How many games would the Cowboys win 2020 with Josh Allen at QB?

How many games would the Cowboys win in 2020 with Josh Allen at QB

• Total voters

DFWJC

Reaction score
People have been throwing alternatives out, and talking about drafting a guy to replace Dak the last couple of days

I want see how good they think we wouls be with an young QB going through growing pains
We’re signing Dak
Period

I guess you can ask, but its a moot point

Proof

Reaction score
Look at their numbers and don’t forget to factor in Allen’s rushing which is a big part of his game and consider Dak padded his stats against trash teams..

Yes, I think Allen could’ve got us to 8-8.

He even beat Dak head 2 head this year.

Dak had nearly 2k more yards when including rushing, and that’s with Allen also having stat padding opportunities against the jets twice, the dolphins twice, the bengals, the giants and skins.

Allen didn’t break 300 yards passing, Dak avgd 300.

zzzzzzz

SackMaster

Reaction score
Look at their numbers and don’t forget to factor in Allen’s rushing which is a big part of his game and consider Dak padded his stats against trash teams..

Yes, I think Allen could’ve got us to 8-8.

He even beat Dak head 2 head this year.
So now running by a QB is important?

When Dak's running was brought up in the past as a positive, the rebuttal was something along the lines of "a QB needs to be able to pass first" or "running is for RB, not for QBs".

I'm glad Josh is a great athlete, but he has yet to prove he is a passing QB at the NFL level. As bad as Dak is dogged around here for his passing, compared to Josh Allen, Dak is John Elway so far in their young careers.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Same here, but he's been treading in his own water for a hot minute and it's turning yellow, if you haven't noticed.
As far as my perception of him, I dont have a problem overlooking his view here. We are all gonna have differences of opinion

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We’re signing Dak
Period

I guess you can ask, but its a moot point
Trust me, thats my position as well. The odds he gets to March without a deal are very small IMO. And if he is tagged, almost no chance we dont have a deal in place before the draft

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
So now running by a QB is important?

When Dak's running was brought up in the past as a positive, the rebuttal was something along the lines of "a QB needs to be able to pass first" or "running is for RB, not for QBs".

I'm glad Josh is a great athlete, but he has yet to prove he is a passing QB at the NFL level. As bad as Dak is dogged around here for his passing, compared to Josh Allen, Dak is John Elway so far in their young careers.

The thread topic is how we would do with Josh Allen..

Dak sure as heck didn’t elevate a 3 win team to 8 wins.

Dak is an ok player. So is Josh Allen.

dwmyers

Reaction score
The best I can do for a comparison metric is the EPA column off the ESPN QBR page. EPA is expected points added, which ultimately is how much better he made the team's field position. This stat includes the run and the pass. Scoring is a part of it, as are turnovers.
Dak had 93.1 EPA. Josh Allen had 51.4 EPA. So the difference is about 42 EPA. So Dak is worth about 2.6 points a game more than Josh Allen. It's your decision whether Josh's "intangibles" are superior to Dak's..

https://www.espn.com/nfl/qbr/_/seasontype/2

D-

starfan1

Reaction score
6 to 8 (maybe) I'm inclined to 6, but 8 is possible.
Well history says different since he averages 10 if you average out the years. Take out 2016 he averages 9

he’s won 2 East titles and 2 pro bowl appearances and Vegas odds already have cowboys with second best odds to win nfc behind Frisco so I’ll guess we’ll see

starfan1

Reaction score
Kinda like saying how many could we have won with Mahommes
Neither is availible so it doesn’t matter
Ya a lot of folks hung up on who’s gonna be behind center next year when that’s pretty much been determined

garyo1954

Reaction score
Well history says different since he averages 10 if you average out the years. Take out 2016 he averages 9

he’s won 2 East titles and 2 pro bowl appearances and Vegas odds already have cowboys with second best odds to win nfc behind Frisco so I’ll guess we’ll see

BTW, you do know you can't trust history?
History said KC hadn't been to the Super Bowl in 50 years.
Would you go against history today?

Swagger

Reaction score
10-6 in the season just gone.

Allen wins the same 8 games as Prescott as would Brian Hoyer plus vs the Jets and Eagles.

I think most starting quarterbacks in the league would have won the same aforementioned ten games.

SackMaster

Reaction score
The thread topic is how we would do with Josh Allen..

Dak sure as heck didn’t elevate a 3 win team to 8 wins.

Dak is an ok player. So is Josh Allen.
:lmao2:Really?

What was the Cowboys record before Dallas drafted Dak? 4-12, right? The next year the team was what, 13-3, right?

But I'm not going to be a total idiot and try to say it was all because of Dak. Dak was a large part of it considering that Garrett was 1-14 without Romo as the starter, but he was hardly the only reason why.

So I'm going to ask, even though I'm pretty sure I know what you will say; Is the +5 win improvement Buffalo had was all due to Josh Allen and nothing else?

This is going to be good.
:popcorn:

Londonboy

Reaction score
I've used an advanced mathematical formula (far too complicated for the layman to comprehend) to determine the definitive answer to this question.
It's 6.297.