How does all this crap get out?

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Who the heck keeps leaking private meetings to the media to begin with? There have been A LOT of leaks coming from the Cowboys locker room lately, we basically had hour to hour coverage of Romo's pinkie but I've heard almost squat about Tom Brady's knee since he went out.

Shouldn't Jerry and Co be trying to figure out who the snitch is?

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
TheCount;2482456 said:
Who the heck keeps leaking private meetings to the media to begin with? There have been A LOT of leaks coming from the Cowboys locker room lately, we basically had hour to hour coverage of Romo's pinkie but I've heard almost squat about Tom Brady's knee since he went out.

Jerry loves this stuff. it keeps his team in the spotlight

el_chevo

El Serrano
Reaction score
Rampage;2482458 said:
That and Jerry has some employees who are money-hungry worthless bottom feeding ***clowns that will do anything for money...

Boysboy

Reaction score
Rampage;2482458 said:

So he hires a snitch?

Really-I'm not surprised. He's funding his new stadium, so I guess more publicity = $$$$.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
I blame Ellis.

After TO trashed Emmitt and said Ellis got a txt from Emmitt, Ellis leaked some media info.

khiladi

Reaction score
TheCount;2482456 said:

Because Tom Brady was put on injured reserve and his status is no longer relevant to the team... When he was originally injured, there was a lot of talk. And there was some talk when he was getting an infection...

Big Dakota

Reaction score
TheCount;2482456 said:

Some of the "sources" i would expect are just local media guys. Some are probably players and or members of the staff(coaches or scouts/management) and guys like Ed W will never give up their sources, whether they are "insiders" and very reliable they are "outsiders" and not very reliable. I'm too old and too cynical to think teams don't have stoolies.

SacredStar

Reaction score
Boysboy;2482463 said:
So he hires a snitch?

Really-I'm not surprised. He's funding his new stadium, so I guess more publicity = $$$$.

This is bad publicity though. That should equal less money.

This stuff probably happens to all teams, but when it's Dallas, it's a big deal.

At least people want to make it that way.

khiladi

Reaction score
TheCount;2482456 said:

Here ins Washington, Portis flat-out took shots at Zorn on the John Thompson show, stated that the coaching was pretty much inept.. I believe also was a player's only meeting in light of all this... I mean, he flat-out said the coaching staff wwould call a play that didn't have Portis block, but go on a pass play, and when Campbell would get sacked, the coaching staff would ask why he didn't block the man who sacked Campbell. He said things quite frankly that were more of an attack on the coaching staff than TOs alleged attack of Jason garrett...

You didn't here much of this on ESPN, despite Portis being a candidate for MVP...

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
My money's on Bobby Carpenter. He's Romo's buddy, and he was in Bristol this week doing some TV stuff.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
CowboyWay;2482480 said:
My money's on Bobby Carpenter. He's Romo's buddy, and he was in Bristol this week doing some TV stuff.

Bobby is quickly becoming my Newman!

helllo--newman_170x208.jpg

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
I think Newman would be a better linebacker though.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Its funny...

Right after TO says that Key and Emmitt should have a show called "dumb and dumber"

Whammo!!!
Blockbuster story from ESPN.

hmmmmmmmmmmmm........ :laugh2:

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
YoMick;2482639 said:
Its funny...

Right after TO says that Key and Emmitt should have a show called "dumb and dumber"

Whammo!!!
Blockbuster story from ESPN.

hmmmmmmmmmmmm........ :laugh2:

Yeah and from the reporter that TO has been punking all year...

Ain't it funny how some are so quick believe the worst?

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
5Countem5;2482644 said:
Yeah and from the reporter that TO has been punking all year...

Ain't it funny how some are so quick believe the worst?

2 things
  1. The media controls alot of people minds and molds their thoughts (oh I know EVERYONE will claim otherwise but it is what it is)
  2. Like you said, "some are so quick to believe the worst" - well when they WANT to believe or its fits their AGENDA then what do you expect
I want facts.... not "Inquiring Minds want to know" nonsense

JordanTaber

Benched
Reaction score
These "leaks" don't exist. They're whatever sensationalist quotes Werder can conjure in his mind for his "anonymous sources."

HE should apply for a job at ProFootballTalk.com.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
TheCount;2482456 said:

what got out? so what, some guys met with their offensive coach.

the problem is somebody in the media greatly exaggerated something (because they clearly have an axe to grind) and a bunch of you guys got fleeced again.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
dbair1967;2482665 said:
what got out? so what, some guys met with their offensive coach.

the problem is somebody in the media greatly exaggerated something (because they clearly have an axe to grind) and a bunch of you guys got fleeced again.
I guess that was a TO look alike that gave Deion Sanders an interview. Or that questioned his QB after the game on Sunday.

You're much to smart, David, to not realize what a detriment TO is to the team. I suspect you do, but like a lot of fans, know what a talent TO is and hate to give up on him.

He's a million dollar talent with 10 cents of character. You've seen some of his half-hearted blocking, his quitting on routes, his shortarming catches across the middle. I don't see how anyone can blame Romo for not throwing to him, after he quit on the pass that Polamalu picked, or made little effort to stop Ike Taylor on the 2nd pick.

He's not a team player, and most of the people here know it, whether or not they want to admit it. Can you envision TO pointing to himself after a game-losing interception the way Witten did? No, you can't.

I don't care for the circus any more than you do, but none of this happens if TO kept his mouth shut. Which he can't, which is why Dallas was the only team pursuing him 3 years ago when he was an unrestricted FA.