How do we get Joe Burrow in here?

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Cincinnati likely gets the #1 pick.

What would it take? We should get a high first rounder, especially if we fail to make the playoffs.

How about we sign Dak Prescott and trade him along with our first and second round picks.

Would Cincy go for that?
Keep Dak with the franchise tag and suck for Thor Lawrence next year. I am not even sure if would draft the LSU quarterback over Chase Young this year. As a matter of fact for our team I would keep Dak and draft Young.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I bet you thought that was clever

What we would be getting is 20x the QB play we are getting now
thats an assumption, look at the past 5-10 years of the high first round draft picks at the QB position.. let me know how many are outplaying Dak by 20times? ill wait but I know the answer....NONE most are not playing better, if anything they are similar or worse..

I cant Remember all the busts there were so many but the next players after busts that are at least a still playing as starters or backups

Winston, Mariotta, Carr, wentz, goff, Mayfield, Bortles, and a handful of TBD rookies from the last 2 drafts? none are better, not 20X better..

theres zero guarantee Burrows is worth investing the better part of 2 drafts to move up and get him, now if we were picking top 3 already sure, but no way hes worth risking 2-3 drafts to go after him...theres no dats arguing otherwise, most of it says its not worth that much of your draft stock..

there are QBs that might slip to us like Tua, Herbert, Hurts etc worth it at the bottom of first or top of 2nd , maybe.as a bridge if we FT dak and have some insurance

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A friend of mine who seen Burrow play for the 1st time Saturday, or I think he did from his texts. (he doesn't follow NCAA much at all) thinks he is a Tony Romo clone.
And we all know how Tony did here, no better than Dak so far. ....DUCKS....

Bengals most likely still think Dalton is their guy though I think they need to get a QB and replace him.
But they may take Chase young from OSU, or I hope they do. Or they trade the pick for multiple picks to a team wanting a QB which I hope not. As that means NY may get Young.

I do not want NY or Washington getting Chase Young.
I hope they both start winning some games to knock themselves down in the draft. Which means they beat the Eagles, which means we still get the division by default.

cheftjpeck

Reaction score
I bet you thought that was clever

What we would be getting is 20x the QB play we are getting now
Not really clever ... factual .. but you keep rewriting history about Romo and making him something he wasn’t ...
he was an excellent QB at times ... but not legendary status ... injuries and inconsistencies hurt his potential ... also before you say it
Poor line play ... poor coaching .. poor defensive teams at times ...

Also before you assume ... I’m not a Dak supporter either ... so I just took away from your normal assumptions , excuses and rants ..

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Not really clever ... factual .. but you keep rewriting history about Romo and making him something he wasn’t ...
he was an excellent QB at times ... but not legendary status ... injuries and inconsistencies hurt his potential ... also before you say it
Poor line play ... poor coaching .. poor defensive teams at times ...

Also before you assume ... I’m not a Dak supporter either ... so I just took away from your normal assumptions , excuses and rants ..
All of that may be true

Him being MILES better than Dak is also true

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
thats an assumption, look at the past 5-10 years of the high first round draft picks at the QB position.. let me know how many are outplaying Dak by 20times? ill wait but I know the answer....NONE most are not playing better, if anything they are similar or worse..

I cant Remember all the busts there were so many but the next players after busts that are at least a still playing as starters or backups

Winston, Mariotta, Carr, wentz, goff, Mayfield, Bortles, and a handful of TBD rookies from the last 2 drafts? none are better, not 20X better..

theres zero guarantee Burrows is worth investing the better part of 2 drafts to move up and get him, now if we were picking top 3 already sure, but no way hes worth risking 2-3 drafts to go after him...theres no dats arguing otherwise, most of it says its not worth that much of your draft stock..

there are QBs that might slip to us like Tua, Herbert, Hurts etc worth it at the bottom of first or top of 2nd , maybe.as a bridge if we FT dak and have some insurance
Andrew Luck, when healthy, was miles better than Dak

Cam Newtons MVP season, miles better than Dak...

need i keep going?

cheftjpeck

Reaction score
All of that may be true

Him being MILES better than Dak is also true
In certain aspects so far,sure .. in others no ... both still have equal amount of championships and Super Bowls ... Stat vs Stat not so much either ( not lifetime as Dak hasn’t played as long )
So your last sentence is inaccurate at best as ones career is over .. the others is just starting .. time will tell

BoysForLife

Reaction score
We dont need a QB

were just like the rams and 49ers we need a complete coaching overhaul

Actually Rams and Niners replaced both QB and coaching over last couple years and it worked out great.

I'd be strongly in favor of us doing the same rather than signing for $40 million a year for Dak
Let a new guy come in and build from scratch with guys he wants.
Like Parcells said, if you want me to cook the meal let me buy the groceries, right?

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
If the Cowboys were to give up that much to get Burrow, then the front office had better make sure that he doesn't become a bust, that they can address the other issues and problems that the team has now that they have given up their draft picks. That they get a coach and OC who actually knows how to call the correct plays and built the best offensive system around Burrow to best fit his skill sets and a head coach that can development or work with a young QB. And Garrett or a coach similar to Garrett who does nothing real important to contribute to wins. As with Garrett he really doesn't actually game plan around an opponents strengths or weaknesses. And just hopes that the talent on the team is enough to win. So, he would rely on Burrow's talents and not actually game plan or build a system to best help out a young QB like Burrow.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
In certain aspects so far,sure .. in others no ... both still have equal amount of championships and Super Bowls ... Stat vs Stat not so much either ( not lifetime as Dak hasn’t played as long )
So your last sentence is inaccurate at best as ones career is over .. the others is just starting .. time will tell
My sentence is 100% accurate. You may not like it, but its true. I can write a whole book listing the ways/reasons Romo was a better QB

cheftjpeck

Reaction score
My sentence is 100% accurate. You may not like it, but its true. I can write a whole book listing my opinions to the ways/reasons Romo was a better QB

I fixed it for you ... go ahead and provide your revisionist history of your opinions .. I’m sure we would all enjoy the book .. I love fiction stories .. so neat

blueblood70

Reaction score

need i keep going?
nope those are way far back

im talking of late and both those guys are injury prone, so from indys perspective he was bust because they never met his potential..

Cam had one great year that it his teams lost more then ours Rivera had THREE winning seasons out of 9 with =Cam...THREE!? the last 4years all bad..MILES lmao, thats your opinion...

NEXT?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hmmmmm........tough one. Assuming an interested party exists, we could trade 3 number 1 picks and throw in Dak.

cheftjpeck

Reaction score
nope those are way far back

im talking of late and both those guys are injury prone, so from indys perspective he was bust because they never met his potential..

Cam had one great year that it his teams lost more then ours Rivera had THREE winning seasons out of 9 with =Cam...THREE!? the last 4years all bad..MILES lmao, thats your opinion...

NEXT?
Now now ... don’t make him provide his book of opinions ... you know ,, today’s society opinions are fact

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
It would probably take losing out, plus at least 2 firsts, 2 seconds and Dak. lol

Considering how much CAP space Dallas has, it would be an interesting idea.

Not paying Dak $35 million would allow them to add a few other pieces in addition to the other money they have and they wouldn't have to pay a QB for 4 or 5 years.

Oh and you better be right about how good he is or the franchise is screwed for 5 years.

erod

Reaction score
Nope, Burrow is approaching legendary status and has guys like Danielson saying he's never seen a QB have a year like this one and Mike Brown needs to get the Cincy fans back in the fold. It's a no lose situation for him, the only way he loses is trading that away.

Burrow is equal to Elway and Manning coming into the draft. I think he could come in first and second in the Heisman voting.

However, if I am Brown, I am hiring Joe Brady away from LSU to come along with him and be my OC. I have never seen any coach have such a profound effect on a player in just one year. Cincy would have to pay him well, LSU pays their DC 2M a year and they're D ain't anything to write home about. They will fight to keep Brady.
Burrow plays similarly to early pre-hurt Romo, only he' bigger than Romo

erod

Reaction score
Hmmmmm........tough one. Assuming an interested party exists, we could trade 3 number 1 picks and throw in Dak.
Might take that to get it done.

I have no doubt Dallas would do what I'm suggesting, but would Cincy? Not so sure. We can offer a starting quarterback, where others can't.

Burrow is special

Supercowboy1986

Reaction score
source.gif

need i keep going?