How many starters in this draft class?

plasticman

Reaction score
I'm going to say 2 in 2020 and 5 in 2021. I am assuming no serious injuries to them or current starters. In the latter, rookie starters would definitely increase.

Let me qualify that.

I believe that Lamb and Diggs will be listed as starters assuming they typically list one RB and 3 receivers.

Gallimore, Robinson and Anae are going to get a lot of snaps. They may mot be listed as official starters but they will make an impact.

Again, as we all know, the injury gods are going to have something to say about all this. The Cowboys have a history of injuries attacking specific squads instead of being evenly distributed. Hopefully the Cowboys can avoid this type of frustration.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Third WR is a a starter. So there is Lamb. Diggs should push Lewis back to where he should be at the slot corner.

But that's it. Maybe Biadasz, but that would need reps.

As for the others, it all depends on the level of trust the coaching staff has and how quickly they can devise ways for them to be contributors.

At the end of the day, it does not matter. If all your picks become starters right away, your team is not all that great.

Pushing it two years down the line, we have a three starter draft if all breaks well. And that is pretty successful.

Look at this homer.

With the apparent success I think I'm going to rent a canoe for the site mock next year.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
It's September 2022. Opening day. They're about to kickoff. I just received my 200 thousandth like. How many starters from that team are from this draft class and who are they? Name them.

Don't give me ifs and maybes. That isn't this thread. Name the starters.
Lamb, Biadasz start game 1.
Gallimore, Anae are in the game day rotation.
Diggs and Robinson are on special teams right away. I will predict that Robinson finds his way into certain packages on defense.

While Diggs will excel later in the year, his technique issues will hurt him and preseason, keeping him off the field until his coach helps him work those out to be more consistent.

mybad....missed 2022 first time.
Everyone above will be starting by then.

Verdict

Reaction score
It's September 2022. Opening day. They're about to kickoff. I just received my 200 thousandth like. How many starters from that team are from this draft class and who are they? Name them.

Don't give me ifs and maybes. That isn't this thread. Name the starters.
Do we count UDFAs? If so, I’m going to go with 6 total. I have no idea who they will be 3 years from now.

Verdict

Reaction score
Lamb, Biadasz start game 1.
Gallimore, Anae are in the game day rotation.
Diggs and Robinson are on special teams right away. I will predict that Robinson finds his way into certain packages on defense.

While Diggs will excel later in the year, his technique issues will hurt him and preseason, keeping him off the field until his coach helps him work those out to be more consistent.

mybad....missed 2022 first time.
Everyone above will be starting by then.

It is going to be interesting to see how much time Gallimore gets. I think you will see him getting starters minutes by mid season.

quickccc

Reaction score
Draftee starters:

Lamb - i think he's Cooper eventual 2 year replacement, i believe Cowboys thinks he's a Hopkins like lead dog WR soon, and hes' instant dynamo 3rd WR
and P-returner. Being 6th overall on their board adds all the more reason with terrific value with did not think we would be in.
And many such as i, see the 3rd WR as a starter. i think he is gonna see time in both slot and outside.
Lamb had no known red flags and still fell to 17th overall, that;s how NFL draft happens and go sometimes.

Diggs - dunno if they will switch Awuzie to RCB while Diggs takes LCB as what he played at Bama, if he is everything his draft status is advertised
then he should be starting by game 3 early in season if not straight game one. otherwise its gonna be Awuzie/Brown to start the season-and sorry to Jordan
but Diggs has to at least be the 3rd CB until he's entrenched in starting lineup.
Diggs has INT ball hawk skills - we so direly need that !

Tyler Biadasz (Biadasz) Sure he's not near a strong prospect as Fredrick was coming out. but winning the Rimington,
and a finalist in the Outland, isn't nothing to sneeze at. he's a legit top center prospect who may have fell due to his lengthy recovery
from hip surgery, despite not missing a game. and as i've said before, i prefer a guy that has already excelled at a position
vs a guy that simply has versatility to play a position.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Probably just one we can count on in Lamb. Assuming he’s a starter if he plays the slot.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Draftee starters:

Lamb - i think he's Cooper eventual 2 year replacement, i believe Cowboys thinks he's a Hopkins like lead dog WR soon, and hes' instant dynamo 3rd WR
and P-returner. Being 6th overall on their board adds all the more reason with terrific value with did not think we would be in.
And many such as i, see the 3rd WR as a starter. i think he is gonna see time in both slot and outside.
Lamb had no known red flags and still fell to 17th overall, that;s how NFL draft happens and go sometimes.

Diggs - dunno if they will switch Awuzie to RCB while Diggs takes LCB as what he played at Bama, if he is everything his draft status is advertised
then he should be starting by game 3 early in season if not straight game one. otherwise its gonna be Awuzie/Brown to start the season-and sorry to Jordan
but Diggs has to at least be the 3rd CB until he's entrenched in starting lineup.
Diggs has INT ball hawk skills - we so direly need that !

Tyler Biadasz (Biadasz) Sure he's not near a strong prospect as Fredrick was coming out. but winning the Rimington,
and a finalist in the Outland, isn't nothing to sneeze at. he's a legit top center prospect who may have fell due to his lengthy recovery
from hip surgery, despite not missing a game. and as i've said before, i prefer a guy that has already excelled at a position
vs a guy that simply has versatility to play a position.

Hip surgery? I thought he had his shoulder scoped. What happened to the hip?:eek:

J-man

Reaction score
Well actually, despite popular belief, it could very well only be 1 "starter" in Lamb.

But I'll say 2, Lamb & Diggs. But I do think they others will all be rotational guys.

Diggs probably beats out Canady for an outside CB spot, but I could see Magic Mike going with the experienced guy to "start". Will Lewis and/or Brown get a shot at that outside spot too?

Biadasz has a good chance, but we do have other options inside. McGovern, Looney and Redmon will all want that job too so we'll have to wait and see how it plays out before we give him the job.

Ahhhh love me some good old fashioned competition! May the best men win!

Gallimore, as good as he is, he isn't beating out McCoy for 3 tech, or Poe at 1 tech. But I'm suddenly liking the depth we have at DT a lot more now. Gallimore, Crawford &, Woods behind those 2 isn't bad at all.

Anae has a shot to be a steal of a pick IMO. But Armstrong has the inside track, especially being the same age, but already with 3 yrs of NFL experience. But I think he's better than Jelks so he's probably the back up right now. Who know's what happens with the Smith and/or Gregory. They are wild trump cards at this point.

Robinson will see the field some, but mostly on ST. I think he's more of a future need insurance pick. Don't forget they now have 9 CB's, Awuzie, Brown, Lewis, Canady, Burton, Goodwin, White, Westry and Smith, all of which have NFL experience. Not to mention the aforementioned Diggs.
PS. Who do you like better to start in the slot Lewis or Brown?

Last edited by a moderator:

quickccc

Reaction score
Hip surgery? I thought he had his shoulder scoped. What happened to the hip?:eek:

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/tyler-biadasz-nfl-combine-2020

Biadasz had hip surgery prior to 2019 season,.. and apparently he's recently had the shoulder surgery.
Its a probability that Tyler had not fully recovered from that hip surgery and it showed in his play.

But if a scout team keeps up with his total body of work - with how he gutted it out to still be effective enough as well as his prior years performances
you add up all those years, his achievement honors and how he tough he is,his skill set, knack for the position and leadership qualities, you
come out with a 3rd round grade for a guy that dropped a round later, given the circumstances.
:cool: