How many starters are we needing to Draft in order to feel we improved?

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Exactly how many starters are we needing to Draft in order to feel we improved and regard the draft a success.hat positions need the new starters.

*[ see all three LBers positions..a CB and 2 SS..a Guard. And another pass rusher to help Tank and Gregory get to the passer.

I would also like a kick returner drafted yo save Cee Dee for offense only.

A rookie QB seems logically.That's my need list for us.

Carson

Reaction score
1 Tech (Woods, Urban likely depth with them. Yes I know Urban is more of a 3.)

CB for sure

FS should be good with Kazee for a year. LB will be good with Neal, Smith, LVE

I’ll say two. The rest is much needed depth however

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Exactly how many starters are we needing to Draft in order to feel we improved and regard the draft a success.hat positions need the new starters.

*[ see all three LBers positions..a CB and 2 SS..a Guard. And another pass rusher to help Tank and Gregory get to the passer.

I think the Cowboys have improved already. But with the draft, you always want to get 2 or 3 starters. They do, then it’s on to the Super Bowl.

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
I could make a case for 6 starters being possible but I would dislike the draft

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Wait, you think we need to get 5 rookie defensive starters and a 6th who gets significant snaps in this year's draft, or the draft is unsuccessful? I can say for sure you'll be disappointed.

If we look at the team in 3-4 years and see that two of this year's draftees are cornerstone players and a third is a solid starter, that's a great draft. What they do their rookie season is immaterial (although obviously, great players tend to be solid contributors early).

Chuck 54

Reaction score

2021 - 1 starter on opening day, plus contributors
2022 - 3 starters on opening day, plus contributors

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
If you need more than 1, maybe 2 starters coming from the draft you’re in for a long season. If you get an a over average starter and a solid rotational player it’s considered a decent draft. Extremely rare to walk away with 3 or 4 impact players from one class.

I’d love to come away with a CB round 1 and either DT or LB round 2. After that you are more likely to see your mid to late round picks last year step up than have a late round rookie become an impact player this year.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
Not to pigeon-hole a CB, but it is the most likely at this stage at 10. And a starter.
2nd round, a 1-tech at 44 would start, if we took a FS would probably start by mid-year. Third round and forth round (4 picks) sho I like be solid rotation players with a chance to move up. Then depth/Jags.
Would also have no problem using any of our comp. Picks to package and move up for players.

conner01

Reaction score

Why a guard
I don’t get that

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
I'd like to see two starters. One at CB for sure. And then another at S, or LB or DT.....or at least a significant rotation guy. In reality there are no open starter positions on Offense. Even with a guy like Sewell or Slater they likely don't start unless they give them a shot at LG. Pitts would be a day one starter.

On Defense we clearly need a corner, a DT, at least one LB and a Safety. Any of the top corners should be able to start. At the moment I guess we have Kazee at FS and Donovan Wilson at SS...with Neal playing some nickle.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Exactly how many starters are we needing to Draft in order to feel we improved and regard the draft a success.
The draft is about long term immediate impact. Therefore I'll say 3-4 considering where the Cowboys draft.

That said, given they have 10 picks I would love for them to go .500 and get 5 starters.