How many here...

yimyammer

Reaction score
Jimz31;2470362 said:
Were utterly confident that the Cowboys were going to win today?

Even I thought that we were going to win, but I was only at a 75% confidence level.

People are seriously over-reacting when it comes to Romo....they are acting like this is something that has never been seen, but I can mention other QB's who have already won the SuperBowl that also had these types of losses...I'll name two of the right off the bat....P. Manning and Favre.

Some people here are acting like we played an inferior team today.....this was a team on our level and I would say that our defense out-played them today.....the Steelers only had 238 net yards today. Choice had more yards on them than any other RB this year.

Am I sick at this loss? Yes, but this was also a game where I watched the Falcons and were hoping that they would lose just to give us a cushion in case we lost. Why? Because I new that we were playing an excellent defense and that this would be tough to eek out a win.

The bigger losses in my mind are the ones to Arizona and St. Louis....you wanna be mad? Be mad at those games as well.

I love my Cowboys, but this team always scares the crap out of me because I feel a collapse could come at any moment. I was optimistic and hopeful, but kept seeing little things happen that lowered my confidence and increased my sense of dread.

I kept telling my buddy, surely we can't play this well on D and have Choice do so well and lose, can we? NO, PLEASE NO, not after that great goal line stand????? I think I might have actually prayed.

After that wiff on 4th by Romo to Witten, we both just got up, left the bar we were in & each of us got in our car and didn't say a word to each other...I think we were both trying to hold back the tears.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
I guess that my point is that people are acting like this was an inferior taem that we were playing....

Our backs were up against the wall in this game.

Think about it....a warm weather team going up agains the #1 defense in VERY cold weather.

To say that people here were 100% confident that we would lose is just ridiculous. Romo should have worn long sleeves as well as every other player that didn't. But, I'm not going to pin this on Romo....I've seen questionable play-calling all year from Garrett and THAT is what sickens me, but come one people....our backs were up against the wall in this game and we wouldn't be as upset if we would have beaten teams that we should have beaten...namely Arizona, who is admittedly a good team with a great QB and the freakin' Rams...those are the games that COULD keep us out of the playoffs.....THOSE are the unexcusable games....NOT this one.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
CactusCowboy;2470517 said:
I picked the Steelers to win and now lead my 25th annual football pool! :)

Congrats you are still a bandwagon jumping idiot

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
CactusCowboy;2470517 said:
I picked the Steelers to win and now lead my 25th annual football pool! :)

???? Dude, you should be kicked off of this board for picking against this team....I didn't even pick against them during our 5-11 years....just couldn't bring myself to do it...yet you actually DID it.

newlander

Reaction score
Anyone with any brains knew how it would turn out. Romo gave another one away and Wade broke out his prevent 'D to help out some. Snatching victory from the jaws of defeat: again. No playoffs, but wade will be gone so it's all good really.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Jimz31;2470676 said:
???? Dude, you should be kicked off of this board for picking against this team....I didn't even pick against them during our 5-11 years....just couldn't bring myself to do it...yet you actually DID it.

He is a Cardinals fan, he quit the team over a month ago and has not posted since. (because we have been winning)

He waited for a loss so he could come in and talk smack

landryscorner

Reaction score
honestly I had predicted we would lose, and I was right.....my deciding factors were

#1 barber out
#2 Steelers excellent defense

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
landryscorner;2470714 said:
honestly I had predicted we would lose, and I was right.....my deciding factors were

#1 barber out
#2 Steelers excellent defense

Except that Barber being out really had nothing to do with it....

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Jimz31;2470525 said:
Think about it....didn't we have like 5 turnovers? Yet we were in it till the end. This team is better than most are giving credit.

I don't care how talented we are. That won't make anybody happy when we're watching other teams in the playoffs in January. Yes, we're very talented, but that alone doesn't win games.

landryscorner

Reaction score
newlander;2470687 said:
Anyone with any brains knew how it would turn out. Romo gave another one away and Wade broke out his prevent 'D to help out some. Snatching victory from the jaws of defeat: again. No playoffs, but wade will be gone so it's all good really.

I live in San Anton and about 15 minutes from the Alamo dome I met Wade 2 summers ago at TC, I sure as hell don't want to see him over here come summer again...Wade....See ya, hope you enjoyed Dallas....

diehard2294

America's Team
Reaction score
I knew we would play well,I lost faith after we went 3 and out after Pitts FG to make it 13-6

couldn't put it away

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Jimz31;2470362 said:
Were utterly confident that the Cowboys were going to win today?

Even I thought that we were going to win, but I was only at a 75% confidence level.

People are seriously over-reacting when it comes to Romo....they are acting like this is something that has never been seen, but I can mention other QB's who have already won the SuperBowl that also had these types of losses...I'll name two of the right off the bat....P. Manning and Favre.

Some people here are acting like we played an inferior team today.....this was a team on our level and I would say that our defense out-played them today.....the Steelers only had 238 net yards today. Choice had more yards on them than any other RB this year.

Am I sick at this loss? Yes, but this was also a game where I watched the Falcons and were hoping that they would lose just to give us a cushion in case we lost. Why? Because I new that we were playing an excellent defense and that this would be tough to eek out a win.

The bigger losses in my mind are the ones to Arizona and St. Louis....you wanna be mad? Be mad at those games as well.

the bigger losses to me, and the ones that make me mad, notice I'm not mad after today's loss, are the ones where we're penalized 10 times, both the O and D can't get it done, the head coach looks lost, in all, losses where we just look sloppy

that didn't happen today, yes we folded at the end and that's gut-wrenching, but we looked as good as I've ever seen us, Romo and Garrett's lame-playcalling notwithstanding

Everson24

Reaction score
TheCount;2470497 said:
It's not about what level Pittsburg is at. We DOMINATED them for 3 and a half quarters, we looked like Superbowl contenders for the majority of the game despite the mistakes. We just unraveled. More people would have been upset but understand of a blowout than to dominate for 3 quarters and then look like the Lions in the final 5 minutes.

Wade needed to get these guys in shape to play 60 minutes not just 52. It sucks that we lost this game we should have won. It was like this in 2004 when we had a 10 point lead on Pittsburgh in the fourth only to give that game away too. Now I have to wait until 2012 to get revenge.:bang2: