How Good is the OL If Fully Healthy?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Guilty as charged, I can't help but to apply logic.
That's OK because he's applying his own logic. He believes that it's the O stars that have built him empire and I cannot argue that. Any Dallas home crowd is bent toward the offensive and they like stars.

And it is not just the Cowboys. That's the reason Hicks paid Rodriguez 250M and Cuban made sure he kept Nowitski and Nash as long as he could, Dallas is definitely stars town.

We might blame Booger for the lack of trophies over the last 25 seasons but we cannot fault him for the lack of stars. Is his goal to win another ring or continue to lead the sports world in attention, ratings and revenue?

That's why Pitts would never make it past 10 if he made it that far. That would be stealing thunder in the NFL. The Bucs won a ring and the Chiefs have been there back to back and neither will top the Cowboys in attention, interest and ratings. He is the king of the mountain and assured himself he'd stay there with signing his QB. Hell, he loves it that he's making 40M, more attention for Booger.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
does anyone know what kind of surgery Collins had on his hip?

Was it a replacement?

or a torn cartilage repair/removal?

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That's a big if. Our OL hasn't been top 5 since 2016. And Frederick and Leary are replaced by who? And some of our better guys are 5 years older.

So IMO even at full strength I'd say they're top 15 at best. Then again, if our C and LG somehow become really good, that changes everything.

top 15? Get outta here

links18

Reaction score
It doesn't matter, because they will never be "fully healthy." This is football, expect injuries.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Do sure why you're limiting if all healthy. We have top tackles (for all intents and purposes 2 x 1st rounders) and the best RG in the NFL.

When Frederick was here his final year we werent even top 5. To expect Collins, Smith, and Martin to make it through an entire year is really pushing it. Biadasz I like, but he is still only a 2nd year guy. Williams is a JAG.

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
They REALLY need to replace Williams at LG... I'm tired of my QB having to play dosie dough in the pocket because he's getting pushed back.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
A lot of people are focusing on the health of the OL, but I want to take this a different direction. Let’s say every OL on the team, including depth players, is healthy. How good is our OL?

Not as good as many here will think. Without going through 6 pages I'll bet there are plenty of "top 5" predictions.

Fredbeard's replacement hasn't risen to his level, Williams is still "meh" at guard, and everyone else is older. More like top 15.