How does Garrett replace Wade. What circumstance?

RxMan

Reaction score
This is probably a moot point since he is more than likely headed to Baltimore. BUT....if he stays. Under what scenario does he replace Phillips? I can't see a situation which warrants Wade being removed yet doesn't cast any doubt on Garrett. Maybe the offense plays well, but we lose in the playoffs again? I don't know. If the HC fails then the OC has more than likely failed as well.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
When we go 8-8 under the dim witted Phillips next year, Garrett leads the team on the field in the new stadium in 09. Its simple.

RxMan

Reaction score
parcells316;1906670 said:
When we go 8-8 under the dim witted Phillips next year, Garrett leads the team on the field in the new stadium in 09. Its simple.

We go 8-8 and none of the blame lies on Garrett? 8-8 means the offense stuggled. He has no Parcells 'holding him back' in play calling. We go 8-8 and Garrett is suddenly the answer?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
RxMan;1906681 said:
We go 8-8 and none of the blame lies on Garrett? 8-8 means the offense stuggled. He has no Parcells 'holding him back' in play calling. We go 8-8 and Garrett is suddenly the answer?
Dude, the defense made two huge stops to give the offense a chance to win the game and the offense blew it. You can't get any more direct a comparison than that between the coaches. Wade did his part and Garrett's offense failed. Yet there are idiots out there crying for Garrett over Wade right now.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
Jerry loves Jason Garrett. He likes Wade Phillips. he would only need an opening to make JG the next Head Coach. Whether that's a mediocre record next year, or another 1 and done playoff, it doesn't matter.

RxMan

Reaction score
If that is the case then JJ should fire Wade right now and use the 1 and done as the excuse and keep his guy.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
RxMan;1906701 said:
If that is the case then JJ should fire Wade right now and use the 1 and done as the excuse and keep his guy.
I'd be all for it.

kbman

Reaction score
theogt;1906690 said:
Dude, the defense made two huge stops to give the offense a chance to win the game and the offense blew it. You can't get any more direct a comparison than that between the coaches. Wade did his part and Garrett's offense failed. Yet there are idiots out there crying for Garrett over Wade right now.

Could you imagine if the defense didn't make the stops.:eek: Everyone would be saying Romo would have won the game, me included. And Garrett would be the brains behind it all. Well they did make the stops. 2 times. So now we don't have to wonder what Garrett would have done.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
theogt;1906690 said:

So, Wade is suddenly DC? And Wade did his part?:rolleyes:
And Garrett, whose offense largely carried our inconsistent defense this year is suddenly the goat? So where was "Wade's defense" the whole year?
Dude, get over your man crush on Wade.
I would take Garrett over Wade the retread in a heartbeat.
You obviously think Wade is the future, when, in fact, he was put in a great position with the personnel Jerra-man boobs had in place.
I guess if and when Wade lays another egg in the early playoffs and he's 0-5 you'll still be his most ardent supporter.
I am for cutting the losses, stanching the flow of blood and moving on to the future.
With Jason, not Wade.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;1906841 said:
So, Wade is suddenly DC? And Wade did his part?:rolleyes:
And Garrett, whose offense largely carried our inconsistent defense this year is suddenly the goat? So where was "Wade's defense" the whole year?
Dude, get over your man crush on Wade.
I would take Garrett over Wade the retread in a heartbeat.
You obviously think Wade is the future, when, in fact, he was put in a great position with the personnel Jerra-man boobs had in place.
I guess if and when Wade lays another egg in the early playoffs and he's 0-5 you'll still be his most ardent supporter.
I am for cutting the losses, stanching the flow of blood and moving on to the future.
With Jason, not Wade.
Right on. Wade is 60, JG is 41. Should have hired him in the first place.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Honestly, I think that if JJ can't keep Garrett from leaving to Baltimore due to the notion that he wants to be a head coach, I seriously believe that JJ will let WP go.

It all goes back to the statement that he didn't do all the things he did for him just to have him leave after a year.

RxMan

Reaction score
Riddle me this. If Wade is out and Garrett is in. Who runs the D?
Dom Capers?