How many of you guys remember this Cowboys Song?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
yeah......................... talk to the early 20 something's. They are shaving!!!! everything!!

They carve them out now a days i'm sure there's someone walking around with one shaped like a star.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
That is the worst tune I have ever heard. Thanks for potential nightmares of that tune with Sir Jones line dancing to it.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
I'm thinking more south of the equator.

Meh, the whole barren landscape/hardwood floors look has run it's course. IMHO. It was hot when it was unique. Now? Not so much.

Aaaaaaannnnnd now, back you your regularly scheduled program.

JeffG

Reaction score
Okay, here is the classic Cowboys song y'all have been waiting for. This song defined my childhood ...

robbieruff

Reaction score
My dad was a huge Oilers fan and we had season tickets. This damn song will be engraved in me until the day I die......

It's that excruciating German polka background music that makes it so grating. Hearing it over and over during the late 70s when they had a good team and Earl was the RB. Ugh! I can just hear now the droning of Howard Cossell on MNF "Listen to this crowd!?! A more raucous bunch I have never heard in my 40 years of sports commentating!?!" while the fans waved Pom poms and repeated that chorus line over and over and over again. It was completely repulsive even for a kid in his preteens at the time. I am cursed now to hum that stupid tune throughout he rest of my day.

Last edited:

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
My dad was a huge Oilers fan and we had season tickets. This damn song will be engraved in me until the day I die......

Erroneous lyrics...they never played in the SB.......so no reason to have that line in their song.......Bradshaw and Reich made sure of that.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score

I recognize that. It's the theme song of the old Tom Landry Show from the 70s.

Frank Glieber was the host. Landry would stand in front of a screen and show highlights of the previous week's game. He'd keep stopping the film, and running it backwards, then let it go forward again as he described the play. They did a picks segment at the end. Landry would say "Miamah" and "Sant Louis." That show was part of my pre-game ritual every Sunday when I was a kid.

Not only is there no video of that show anywhere on the net, I can't even find a still picture. It's like the whole thing never happened. Thanks for bringing back that memory though.