How I would love this Scenario (or something similar)

thechosen1n2

Reaction score
and the team would be good immediately. This is my argument to keep to keep the offense together and not going with the unproven though cheaper alternative.

Let me be clear, this is not my write up but I did give some preferences at the end that I like better, but it runs hand and hand with what Ive been discussingdebating with a few posters on the board. To me this outlines the perfect plan for contending the quickest and the longest.

Land a top 3 spot and trade back. Trading back to just 6 or 7 could potentially land you a 1,2, or a 3rd. That is how the trade numbers workout so its not farfetched. Our draft would look something like this.

1.6 P. Surtain II Bama CB. 2.35 Shaun Wade CB Ohio St 2.38 Trevon Moehrig S TCU
3.67 Jaylen Twyman DT Pitt 3.97 Baron Browning LB Ohio St 3.99 Tyler Vrabel OT Boston College
4.104 Shaka Toney DE, Penn 4.136 Daelin Hayes DE Notre Dame (This is just 4 rounds)

Thats 8 picks in the top 150. This is just and example. If you dont like some of these players. Pick someone else. If you dont get 3 picks and get 2 fine....That still 7 picks in the top 150. In this scenario you are addressing need, value, and depth, while grooming your Tyron Smith replacement.

I personally would take a LB Jabril Cox LSU at 3.67 and DT Levi Onwuzurike at 3.97....either way you get the point. Defense Rebuilt. 1 more year of Zeke the 3 WR, Jarwin, and Dak.

Get rid of Cooper (really a 2 year contract) and Zeke after 2021. Money is freed up. Defense has plenty of young pieces and you still have a QB that doesnt turn the ball over often and can put up 30 points a game.

Tell me a better, quicker scenario. Im all ears.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
and the team would be good immediately. This is my argument to keep to keep the offense together and not going with the unproven though cheaper alternative.

Let me be clear, this is not my write up but I did give some preferences at the end that I like better, but it runs hand and hand with what Ive been discussingdebating with a few posters on the board. To me this outlines the perfect plan for contending the quickest and the longest.

Land a top 3 spot and trade back. Trading back to just 6 or 7 could potentially land you a 1,2, or a 3rd. That is how the trade numbers workout so its not farfetched. Our draft would look something like this.

3.67 Jaylen Twyman DT Pitt 3.97 Baron Browning LB Ohio St 3.99 Tyler Vrabel OT Boston College
4.104 Shaka Toney DE, Penn 4.136 Daelin Hayes DE Notre Dame (This is just 4 rounds)

Thats 8 picks in the top 150. This is just and example. If you dont like some of these players. Pick someone else. If you dont get 3 picks and get 2 fine....That still 7 picks in the top 150. In this scenario you are addressing need, value, and depth, while grooming your Tyron Smith replacement.

I personally would take a LB Jabril Cox LSU at 3.67 and DT Levi Onwuzurike at 3.97....either way you get the point. Defense Rebuilt. 1 more year of Zeke the 3 WR, Jarwin, and Dak.

Get rid of Cooper (really a 2 year contract) and Zeke after 2021. Money is freed up. Defense has plenty of young pieces and you still have a QB that doesnt turn the ball over often and can put up 30 points a game.

It's solid, if you have abetter option at DT either through draft or FA, I'm 100% in

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
I think the middle of the DL needs a strong high pick as well as LB. Spend the rest of the draft capital on S and CB and OL backup.

Oh, after we deal with Zeke we'll need another RB so figure that in around mid 2nd to 4th.

thechosen1n2

Reaction score
It's solid, if you have abetter option at DT either through draft or FA, I'm 100% in

I think Free Agency will be too expensive. I think Hill, Gallimore, Woods, and whoever you draft and another cheap veteran will have to do.

ultron

Reaction score
Yep, this is a no brainer - we have a franchise QB and there’s 10+ teams out there that need a QB badly. There are at least 3 QBs (two big fish; Trevor Lawrence & Justin Fields) that teams really want, so if we’re in the top 3 - trading back is a no brainer and we’ll get a lot for the pick. A few years ago the Bears moved from 3rd to 2nd overall to get Turdbiskit in the draft & the 49ers picked up a 3rd round pick from the Bears that ended up being Fred Warner; arguably the most complete LB in football). Mack Jones (Alabama), Trask (Florida), and the Howell kid from UNC are having insane years that Turdbiskit could only dream of, their stock should be wayyy higher than his is, was, or ever will be. Any team that even wants to call us - better be giving up at least a 1st rounder next year and multiple high picks this year.

Not only do we need young talent, we need some luck too (and good coaching would be nice).

Last edited:

thechosen1n2

Reaction score
I think the middle of the DL needs a strong high pick as well as LB. Spend the rest of the draft capital on S and CB and OL backup.

Oh, after we deal with Zeke we'll need another RB so figure that in around mid 2nd to 4th.

We can get another RB in next years draft. Zeke should be back next year.

thechosen1n2

Reaction score
Yep, this is a no brainer - we have a franchise QB and there’s 10+ teams out there that need a QB badly. There are 3 QBs (two big fish; Trevor Lawrence & Justin Fields) that teams really want, so if we’re in the top 3 - trading back is a no brainer and we’ll get a lot for the pick. A few years ago the Bears moved from 3rd to 2nd overall to get Turbiskit in the draft & the 49ers picked up a 3rd round pick from the Bears that ended up being Fred Warner; arguably the most complete LB in football). Mack Jones and Trask are having insane years that Turdbiskit could only dream of, their stock should be wayyy higher than his is, was, or ever will be. Any team that even wants to call us - better be giving up at least a 1st rounder next year and multiple high picks this year.

Not only do we need young talent, we need some luck too (and good coaching would be nice).

We say its a No Brainer. Some people would rather pay an unknown, so we can free agency our defense.

Ekspozed

Reaction score
Id keep cooper as hes our best wr currently.

Id take a flyer on deandre baker

ultron

Reaction score
We say its a No Brainer. Some people would rather pay an unknown, so we can free agency our defense.

Nah, this team drafts very well. The problem is they don’t usually spend high draft picks on the defense. I think LVE is the only 1st round draft pick that the boys drafted that actually starts on defense. Byron Jones was another 1st rounder and he was certainly a top tier CB, so they’re fully capable of finding talent.

thechosen1n2

Reaction score
Nah, this team drafts very well. The problem is they don’t usually spend high draft picks on the defense. I think LVE is the only 1st round draft pick that the boys drafted that actually starts on defense. Byron Jones was another 1st rounder and he was certainly a top tier CB, so they’re fully capable of finding talent.

Oh no. I agree. Im saying many others on this forum dont think this scenario is a no brainer.

Whyjerry

Reaction score

I agree. This team should draft straight up the middle. DT,LB, and S. They need a real run stuffer at DT. They need to replace the clownish swoosh guy. They also just need a S that can actually play. The production at S has been a disgrace for far too long.

ICP

Reaction score

The problem with this and many other scenarios is that your expecting Dumb and Dumber to be able to have the smarts to put something like this together. It's much more likely that we win the East with a losing record, have a one and done playoff appearance and pick somewhere in the 20's

thechosen1n2

Reaction score
The problem with this and many other scenarios is that your expecting Dumb and Dumber to be able to have the smarts to put something like this together. It's much more likely that we win the East with a losing record, have a one and done playoff appearance and pick somewhere in the 20's

I dont see us making it. I will say if we did make the playoffs, Im front and center with Dumb and Dumber.

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score

Yepper, Its about the money.....a home playoff game bring dollars in.....draft picks don't bring money....Jones family business is about sustaining the income...not championships

Reactions: ICP

ICP

Reaction score
Yepper, Its about the money.....a home playoff game bring dollars in.....draft picks don't bring money....Jones family business is about sustaining the income...not championships
But you gotta wonder how much money it would bring with COVID numbers climbing there might not even be fans in the stands at that time. Also not sure what the playoff format would look like but would Dallas even get a home game?

visionary

Reaction score
If I’m picking at 3 and both Lawrence and Smith are gone, I’m either picking Wilson (if Dak hasn’t signed and if I think Wilson is a franchise QB) or im taking Sewell. You’re not finding a cornerstone LT later but you can find plenty of good DT, LB, and safety later

thechosen1n2

Reaction score
If I’m picking at 3 and both Lawrence and Smith are gone, I’m either picking Wilson (if Dak hasn’t signed and if I think Wilson is a franchise QB) or im taking Sewell. You’re not finding a cornerstone LT later but you can find plenty of good DT, LB, and safety later

I get it, but we've had a dominant offensive line and couldnt stop anyone. We've seen this oline not at full strength, and the team still put up plenty of points. This is an opportunity to really build a young defense while mainting the offensive side of the ball.

visionary

Reaction score
I get it, but we've had a dominant offensive line and couldnt stop anyone. We've seen this oline not at full strength, and the team still put up plenty of points. This is an opportunity to really build a young defense while mainting the offensive side of the ball.

Sorry I don’t agree
If I’m picking at 3 it is QB or LT

I’d be ok with trade down if we had signed Dak long term and Smith were healthy