How many here...

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
Were utterly confident that the Cowboys were going to win today?

Even I thought that we were going to win, but I was only at a 75% confidence level.

People are seriously over-reacting when it comes to Romo....they are acting like this is something that has never been seen, but I can mention other QB's who have already won the SuperBowl that also had these types of losses...I'll name two of the right off the bat....P. Manning and Favre.

Some people here are acting like we played an inferior team today.....this was a team on our level and I would say that our defense out-played them today.....the Steelers only had 238 net yards today. Choice had more yards on them than any other RB this year.

Am I sick at this loss? Yes, but this was also a game where I watched the Falcons and were hoping that they would lose just to give us a cushion in case we lost. Why? Because I new that we were playing an excellent defense and that this would be tough to eek out a win.

The bigger losses in my mind are the ones to Arizona and St. Louis....you wanna be mad? Be mad at those games as well.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;2470429 said:
I thought we would win. I still can't believe we lost.

But how sure were you? You knew that it would be very tough though right?

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
I was....up until their WR got up jumping around after Hamlin twisted his knee. After that I was pretty sure we had just lost our best shot at putting it away.

30yrheel

Reaction score
thought we would lose, got teased, and romo the turnover machine strikes again

BlueStar22

Reaction score
i was confident we'd win. i'd been telling a philly fan at work all week we'd win.

whether we're overreacting on Romo is neither here nor there. The bottom line is the turnovers HAVE TO STOP! Seriously!

GoCowboysGo

Reaction score
I thought we were going to win after we stopped them on fourth down. I really thought we would.

Then I started to see that we weren't bringing it anymore. Wade called off the dogs, to let Pitt move up and down the field at will.

How about them 'special teams!!!! Hoooahhhhh!!!! Wade is an idiot.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
It doesn't matter what any of us thought about the outcome of the game. The bottom line is we gave another one away. Or I should say the coaching staff gave it away. Now we're faced with winning the next 3 in a row. My question is can the team rebound from losing a big game that we had won.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
It's not about what level Pittsburg is at. We DOMINATED them for 3 and a half quarters, we looked like Superbowl contenders for the majority of the game despite the mistakes. We just unraveled. More people would have been upset but understand of a blowout than to dominate for 3 quarters and then look like the Lions in the final 5 minutes.

mannt88

Reaction score
I was 100% confident we would win today, I lost a great amount of money on this game :banghead:

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
I wasn't until the 3rd quarter then the wheels fell off. I'm more bummed about this loss than any of them so far. :(

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
TheCount;2470497 said:
It's not about what level Pittsburg is at. We DOMINATED them for 3 and a half quarters, we looked like Superbowl contenders for the majority of the game despite the mistakes. We just unraveled. More people would have been upset but understand of a blowout than to dominate for 3 quarters and then look like the Lions in the final 5 minutes.

Think about it....didn't we have like 5 turnovers? Yet we were in it till the end. This team is better than most are giving credit.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
When the schedule first came out I knew this game was a toss up.

Coming into the week, I felt the Cowboys would lose because of the weather, it was on the road and the Steelers featured the number one defense in the league.

It wouldn't suprise me to see the Steelers represent the AFC in the Super Bowl.

This was a horrible loss but it was nowhere near as bad as the Skins and Rams loss, the Steelers are every bit as good a team as we are.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2470524 said:
I wasn't until the 3rd quarter then the wheels fell off. I'm more bummed about this loss than any of them so far. :(

I'm bummed as well....I was just more confident that we would have beaten the Rams and Cardinals than in this one.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I admit I thought we would win this game. I was at least 90 percent positive we had it prior to the start of the game.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
I posted in the confidence thread, but I was pretty sure odds were against us.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
I haven't even been excited this season. We mixed a team that chokes with a HC that chokes. Was never a good mix. This is probably the calmest I have ever been after loses.