How do you feel the players and coaches feel about our offseason?

fivetwos

Reaction score
What can they actually be thinking??

Best case is what…something along the lines of…..’ok, you all did great this season (where is that line drawn?), so here’s new top of the market contracts for everyone who is up.….’

It may not be that simple, and certainly doesn’t seem to be the best approach.

Whats the flip side? Underachieve again so let our best players and coach walk away?

Not only that….and for the purpose of this discussion, throw out the “all in” crap. Forget it happened. Prior to that, they issued a statement saying they thought they were “close.”

What does that word imply? It means you think you’re good, yet not good enough. It means there’s work to do in order to get better, by your own admission. It doesn’t mean you on the verge of a rebuild. That makes sense based on what the rest of us can see.

Then what do they do?? Sign a 30 something year old LB and little else.

None of it adds up, and no sense can be made of what is going on. Call me negative all you want but it’s much more primed to spiral downward than advance further toward a championship. No one in that building can be encouraged. The potential for finger pointing and locker room chaos is tremendous if they start badly.

It’s shameful because this roster isn’t terrible but those that put themselves in charge don’t have a clue how to actually build a winner, but even more so, can’t understand about culture and player attitudes. They are more concerned with expanding profits and renting out the stayjum…and it’s done publicly. I love it when I’m told that shouldn’t bother me as a football fan.

Personally I think Jerry is losing it quickly and the vindictive part of him is prevailing as he becomes a grumpy old man and doesn’t want to reward anyone with anything, and you never have to talk Stephen into not writing a signing bonus check.

Sorry folks but I don’t see this headed anywhere good. If I’m wrong, and I hope I am, I’ll be here to own it.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
They are all extremely happy with last year and are excited about signing their new big contracts. Why would anyone other than a fan think that last year was anything but a massive success?

Chasing6

Reaction score
Or it leads to a lot of effort.
Playing for a new contract rather in Dallas or another team.

Most people when they know their review is coming up, a few month or so before. They straighten up, and work hard.

I used to joke that some people work their butts off all year long. But have one small screw up right before evaluations and get a bad review because of that.
On the oppose side, there are the slackers for 10 months, then all of a sudden they are a great employee. Get a great review.
Most management sees only what happened recently.

How often have we seen, on all teams, a players has a great contract year, then disappears. So maybe Jerry is onto something here. All players will step up to be better.

Here are the FA's for 2025. 30 players, which is above average of the typical 22 to 26. Though this year it was only around 18. And how many of these players will actually make the team.
So it really is not much higher than usual for FA. Now how many of these are on 1 year deals, not as many as you are making it out to be.
Players in the last year of their contract happens. And if any were extended, fans would whine about that as well. Players in the last year of there contract do not count as a 1 year contract.

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/lists/cowboys-2025-list-free-agents-potential/
Playoff game checks are a scam and only make
more money for the League, Owners and Superstars(marketing deals)

If I am making $2.5M or more ($150,000 per game or more), why would I care to risk injury or shortening my career and off season for $50K per game???

Just wait until the 18th game is added. Next will be adding additional playoff games.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Or it leads to a lot of effort.
Playing for a new contract rather in Dallas or another team.

Most people when they know their review is coming up, a few month or so before. They straighten up, and work hard.

I used to joke that some people work their butts off all year long. But have one small screw up right before evaluations and get a bad review because of that.
On the oppose side, there are the slackers for 10 months, then all of a sudden they are a great employee. Get a great review.
Most management sees only what happened recently.

How often have we seen, on all teams, a players has a great contract year, then disappears. So maybe Jerry is onto something here. All players will step up to be better.

Here are the FA's for 2025. 30 players, which is above average of the typical 22 to 26. Though this year it was only around 18. And how many of these players will actually make the team.
So it really is not much higher than usual for FA. Now how many of these are on 1 year deals, not as many as you are making it out to be.
Players in the last year of their contract happens. And if any were extended, fans would whine about that as well. Players in the last year of there contract do not count as a 1 year contract.

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/lists/cowboys-2025-list-free-agents-potential/
It seems you whine alot about fans whining alot.
You may actually whine more about whining than the average whining fan whines....lol
"How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck would chuck wood...."

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Playoff game checks are a scam and only make
more money for the League, Owners and Superstars(marketing deals)

If I am making $2.5M or more ($150,000 per game or more), why would I care to risk injury or shortening my career and off season for $50K per game???

Just wait until the 18th game is added. Next will be adding additional playoff games.
I do not concern myself with all of that. I can’t control it. So not wasting my time or energy on it.
That is up to the players and teams and the NFL.

I don’t know why so many get so upset over it. But I am sure they have their own thoughts and reasons.

I would love an 18th game actually. It adds excitement for the fans. Especially teams on the verge of making the playoffs. As if they are getting hot, and one more win gets them in. Just as team one more loss eliminates them.
I can be as exciting as frustrated. Just think a fan of a team, loses that 18th game, they would be angry as only 17 games they were in. And the opposite for the fans that do get in. All of a sudden they make the playoffs and now love the 18th game.

It has always been money over player safety. Since the beginning of any sport. However when they say player safety it has always been more about concussions. As broken bones and torn soft tissue areas will always happen regardless of how many games played.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It seems you whine alot about fans whining alot.
You may actually whine more about whining than the average whining fan whines....lol
"How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck would chuck wood...."
Are you not whining now? Yes, yes you are.
I am not whining about it, I am just telling the truth?
Can’t you handle the truth?

Here is a truthful example. After every win last year, there were more fans whining about it, because it was not perfect. Or how the other team lost it, not Dallas winning it.
True fact. And you know it.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I do not concern myself with all of that. I can’t control it. So not wasting my time or energy on it.
That is up to the players and teams and the NFL.

I don’t know why so many get so upset over it. But I am sure they have their own thoughts and reasons.

I would love an 18th game actually. It adds excitement for the fans. Especially teams on the verge of making the playoffs. As if they are getting hot, and one more win gets them in. Just as team one more loss eliminates them.
I can be as exciting as frustrated. Just think a fan of a team, loses that 18th game, they would be angry as only 17 games they were in. And the opposite for the fans that do get in. All of a sudden they make the playoffs and now love the 18th game.

It has always been money over player safety. Since the beginning of any sport. However when they say player safety it has always been more about concussions. As broken bones and torn soft tissue areas will always happen regardless of how many games played.
The more games you play the more exposure to injury.

Pretty much all historical single season records are now meaningless.

The more games you play separates the good from the bad teams, so not sure if it will extend playoff aspirations for anyone. It should help elimated sub .500 teams from making the playoffs.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The more games you play the more exposure to injury.

Pretty much all historical single season records are now meaningless.

The more games you play separates the good from the bad teams, so not sure if it will extend playoff aspirations for anyone. It should help elimated sub .500 teams from making the playoffs.
So just go back to 12 games then.

Players are in much better shape now. It is a year around job to keep in shape. You know, the best shape of their life type thing.
So tell us what is the cutoff point of where it becomes more risky for injuries.

I am sure they may add another playoff game at some point. As that eliminates a team getting a bye week.

How many times a week do 90% of the population get in a car for work or school. Or take a bus or train. So eliminate some of that transportation to eliminate risk of accidents. Let’s reduce flights also oh, wait then they need to use ground transportation more.

Chasing6

Reaction score

Players are in much better shape now. It is a year around job to keep in shape. You know, the best shape of their life type thing.
So tell us what is the cutoff point of where it becomes more risky for injuries.

I am sure they may add another playoff game at some point. As that eliminates a team getting a bye week.

How many times a week do 90% of the population get in a car for work or school. Or take a bus or train. So eliminate some of that transportation to eliminate risk of accidents. Let’s reduce flights also oh, wait then they need to use ground transportation more.
Planes are safer than cars, so why would you do that?

RoboQB

Reaction score
Are you not whining now? Yes, yes you are.
I am not whining about it, I am just telling the truth?
Can’t you handle the truth?

Here is a truthful example. After every win last year, there were more fans whining about it, because it was not perfect. Or how the other team lost it, not Dallas winning it.
True fact. And you know it.
No. I'm not whining. I'm laughing. You could've laughed as well, but instead chose to base an entire following on this tiny little message board where 50 people chat regularly.

Pretty sure the only win that was factually "whined" about was against Detroit. Either way, lighten up dude. None of this is important.

Chasing6

Reaction score
No. I'm not whining. I'm laughing. You could've laughed as well, but instead chose to base an entire following on this tiny little message board where 50 people chat regularly.

Pretty sure the only win that was factually "whined" about was against Detroit. Either way, lighten up dude. None of this is important.
Detroit Coach is an idiot.

sbark

Reaction score
"Collect my check and get the heck out of Dodge."
- every coach and player on a one year remaining deal
Brings back memories of Dak's going on vacation tic toc video...

All good humor has its roots in the truth

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Players in all sports say it always helps their morale when the front office works hard at making trades and free agent signings to get better.

I cannot imagine Cowboys players going into this season feeling like their front office went “all in”. With the HC on the last year of his contract, it sets up to put undue pressure on the players and coaches that rarely works. Jerry says he’s “comfortable with ambiguity” which is good in business situations but it is NOT good with sports teams.
How can any player be motivated to do well other than to set their family up for success

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It is all about maximizing the bag. These guys don't care about wining playoff games and the certainly don't care about what the team is doing in the off season.
It's blatantly obvious that it's all the care about, they're losing you have guys laughing and stuff, probably worried about their new gold chain coming in the next day or their 2026 benz

Chasing6

Reaction score
It is all about maximizing the bag. These guys don't care about wining playoff games and the certainly don't care about what the team is doing in the off season.
Well winning playoff games does actually increase the bag.

Buzzbait

Reaction score

I'm "all in" for that 18 games. :flagwave:
For the kind of money they make, let 'em earn some of it. The season always seems too short anyway.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The Cowboys organization is mired in a situation where they're solely dependent upon the draft to find success. Their players are surely aware of the fact that no NFL team can find success by adopting a policy of signing tier 3 players for their free agency signings.

That, alone, would surely tend to be just cause the players to have a pessimistic outlook for their chances of finding success.

Yet this team's FO expects them to magically provide their best efforts to be legitimate contenders? That can't offer a likely scenario to produce a contending team. In no way, will that be likely to work out well, my friends!

Last edited:

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
How do you feel our players feel about our lack luster off season? Players and coaches on 1 year deals, minimal signings in free agency, losing players to free agency. Do you feel that these guys are upset about this, can they truly be ready to play a season knowing that we didn't go all in as we could have in the off season? I don't mean all in like spend ridiculous amounts of money, but at least attempt to bring in talent. Please give your thoughts on this....
Let's put it this way....Will be really easy for the players to quit on this administration.....since the administration already quit on the players. Players are still gonna get paid....so why should they care? Your going to see a bunch of guys making "business" decisions to lookout for themselves this season. It could get really ugly around here this year. Alot of selfish attitudes.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Let's put it this way....Will be really easy for the players to quit on this administration.....since the administration already quit on the players. Players are still gonna get paid....so why should they care? Your going to see a bunch of guys making "business" decisions to lookout for themselves this season. It could get really ugly around here this year. Alot of selfish attitudes.
Agreed