How do you feel about Chauncey Golston's play so far

cowboyec

Reaction score
i thought going into sunday he's played well for a rookie.
good snaps/bad snaps should be expected.
i liked him at iowa and nothing i've seen to date makes me think he can't be a good pro.

it wasn't that many games ago some folks on here were praising his play for a rookie.

blueblood70

Reaction score
i thought going into sunday he's played well for a rookie.
good snaps/bad snaps should be expected.
i liked him at iowa and nothing i've seen to date makes me think he can't be a good pro.

it wasn't that many games ago some folks on here were praising his play for a rookie.
agree if hes a disappointment to anyone their expectations were far too high..i like the entire class so far..the rookies are rookies so they will develop.

patience

Jarntt

Reaction score
I thought he did pretty well before last week. He is a 4th round rookie who was out with an injury for a big part of the offseason. But from what I saw without watching the game back (which I have no desire to d oat this point) last game he did not hold edge very well at all. Twice that I saw when playing RE and once at LE he completely lost containment last week. Overall, I'm happy with the pick.

Edit: nvm, I just saw teh other thread on this specific topic so this has probably already been addressed

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
As expected. If he's going to stick as a consistent rotational player, it will be as a grunt high-effort hustle type DE.

Aven8

Reaction score
He’s been decent. He’s a very big dude. Ready to have Dlaw back and hopefully he doesn’t get hurt.

dcstar

Reaction score
He's a rookie learning his craft. Give'em a break.

Go Cowboys!

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
With him logging 200 snaps so far this season, how do you feel about his play
220px-Toilet_370x580.jpg

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Gholston flashed the first game or two when he was activated.. but the more he has played the more invisible he has become. He was maybe the worst player on defense last Sunday. Missed tackles, bad angles and was generally easy to block. He may have some talent but the no training camp thing seems to be catching up with him. Not expecting much from him the rest of this year.. but he may be able to go back to flashing once he returns to only having to play 10-12 snaps a game in relief of Lawrence.

starfan1

Reaction score
hes a rookie 4th rounder mot really over excite or over concerned.

Plankton

Reaction score
Golston is a underwhelming athlete for the DE position who has to win with effort and technique. His technique and awareness were god awful last week. He has DT skills in a DE body. His ceiling is being a solid player.

SlammedZero

Reaction score

That's what I was just wondering! I was thinking "Am I crazy or did I see a thread about this already with praise?". This forum seems particularly bi-polar this season. lol

I think he has had a few flashes here and there. He deserves some times to get his NFL feet under him.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
He gets to much playing time.

He was terrible vs Denver. DE 101: contain the edge. Time and again, he got pushed inside and Denver RB’s were off to the races. This is a fixable mistake, though. I’ll be watching for improvement.

quickccc

Reaction score
He's playing like you would expect a rookie 84th pick should play. He is gaining valuable playing time which can't be taught. Give him a full off season to add a few pounds of muscle and by next summer he should be a pretty solid contributor.

Ditto here

Plus put in consideration that he missed all of camp and preseason and start of the season due to injury,
He came in as green and raw than expected, he was given an amount of reps and snaps and a role immediately, so he was completely thrown into the fire.
i expected him to have the growing pains he's going thru as he's so very inexperienced.

Even more so, because of injuries to DLaw and Armstrong, he's being asked to be that much more responsible and step up.
He's active, he keeps both his hands and feet working in uinson. but he's still raw and unpolished, and he's not an established rusher yet.

He'll either end up being another Tyrone Crawford (utility role) ..or (hopefully) another Michael Bennett version, when it's all said and done, imo

starfan1

Reaction score
3rd rounder with no training camp or preseason.

my bad I thought Wright was our 3rd rounder but we had 2 didn't we? nevertheless I'm not too concerned just yet. If I was to be concerned about something it would be my 20 million dollar DE thats still recovering or Gallimore. Gholston is the least of my concerns at the moment