How long before QB's start getting hurt?

kskboys

Reaction score
Man, this has got to be frustrating for the pass rushers. I'm just curious when the pass rushers will start thinking: "Screw it, going to get penalized anyway, might as well smash him up good."

That's what I see coming.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think, eventually, we'll see flags around the QB's waste. Officials will use replay to determine if the pass left the QB's hand prior to the flag being "in the grasp" of the defender.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
That's why I'm in the minority and don't mind the refs blowing the play dead in the Colts/Texans game when people are saying they robbed Watson of a TD. Defenders already have very little to work with as is...if they wanted to be aggressive and take the QB down, they could have but they're worried about the penalty.

Meanwhile, QBs who can escape pressure like Watson always benefit because defenders can only play two-hand touch on the QB without getting a flag.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
Man, this has got to be frustrating for the pass rushers. I'm just curious when the pass rushers will start thinking: "Screw it, going to get penalized anyway, might as well smash him up good."

That's what I see coming.
This could have been written any time over the last 30 years. Pass rushers will adjust and move on. Fans will continue to complain.

CPanther95

Reaction score
The only place safe to hit him is in the kidneys or the junk. I expect all defenders will learn to focus exclusively on those areas.