How do you know it's the off-season on CowboysZone?

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For me, it's ..

5) A thread comes out of nowhere to entertain the masses though well beyond the original topic (see Brian Adams thread).

4) A hypothetical thread turns into a serious debate among a few users and refuses to die (the thread, not the users).

3) The moderators have a week long discussion about something that was nothing but it becomes something until it turns into nothing and is forgotten.

2) A few users get benched or have posts deleted, then say they are done with the site for good, though "for good" turns out to mean until something interesting happens to the Cowboys.

1) The Commanders claim their annual off-season championship trophy!

How do you know it's the off-season?

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
I think the off-season, from when we were eliminated to now - has been a tough one this year for all of us.
Plenty of threads started about one topic have dissolved into in-fighting amongst members over seemingly trivial things, that have gone on and on.
Have noticed more arguments between members than I can ever remember.
Cumulative effect of bad year, plenty frustrations. Hopefully it wont continue too long. OTA's next week baby !

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
For me, it's ..

5) A thread comes out of nowhere to entertain the masses though well beyond the original topic (see Brian Adams thread).

4) A hypothetical thread turns into a serious debate among a few users and refuses to die (the thread, not the users).

3) The moderators have a week long discussion about something that was nothing but it becomes something until it turns into nothing and is forgotten.

2) A few users get benched or have posts deleted, then say they are done with the site for good, though "for good" turns out to mean until something interesting happens to the Cowboys.

I know it's the offseason when I am so bored that I open a thread called "How do you know it's the off-season on Cowboys Zone?"...:)

Last edited:

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
You know it's the offseason when a half cut shirt dominates the uniform debate.

BTW - the team should simply target their consumer, make those shirts pink and increase the game day experience at the stadium. :)

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
When someone makes a thread about how fat Romo is. Hasn't happened yet so I can only assume we're in preseason.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I know it is the off season when we spend month talking about the upcoming draft then the rest of the time slamming Jerry over the draft because my guy was not picked.
I know if is the offseason when any positive news story ends up being slammed and any negative stories is viewed as hardcore facts.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
A typical sign of the offseason is a repeat of the same threads we see every offseason such as who should be in the ROH. The same topics get beaten to death because everyone is bored and can't come up with anything creative. Once we start entering June the "Romo looks fat" threads start up.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
A typical sign of the offseason is a repeat of the same threads we see every offseason such as who should be in the ROH. The same topics get beaten to death because everyone is bored and can't come up with anything creative. Once we start entering June the "Romo looks fat" threads start up.

I saw Tony recently

the_h0wey

Reaction score
For me, it's ..

I pretend to be interested in Baseball until Training Camp starts.

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
I'm like the Marsh family from South Park , without Internet. Except for me, its Football, particularly the Cowboys.....Just wondering around aimlessly with no purpose...

"I hear there some Internet out in Caleeefornya....headed out that way.............."

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
For me, it's ..

I don't think this could be topped.......LMAO!

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score
For me, it's ..

#4 that you mentioned is huge.
Especially last year with AD. I was on the AD train though :) Happy as hell with Zeke now!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I saw Tony recently

Speaking of weight and I don't mean "fat" has anyone seen video of Colin Kaepernick lately? He looks like a string bean! He appears to have lost a lot of weight his arms look like toothpicks. Either he's sick or he's given up working out and lifting weights. I couldn't believe how skinny he looked during one of the 49ers OTA's.

Kaepernick-skinny-muscle-04-25-16.jpg

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Speaking of weight and I don't mean "fat" has anyone seen video of Colin Kaepernick lately? He looks like a string bean! He appears to have lost a lot of weight his arms look like toothpicks. Either he's sick or he's given up working out and lifting weights. I couldn't believe how skinny he looked during one of the 49ers OTA's.

Kaepernick-skinny-muscle-04-25-16.jpg

Might be the meth. lol

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Seriously, he didn't look well he was so thin his biceps were gone.

I agree, does not look like he has been putting in the work. I don't know, I would expect a guy who was benched to be working his tail off to win a starting job.