garcia stopped throwing to him. You can check the stats. He wanted out of San Francisco, and in hindsight apparently so did everyone else. He was then shafted by his agent and pigeon-holed as a result of his agents screwup in 2004.

I agree TO is a loudmouth, but he's a loudmouth people pay attention to because he's charismatic and damned dominant on the field. When bad things happen to loudmouths, they get louder!

He wanted to sign the last deal of his career, and was presented with limited choices because of his agent's mistakes. Now the market ahs been established at far more than he's getting. Jerry Porter got as much! That's insane. TO knows he's 31 with limited time left and he believes Philadelphia also wants to win now so he's taking his chances that he'll get paid fairly.

Would I work this way? No, but that's why the world is such an amazing place because there are differences in people, personalities, and passions.

Come on TO always has some type of problem and to think teams need to make him happy? he is good no doubt but players come and go, the league does not need TO but TO damn sure needs this league. I do agree that someone will go after him if he leaves Philly but I can promise whoever that is will cover their butts before doing so, the guy is a problem and everyone knew it when he left for Philly many of us said it was just a matter of time before something happened we were right on the money!

ravidubey

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
Come on TO always has some type of problem and to think teams need to make him happy? he is good no doubt but players come and go, the league does not need TO but TO damn sure needs this league. I do agree that someone will go after him if he leaves Philly but I can promise whoever that is will cover their butts before doing so, the guy is a problem and everyone knew it when he left for Philly many of us said it was just a matter of time before something happened we were right on the money!

I absolutely agree that a teams would need to cover themselves against TO and his antics. But just by the number of threads (on a non-Eagles board no less) you can see how important fans realize TO is. The league may not need TO specifically, but they need players of TO's calibre and charisma.

And while he seems to be unhappy, let's realize that he was publicly unhappy three times during his ten year career-- once with Garcia, once with his agent, and now with his under-market value contract. Those same situations would have driven Michael Irvin crazy. I remember him saying during his 1992 holdout words to the effect that Troy Aikman was not a leader. Passionate people say bad things during holdouts and WR's tend to be the most passionate of NFL players.

TO wants a contract rider clause that guarantees he'll remain a top paid WR, an offense that gets him the ball, and to play on a contending team.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
ravidubey said:
I absolutely agree that a teams would need to cover themselves against TO and his antics. But just by the number of threads (on a non-Eagles board no less) you can see how important fans realize TO is. The league may not need TO specifically, but they need players of TO's calibre and charisma.

And while he seems to be unhappy, let's realize that he was publicly unhappy three times during his ten year career-- once with Garcia, once with his agent, and now with his under-market value contract. Those same situations would have driven Michael Irvin crazy. I remember him saying during his 1992 holdout words to the effect that Troy Aikman was not a leader. Passionate people say bad things during holdouts and WR's tend to be the most passionate of NFL players.

TO wants a contract rider clause that guarantees he'll remain a top paid WR, an offense that gets him the ball, and to play on a contending team.

I think he has hurt himself in the eyes of many GM and I don't think TO is going to get exactly what he wants, he is good but he is not good enough to put up with his ****, I can promise there are many coaches who do not want anything to do with him as he undermines them. As far as it being 3 times he has been upset well if that is all it was then why is it that many of us knew ahead of time that TO would cause problems even before he inked the deal, I'm clearly not a mind reader I just know how TO is so this has come as no surprise that he is once again being a jerk. I'm damn glad we don't have him, he is just not worth it.

jman

Reaction score
ravidubey said:

Big Freaking Deal!!!!

TO is a whinning little freaking baby...

If he would have just **** and played this year, acting like he did last year, there was a huge bonus coming to him that would have made his two years in Philly worth about $20 million. If $10 million a year isn't enough, I suggest he get a real job...

I can't beleive there is still someone that will take up for this idiot...LOL What a joke!!!!!

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Phoenix-Talon said:
It's pretty clear how Cowboy fans feel about the T.O. situation and the Eagles State of the Union ...has anyone heard comment from any of the other team fandoms.

Here's one from the New Orleen (or New Orleans; or newolrun Saints ) ...

…As a saints fan, i just wanted to say i feel sorry the Eagles and their fans have to go through this crap with Terrell Me-wens. I can understand what yall are going thru cause we went through similar with Kyle Turley and Ricky Williams, only that theirs was on a marginal level compared to the T.O. drama. I think its sad that one player (who happens to be one of the best on the team) puts himself before the rest. I watched that halftime interview with Drew and that was one of the sorriest sights i ever saw. Its really disgusting what he pulling and i hope the eagles have a good season regardless of what that idiot thinks. Oh well good luck this season to you guys. I have mad respect for the Eagles and their organization (except when they play the Saints lol j/p).

http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v126/sonsofkraftybob/nflhelmets.gif
Can you see your team's helmet?
As an NFL player, Owens is a very gifted wide receiver. Throughout his career, he has been an offensive threat anywhere on the field.

As a professional athlete, Owens is a contentious individual, who strives to manipulate his employers after he agrees and signs contracts.

As a person, he is a punk, plain and simple.

Unlike some of my fellow Cowboy fans, I could care less about the Eagles' franchise. In regards to the NFC East, my main (and sole) animosity is always directed at the Commanders--no matter how good or bad they are each year. And that viewpoint is shared with you even after considering the fact that Eagles fans are famous for booing Santa Claus--cheering while Cowboy players are lying motionless and possibly severely injured--and are masters at throwing battery-filled snowballs.