How does the ref call that down by contact? Furthermore, how does Mcarthy not challenge?

J12B

Reaction score
That stupid ref comes in late after we recovered the fumble and rules down by contact. Why not let it play out and let New York decide?

And why doesn't Mike throw the challenge flag there, worst case scenario a timeout is lost.

Could have been a momentum shifter being down just 7-0.

Granted I don't see it changing anything with how everyone played today, but still.

It was frustrating to know that the was a missed turnover.

Terrible job by our Mickey Mouse coach.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
That stupid ref comes in late after we recovered the fumble and rules down by contact. Why not let it play out and let New York decide?

And why doesn't Mike throw the challenge flag there, worst case scenario a timeout is lost.

Granted I don't see it changing anything with how everyone played today, but still.

blame belongs to those in the booth who saw the replay that should have let McCarthy know...

Praxit

Reaction score
..play was to fast. It was bang, bang.

I also thought, knee was down.

I dont know if Dallas coaches can review upstairs.

And dont know if they keep MM in real time about replays.

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
yea i was really confused by that one. someone should've been in his ear to challenge that

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
How bout the player that caused the fumble signaling to challenge the play? Wilson isn’t the sharpest tool in the shed.
Spot on. Nobody was able to see replay before a play was run. The player should have been letting McCarthy know. Maybe Wilson didn’t know it was fumbled…not sure. I still think with the situation being what it was, McCarthy should have thrown the flag. At worst, he loses a TO and a challenge.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
McCarthy doesn't see the slo-mo replays we do. Whoever is up in the booth needs to buzz him about that and they failed.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Bell forced the fumble. Wilson recovered it so he had no clue about if it was a fumble or not. The tell was the Bills running up to call a quick play. It was on MM.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

They didn't show the replay fast enough. Honestly if i'm the coach I see how Kincade and Wilson reacted and seeing the Bills rush to snap I would've challenged it especially since its the 1st half. I don't care if I lose a challenge or a timeout in the 1st half.

Not sure if head coaches in the NFL take this approach.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Bell forced the fumble. Wilson recovered it so he had no clue about if it was a fumble or not. The tell was the Bills running up to call a quick play. It was on MM.
I mean even if he didn't know....I don't get the fear of losing a challenge or a timeout in the 1st half. I get you only have 1 challenge left but I mean how many challenges do these guys even use a game? I can't recall using 2 challenges.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I mean even if he didn't know....I don't get the fear of losing a challenge or a timeout in the 1st half. I get you only have 1 challenge left but I mean how many challenges do these guys even use a game? I can't recall using 2 challenges.
Totally agree that was a game changing turnover. Love MM but he was out to lunch today.

Proof

Reaction score
They didn't show the replay fast enough. Honestly if i'm the coach I see how Kincade and Wilson reacted and seeing the Bills rush to snap I would've challenged it especially since its the 1st half. I don't care if I lose a challenge or a timeout in the 1st half.

Not sure if head coaches in the NFL take this approach.
pretty much. if nothing else call a to