How do we feel about Santonio Holmes?

baj1dallas

Reaction score
Even though I watched a couple Ohio State games this year, I can't really say what I think of Santonio Holmes...I can't really remember seeing anything too exciting I guess.

However it sounds a little bit like he might be "the next Steve Smith". He's under 6", but fast, agile, quick, and has good hands. If he slips, I could see the Cowboys adding him in the first and then looking for LB and OT help later, as there is depth at those spots. If he really is the next Steve Smith, it seems like he'd be good value at 18. What does everybody else think?

joseephuss

Reaction score
I think he is good, but I didn't think he would be a 1st round guy. I keep seeing him projected in the 1st round. I think Dallas could afford to pass on him. They have more pressing needs and even though there is a need at a receiver for the future, they can try and get one outside the 1st round.

MrPhil

Reaction score
My feeling on Holmes is that he is the type of deep threat we definitely need on offense to start scaring people.........BUT, #18 overall needs to be a DAY 1 STARTER for us and I don't see Holmes starting over Key or Terry.

Derinyar

Reaction score
I'd say that drafting a WR when they don't have to be a day one starter is probably a better idea than with most positions. Limiting a WR's snaps early in their career probably limits the mistakes they can make early in their career. So I guess in my mind the question is this, Is Holmes worth the #18?

austintodallas

Consider Yourself Sucked
Reaction score
We should draft a wide receiver as well as a quarterback day one...next year.