How high will we draft a QB in this draft?

cnuball21

Reaction score
It looks like we’re going to let Dak walk after next season which is dumb…what’s more dumb is we aren’t just selling the farm now to get a QB.

We won’t take a QB early…but if we can land Rattler I think he has the most upside outside of round 1.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
The whole team would be pissed off.
why, half of them don't like the fake leader? I bet their family member would be celebrating like we won a Super Bowl, but it would hurt me to not see the choker on the team. I'd almost give up watching if my dak wasn't on the team. I'd give up my 5 decades of watching the team because of it. I know you would too.

Jayinem

Reaction score
We already wasted a 4th. You want to waste another pick?
Yes absolutely but drafting a QB is not a waste. The Patriots would often draft QBs while they had Brady, the 49ers kept drafting QBs until they hit on one. Even after they made the SB they drafted Lance and gave up a bunch of picks to move up for him, and even after that even though it was the last pick in the draft they drafted Purdy. This is what some of the best franchises do. We should be trying until we hit on one.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Yes absolutely but drafting a QB is not a waste. The Patriots would often draft QBs while they had Brady, the 49ers kept drafting QBs until they hit on one. Even after they made the SB they drafted Lance and gave up a bunch of picks to move up for him, and even after that even though it was the last pick in the draft they drafted Purdy. This is what some of the best franchises do. We should be trying until we hit on one.
If Trance got little to no reps last year how is a 4th QB going to get reps this year?

rambo2

Reaction score
why, half of them don't like the fake leader? I bet their family member would be celebrating like we won a Super Bowl, but it would hurt me to not see the choker on the team. I'd almost give up watching if my dak wasn't on the team. I'd give up my 5 decades of watching the team because of it. I know you would too.
I can't help you with that kind of knowledge.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Zero chance.

This Front Office’s #1 priority is not getting better; it’s justifying the decisions of the Jones family. Jerry foolishly overpaid for Trey Lance so Lance will get every chance to prove Jerry right.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Zero chance.

This Front Office’s #1 priority is not getting better; it’s justifying the decisions of the Jones family. Jerry foolishly overpaid for Trey Lance so Lance will get every chance to prove Jerry right.
If the Niners mis this window and do not win a SB, it will be blamed on the Trance draft trade. It will go down as the dumbest draft trade ever made in NFL history.

It will be on future sports trivia cards for crying out loud.

Now GM Jeruh is considering letting Dak walk, just to investigate and confirm how bad of a decision that John Lynch made 3 years ago.

The best decision that could be made for everyone involved would be to trade Trance immediately to Denver.

Trance will have an opportunity to play immediately and they have no QB.

exciter

Reaction score
What sort of urgency will the Cowboys have to draft a QB in this draft and where do you believe we will draft a QB in the upcoming draft?
Virtually none! The focus this year will be trying to develop Lance enough to flip him for picks in next years draft. They’re not going to drop a pick on someone to take snaps from that development plan unless someone has a massive free fall!

Chasing6

Reaction score
What sort of urgency will the Cowboys have to draft a QB in this draft and where do you believe we will draft a QB in the upcoming draft?
GM Jeruh already said he would not draft a QB this year even if someone fell to us at 24.

He could be lying. If he can't sign Dak, that could change.

Mr_437

Reaction score
UDFA. Hopefully, they find a guy who can actually play.

stinkface

Reaction score
I think it all depends on what they really think Dak is worth as compared to what Dak thinks he is worth. Someone will blink, but per the norm, the blink won't happen until we are eliminated from the playoffs next year.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I think it all depends on what they really think Dak is worth as compared to what Dak thinks he is worth. Someone will blink, but per the norm, the blink won't happen until we are eliminated from the playoffs next year.
I am not sure that is accurate. Negotiations are not always just about worth, GM Jeruh screwed himself and everyone knows it.

Then he wastes a 4th round pick on Trance, which creates no leverage for GM Jeruh. Dak and his agent are basically daring Jerry to follow through with his back up plan.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I really can't wait to see, if it's high high, its sending a message to someone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

J-man

Reaction score
We shouldn't be taking one at all. We gave up a 4th for Lance who is the 3rd string guy. NO QB NEEDED.

Verdict

Reaction score
It makes sense to either extend Dak prior to the draft or to draft Dak’s replacement in this year’s draft if the Cowboys get the chance to do that. Why are people in disbelief that is at least a possibility?

Chasing6

Reaction score
It makes sense to either extend Dak prior to the draft or to draft Dak’s replacement in this year’s draft if the Cowboys get the chance to do that. Why are people in disbelief that is at least a possibility?
What was the point of trading for Trance???