How Many Big-Time Players can Cowboys get?

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
If your definition of 'big time' is a guy like Drew Bledsoe, than probably only 1 or 2. But if it's 'name' in general, I could see this team stockpiling this offseason in an attempt to win it all. Just as long as Jerry Jones don't play Dan Snyder and signs a bunch of fat cats then I'll be happy. After all it's all about quality, not quantity. ;)

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Bledsoe4MVP said:
If your definition of 'big time' is a guy like Drew Bledsoe, than probably only 1 or 2. But if it's 'name' in general, I could see this team stockpiling this offseason in an attempt to win it all. Just as long as Jerry Jones don't play Dan Snyder and signs a bunch of fat cats then I'll be happy. After all it's all about quality, not quantity. ;)

If he defines big time by Drew Bledsoe I would have to question his knowledge of the game of football. The only thing big time about Bledsoe is his sack total

aznhalf

Reaction score
Well since I would never consider a kicker a "big time" player, I would say the Cowboys make zero big time signings.

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
If he defines big time by Drew Bledsoe I would have to question his knowledge of the game of football. The only thing big time about Bledsoe is his sack total

Why do you have to be such a hater bigdfan? Can't we all just get along!:p:

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
3 in FA, and 2 in draft. A kicker is a big time player if he's winning games for you.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Bledsoe4MVP said:
Why do you have to be such a hater bigdfan? Can't we all just get along!:p:

You call it hating I call it being realistic, and I get along with all the realistic people. Trolls not so much

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
I think we could land 3-5 in the manner that we did last year. However, I don't think we will because to do that every year would land us in cap hell with the Washington Commanders. Been there, done that.

WE will take a more conservative approach this year and land probably no more than 2 high dollar players. If we can then get some good talent on the cheap we will go for it.

So is the question how many "can" we land or how many "will" we land?

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
Ummm and his yardage total, and his TD's total and his...

The guy is Top Ten in just about every catagory for a QB...that's big time whether you like him or not.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
JackMagist said:
Ummm and his yardage total, and his TD's total and his...

The guy is Top Ten in just about every catagory for a QB...that's big time whether you like him or not.

I actually do like the guy, but he is not big time. Vinny Testeverde is top 10 in those categorys too is he big time?

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
I actually do like the guy, but he is not big time. Vinny Testeverde is top 10 in those categorys too is he big time?
Bledsoe has done it in a reasonable time frame and is still at a time in his life where many QB's play at a high level, Vinny took like 6 decades. Hardly a reasonable comparison.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
JackMagist said:
Bledsoe has done it in a reasonable time frame and is still at a time in his life where many QB's play at a high level, Vinny took like 6 decades. Hardly a reasonable comparison.

you might wanna go check the numbers again, when bledsoe passes Vinnys numbers this season he will have played about 1 less season worth of games.

Bledsoe is a good QB, Big time he is not though

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
Take our cap figure and knock 5 million off and then see what we're working with. No matter what we always seem to leave 5 million on the table. 5 mil could have gotten us a pretty decent FS or an experienced RT going into last year.

I expect:

1. Vinateri or Longwell
2. Fabini or Mike Williams(Bust, but we picked up Columbo, who knows)
3. A FS, I have no idea whos available, hopefully someone better than we have.

Just my guess. Whatever happens I bet we leave atleast 4 or 5million on the table with needs left to fill.