How many flags

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Or better yet how many roughing calls do you think they will call on us for touching brady. All he has to do is look at the refs and the flag comes out.
I posted this in another thread before seeing this one so will just copy/paste here.

Not sure why this perception exists. Since 2010, NE has only benefited from 25 roughing the passer penalties, 6th lowest in the league. As a comparison, Dallas has only benefited from 21 RTP penalties and we are tied for 3rd lowest with Baltimore. The Giants get the least amount of RTP penalties at only 16 so Eli hasn't been protected at all from the refs. Philadelphia leads the league at 46 and Washington is 3rd highest with 42.

Last edited:

Creeper

Reaction score
Are you suggesting the refs favor the Patriots at home and that's why they have such a long winning streak on their own field? You're right!

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Was wondering about that in a close game. We get some pressure and graze his shoulder pad and he gives the ref the look. And out comes the flag.. Lol.

I was thinking more of this

-Pats down by two
-At the 50
-10 seconds left
-No timeouts
-cowboys bring the house to give Brady no shot at a Hail Mary
-Quinn sacks Brady. Flag thrown(Quinn broung force down on the QB)
-replay shows otherwise.
-penalty put pats in FG range
-pats win on a long FG

The Quinn flag is the big talk the next day.

Refs email Jerry an apology letter.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Or better yet how many roughing calls do you think they will call on us for touching brady. All he has to do is look at the refs and the flag comes out.

Glimmer I, like you, think that NE gets preferential treatment from the officials just like the Steelers and Packers.

But for 2019 surprisingly they aren't benefitting all that much.

They have had 4 more flags called against their opponents than themselves, but have been granted 24 less yards than their opponents. It seems when they are called for a penalty they go BIG!

Wow just found something else though. Maybe you are right. The Pat's have been called for 62 total penalties. Only 22 at home, while 40 are on the road. ALMOST HALF AS MANY AT HOME!!!!!

Edit: Nevermind, between accepted penalties, declined penalties, and offsetting penalties the Pat's have been called for the 2nd fewest. Screw them, freaking cheaters.

ksadler1

Reaction score
I'm going to say 2 roughing calls against Brady, 1 unnecessary roughness call against our secondary, 3 PI calls, 11 total flags for over 100 yards total. The 12th man in NE has nothing to do with the crowd.

I saw Brady get popped last week against the Eagles and no flag. Unfortunately, we'll pay for that non-call this week...

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
I'm thinking 12 flags on Dallas for over 115 yards during the entirety of the game. 3 of those will likely be roughing calls. 5 will be holding. 2 will be offsides. 2 will be OPI/DPI.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Glimmer I, like you, think that NE gets preferential treatment from the officials just like the Steelers and Packers.

But for 2019 surprisingly they aren't benefitting all that much.

They have had 4 more flags called against their opponents than themselves, but have been granted 24 less yards than their opponents. It seems when they are called for a penalty they go BIG!

Wow just found something else though. Maybe you are right. The Pat's have been called for 62 total penalties. Only 22 at home, while 40 are on the road. ALMOST HALF AS MANY AT HOME!!!!!

Edit: Nevermind, between accepted penalties, declined penalties, and offsetting penalties the Pat's have been called for the 2nd fewest. Screw them, freaking cheaters.
Lol. First laugh of the day. Thanks.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I was thinking more of this

-Pats down by two
-At the 50
-10 seconds left
-No timeouts
-cowboys bring the house to give Brady no shot at a Hail Mary
-Quinn sacks Brady. Flag thrown(Quinn broung force down on the QB)
-replay shows otherwise.
-penalty put pats in FG range
-pats win on a long FG

The Quinn flag is the big talk the next day.

Refs email Jerry an apology letter.
Sounds about right. Lol.