How many times do we have to get destroyed by the run in the playoffs before

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
You want a DLine that can do it all. You need big DE's that can move inside on passing downs. And line backers that can line up and rush from the edge.

Our smallish DE's get up the field too quick leaving big holes to be filled by our LB's. The problem with that is double teams on our DT's can open big holes also. So now our LB's are stuck trying to guess which way to go.

So bigger DT's and DE's are needed if you really want a tough front seven.

Big D

Reaction score
They better finally draft a press corner with size. J Lewis isnt it. He tries hard but he’s slow and short. A brown is fast but dumb and too lazy to improve technique and awareness.
we could draft deion 2.0 and it'll be the same resulte with no pressure on the qb. Inside out not the other way around.

TheHerd

Reaction score
We also need a l v e replace w t unless he signs for cheap. I think he’ll be better next year. He was pens my focused on staying healthy. How he has and can focus in getting better.
I don't want him even if he does sign for cheap. He's slow and weak. He made a few hits today, but typically he's getting pushed back when he tackles.

lqmac1

Reaction score
We do what’s necessary to stop it? 2018 against the rams. Tonight.we need a Suh. We also need a real l g while zack is still elite.
I think we’re working towards that with the defensive changes we’ve made with our coaching staff and drafting.

Unfortunately, Aaron Donald isn’t on Amazon!

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
I think we’re working towards that with the defensive changes we’ve made with our coaching staff and drafting.

Unfortunately, Aaron Donald isn’t on Amazon!
Stop passing over d t s in the first round. Also, lamb is overrated.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Until we learn how to build a defense

We need a real difference maker at 1T and a real thumper at MLB

Us cutting Justin Hamilton was one of the dumbest things we did this year....and Denver scooped him up. He plugged up the middle.....

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
We need a run stuffing DT who can get a push on pass plays…
Our only hope is a top pas rushing d t who takes it upon himself to be great against the run. They will always prioritize pass rush over run stopping. They don’t realize the two ends and 1 dt that are great rushers can be enough if there’s a v wilfork type in the middle with them.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
We do what’s necessary to stop it? 2018 against the rams. Tonight.we need a Suh. We also need a real l g while zack is still elite.
I’ve been saying it for 10 seasons now. If we can’t stop the run we are never going to win anything. They just don’t want to get that big ugly defensive tackle

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
I’ve been saying it for 10 seasons now. If we can’t stop the run we are never going to win anything. They just don’t want to get that big ugly defensive tackle
If you can’t stop the run, you won’t get to rush the passer. We have parsons and Lawrence. The dts need to be dominant run stoppers or at least one. Someone has to help Lawrence. He’s great against the run but it won’t matter if they keep running to the other side.