How many players away from a legit championship level D?

MichiganCowboyFan

Reaction score
I think Gallimore and Odighizuwa will be awesome key cogs... not necessarily pro bowlers... but well above average players for their position. Very soon if not shortly this season. I don't see DT as a need unless you get some huge nose tackle you can't miss like Vita Vea.

Mike linebacker and free safety would be my priorities. Joseph will supplant Brown soon.

quickccc

Reaction score
-A veteran LB will need to be resigned for the interim, rather they move on from both Lve & Neal.
-Diggs is still developing, still needs a lot of work on his technique/footwork.
-Agree that we need a big secondary overhaul. We have prospects at corner, but nothing at Free Safety.

LB/FS are the priorities needs and hope some of these prospects pan out at corner and within the DL.

Not an big secondary overhaul, as we have Diggs as the lead CB, and there's still the 2 rookie CBs to explore, but it's up to the usual very conservative Stephen Jones to re-sign Kearse.
Otherwise expect us to go with injury prone, inconsistent Donovan Wilson as the new SS starter,... while it's whose guess-its at FS.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
He would with many defenses as he is the best DC we have in today's game.

Exactly. We might be able to upgrade at a position or two, but we have a serviceable defense. Getting the most out of them is another matter. I don’t think Bill would’ve blown a 28-3 lead in the SB. Crazy game, though, so who knows.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Not an big secondary overhaul, as we have Diggs as the lead CB, and there's still the 2 rookie CBs to explore, but it's up to the usual very conservative Stephen Jones to re-sign Kearse.
Otherwise expect us to go with injury prone, inconsistent Donovan Wilson as the new SS starter,... while it's whose guess-its at FS.
Kearse will depend on price. Yes, we do still have Wilson under contract and have a prospect in Muku who has similar size as Kearse. It appears to be a good safety class at least early on, will they finally pull the trigger, doubtful!