How long will Parcells coach in Dallas? POLL

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
the man is getting on in years. his reputation is already made but he probably doesn't wanna leave "the big room" with an ounce of lustre lost. i think he's going "all in" on this hand. if the cowboys don't make a significant run he'll coach out this contract and step away feeling he gave it his best shot. and if they do make a run at it - he'll stay for a couple more hands.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think he'll sign an extension for an extra two years, but alot of it is health permitting. They said they couldn't do it and that the two of them working together would be an unholy alliance, but I think Bill and Jerry make a great team. And they have a healthy respect for one another. I think as long as Bill wants to do it, Jerry will let him.

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
the man is getting on in years. his reputation is already made but he probably doesn't wanna leave "the big room" with an ounce of lustre lost. i think he's going "all in" on this hand. if the cowboys don't make a significant run he'll coach out this contract and step away feeling he gave it his best shot. and if they do make a run at it - he'll stay for a couple more hands.
I would agree but I also think a guy like BP at his age gets his livlihood from coaching. It keeps him youthful and busy. It gives him a reason to get out of bed. He doesn't seem the type to spend his twilight years in retirement with loads of idle time. He loves being a part of the "boys club" once again and I think he really gets alot of gratifacation from mentoring these young bucks and developing relationships with them.
I think, so long as he is physically and mentally capable of it, he will continue coaching until he absolutely can't do it any longer.

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
Woody'sGirl said:
I think he'll sign an extension for an extra two years, but alot of it is health permitting. They said they couldn't do it and that the two of them working together would be an unholy alliance, but I think Bill and Jerry make a great team. And they have a healthy respect for one another. I think as long as Bill wants to do it, Jerry will let him.
I can't tell you how happy that would make me.
And I think 2 extra years sounds about right.

They do make a great pair.
I mean, just imagine... 3 more drafts like this past one! We would be set to dominate for a decade.

followthestar

Reaction score
i'm not much for research, but Big Bill has gone on record as saying that because of the Cowboys staff size and management, his duties are much easier here and he is able to devote more time to coaching, which is his true passion. he still makes all the major decisions no doubt, but like Jerry himself the Tuna has given up some measure of responsibility to lessen his workload and extend his career, much like the deal he's giving Glover and Ellis... :)
if we're contending he won't go anywhere - he'll want to go out on top. then again if we win the big one this year, he might say good enough and bow out right then and there. who knows the mind of Parcells...?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I imagine the simple answer to this is "As long as he wants to." Probably not what your looking for in the way of an answer but it is the answer that makes the most sense. Nobody really knows. That's the thing about Bill. He likes it that way.

blindzebra

Reaction score
If the 3-4 defense does not cut it, this will be his last year.

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
Im surprised at how many believe the outcome of this season would be a major factor in his decision to stick around.

Im assuming that you are saying if we are terrible this season, he will leave this year or the next. But I dont think BP would leave on a losing note. If last year is any indication, another losing season might cause him to stay longer.

I dont think that this year's record has much to do with how long he will stick around ultimately.

The only thing that could terminate his stay early would be a rift between he and someone in upper management.

hogwild

Reaction score
the game has passed him bye...his record sucks

his ego sucks...his coaching style sucks...

He will never come close to the HOF...

He is just a old Giant reject, who will never have the

legacy of JIMMY JOHNSON ...IMO

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
hogwild said:

LOL.......

Another lost Red Skinz fan.

Hey Hog, Fedex Field is this way.

http://www.extremeskins.com/

:lmao2:

blindzebra

Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
Im surprised at how many believe the outcome of this season would be a major factor in his decision to stick around.

Im assuming that you are saying if we are terrible this season, he will leave this year or the next. But I dont think BP would leave on a losing note. If last year is any indication, another losing season might cause him to stay longer.

I dont think that this year's record has much to do with how long he will stick around ultimately.

The only thing that could terminate his stay early would be a rift between he and someone in upper management.

I'm looking at the wear and tear and the over-reaction of this offseason as factors.

I think Parcells' embarrassment is driving all the moves we made. I like that we spent money in free agency and had a good draft, but the driving force behind that increased effort is caustic.

We are going half win now...Bledsoe...half build for the future...a lot of youth on defense.

This season will be telling. If Bledsoe tanks, and that is very possible IMO, and does not lead the offense well enough to take the pressure off the young defense. 6-10 is possible again.

Frankly, had we came out and said, we are going with one of the young guys at QB and we are blowing up the defense and switching the base...that would have ment trading away the players with value that don't fit, and adding a couple more pieces...I'd buy Tuna has long term plans beyond his contract.

All the now versus future/ 3-4 versus 4-3 juggling is risky and points to a coach that is more concerned with his image than how long his contract goes.

hogwild

Reaction score
those are fightin' words mister

:)....Arkansas Razorbacks Rule

them are the only Hogs i care about.

Houston Nutt has already got 3 of his asst. coaches

paving the way for his smooth slide in to the saddle...

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
hogwild said:
those are fightin' words mister

:)....Arkansas Razorbacks Rule

them are the only Hogs i care about.

Houston Nutt has already got 3 of his asst. coaches

paving the way for his smooth slide in to the saddle...

Sorry bud, Houston Nutt is a good college coach but he aint Bill Parcells. Houston's got his hands full just trying to get the Hogs back into the SEC. I don't see him coming to Dallas anytime in the near future.

Compacity

Benched
Reaction score
I think he will finish his contract out. From what Im seeing if the team plays real well this year, he will sign a contract extension for like 3 more years....

Cowboy Junkie

leonargized
Reaction score
I think Tuna extends his contract.
He will be too old to start a new project therefore he stays.
He had a little taste of retirement when he did the ESPN thing and it boared him.

Reaction score
hogwild said:

I just couldn't let this slide. You don't have a clue Hog. Parcells will go down in history as one of the all time greats. It's already a lock and will be even more solid when he leads us to our 6th Lombardi within the next 3 years.