How frustrated is Terrell Owens?

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
Last week it was a play where the ball sailed just outside of Owens' reach. Had it been on target, he has a possible touchdown.

Today, he has solid position on the coverage, but again, ball is too far to the inside and he can't make a play on it (gets INT'd). Or he beats the coverage deep, but the pass goes about 10 yards over his head and straight out of bounds.

What I see is a guy making the effort, doing his part, getting himself into the best possible position to make a play and help the team but the ball just is not there. What can he do? That has to be so so frustrating... Seriously, what can he do?

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I'm sure he's extremely frustrated cause there are plays to be made out there that are not being made because the QBs who've been playing can't throw worth a crap.

Royal Laegotti

Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!
Reaction score
I'm actually pleased that T.O. hasn't had a total meltdown.........yet!

SacredStar

Reaction score
He didn't sound frustrated in his post game interview.

He actually sounded grounded and optimistic.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He can shut up and continue playing his best football. That's what he can do. He is one of the best wide receivers in the game today, but he's still just a player on this roster. For this team to play it's best, everyone, Owens included, will have to play at their highest level. Even if every one of his teammates are playing like crap, it does not give him the excuse to play below the level he is capable of playing.

Mansta54

Reaction score
EPL0c0;2394091 said:
Last week it was a play where the ball sailed just outside of Owens' reach. Had it been on target, he has a possible touchdown.

Today, he has solid position on the coverage, but again, ball is too far to the inside and he can't make a play on it (gets INT'd). Or he beats the coverage deep, but the pass goes about 10 yards over his head and straight out of bounds.

What I see is a guy making the effort, doing his part, getting himself into the best possible position to make a play and help the team but the ball just is not there. What can he do? That has to be so so frustrating... Seriously, what can he do?

Wait until Romo comes back, he knows help is coming. He's handling it well tho...

Mansta54

Reaction score
DallasEast;2394110 said:
He can shut up and continue playing his best football. That's what he can do. He is one of the best wide receivers in the game today, but he's still just a player on this roster. For this team to play it's best, everyone, Owens included, will have to play at their highest level. Even if every one of his teammates are playing like crap, it does not give him the excuse to play below the level he is capable of playing.

What has he said that he needs to shut up about. Is that really needed. I mean really, cmon dude!!!

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
On the OT, the Fox guys were saying he was handling the situation very well and that it is clear, the press are trying to bait him. Jimmy said that Terrell was right, an audience member could have played better QB than Johnson and Bollinger :laugh1:

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Yeah this team should be worried about whether he is frustrated or not.

For all the times the qb's have missed him he has not broken tackles, fumbled and dropped passes.

These losses are not on him, but he is part of them. Today they ran one of those magic routes everyone talks about the slant.....one was a pick and one was a fumble. Both contributed greatly to the loss.

But I love the magic route theory.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
EPL0c0;2394091 said:
What can he do? That has to be so so frustrating... Seriously, what can he do?

For starters, he can hold onto the ball after he makes a catch in the red zone.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
He's being very mature esp in light of how he's been treated in the past and how he keeps getting the same baiting questions over and over. Are they asking Witten if he's frustrated? Or Williams? Or anybody else on the team? No. They go after him because he used to be brutally honest and just not PC. He's learned. He told them he wouldn't answer the question because they would paste him for it. Loved the "can you play QB because if you can we will play for you!". I was kinda proud of him although that does sorta throw the QBs under the bus.

mmohican29

Reaction score
he can do better with the few opportunities he got. he can hold onto a ball on third down in the redzone and then not fumble it like he did today, adding to our overall miserable performance.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
theebs;2394149 said:
Yeah this team should be worried about whether he is frustrated or not.

For all the times the qb's have missed him he has not broken tackles, fumbled and dropped passes.

These losses are not on him, but he is part of them. Today they ran one of those magic routes everyone talks about the slant.....one was a pick and one was a fumble. Both contributed greatly to the loss.

But I love the magic route theory.

The one that was picked doesn't get picked if it's Romo in the game cause the ball would be to Owens and not to Andre The Giant.

As for the fumble I'm not sure but I feel pretty confident that even Jerry Rice and Michael Irvin fumbled once in a while.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2394219 said:
The one that was picked doesn't get picked if it's Romo in the game cause the ball would be to Owens and not to Andre The Giant.

As for the fumble I'm not sure but I feel pretty confident that even Jerry Rice and Michael Irvin fumbled once in a while.

especially when forward progress is stopped, and one other guy is using both hands to rip the ball from you, basically nobody could have held on in that case. then again, that fumble had little to do with the result given we intercepted for a TD.

StylisticS

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;2394144 said:
On the OT, the Fox guys were saying he was handling the situation very well and that it is clear, the press are trying to bait him. Jimmy said that Terrell was right, an audience member could have played better QB than Johnson and Bollinger :laugh1:

Yeah I seen that and was pretty please to hear them compliment on the way TO has responded and how he has responded. Was glad to hear Jimmy and Terry tell it like it is in that the media tries to bait him into something. Than as soon as they went off, I mercivly turned to ESPN and Tom Jackson was discussing the same thing. He was saying that TO may be maturing before our eyes.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mansta54;2394134 said:
What has he said that he needs to shut up about. Is that really needed. I mean really, cmon dude!!!
The OP asked, "What can he do? That has to be so so frustrating... Seriously, what can he do?"

I gave my opinion about what he can do. Where did I say anything about what he could have done? Please point that out.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
StylisticS;2394265 said:
Yeah I seen that and was pretty please to hear them compliment on the way TO has responded and how he has responded. Was glad to hear Jimmy and Terry tell it like it is in that the media tries to bait him into something. Than as soon as they went off, I turned to ESPN and Tom Jackson was discussing the same thing. He was saying that TO may be maturing before our eyes.

No way? Jackson actually tried to admit that Owens isn't going to give them the 'ending to the story that he's already read'?

Shocking.