How many rookies will make the team?

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
If Stephen gets his way, all of them.

Stephen hearts cheap labor.

Most owners want the best possible roster but Stephen is on a different level.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
On the 53? Probably 5. Most likely there will be 3 active on game day.

Mazi, Schoon, Overshown, Vaughn are safe bets. Fehoko, Richards, Bass, Scott and the WRs will all compete for depth spots.

There are very few spots open, especially if they keep Goodwin and Turpin.
The more I think about it, the more I don't think Goodwin offers enough on ST. I think Overshown takes his spot. In fact, I think Overshown was a direct replacement of Goodwin.

He can play his spot on KO coverage. And might also see the field. So that there is more value. Goodwin is ST only.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
The more I think about it, the more I don't think Goodwin offers enough on ST. I think Overshown takes his spot. In fact, I think Overshown was a direct replacement of Goodwin.

He can play his spot on KO coverage. And might also see the field. So that there is more value. Goodwin is ST only.
Overshown isn't going to be a gunner, which is where Goodwin is about as good as anyone in the league. Overshowns is going to be Gifford's replacement on STs.

It's fair to debate the merits of carrying a ST guy like Goodwin, but he's not in competition for the same roster spot as Overshown.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Overshown isn't going to be a gunner, which is where Goodwin is about as good as anyone in the league. Overshowns is going to be Gifford's replacement on STs.

It's fair to debate the merits of carrying a ST guy like Goodwin, but he's not in competition for the same roster spot as Overshown.
Overshown can be a gunner.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Overshown can be a gunner.
Nah. He is taking Gifford's place. Fassel already said it.

"I think on the kickoff return I can put him on the front line, likely in Gifford's spot, and single him up with one of their best guys," added Fassel. "I think he'll be outstanding on punt, in protection and coverage, and he'll be outstanding somewhere in punt return."