How many wins in 2020?

glimmerman

Reaction score
With a new HC and tweaked Offense and a new DC and ST coach how many wins.. I am going with at least 11.

Having a HC in 2019 that wasn’t a lame duck and named JG would have gotten us another win or 2.

Having a more consistent Defense with maybe a big DT and no confusion on who was the DC could have gotten us a win or 2 extra. No with Marinelli and Richard gone along with the tampa 2 worn out scheme I am expecting some bigger DT and Safety coming in the draft. I think MM likes drafting Safety. One DC with one goal. We are staying with a 4-3. Our new DC has had some bad defenses in the past but it’s about talent.

We all know that our ST was the worst ever. If we had even a medium ST last year we would have won 2 more games at least. They kept missing FG and put our Offense starting deep in our own territory making for longer and stalled drives. Our ST directly took points from our Offense by having us constantly start that deep. We had a #1 Offense and was 8-8. That’s a big reason why.

Dak should improve, he hasn’t hit his ceiling yet. Not sure how much better he will get but anything will help. Elliot should be healthy and in game shape starting the season. Fredbeard will be better also.

Having a good SB winning HC is going to be huge. He is big on planning and strict. Having that structure in place will help immediately. Seems like he is going to come in and add to the Offense instead of changing the whole scheme and playbook. He knows the pieces are in place, just add to it.

Going to be exciting.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
19-0 :yourock:

As much as I want to say 8-8 until they show me on the field otherwise. But then I realize...GARRETT IS GONE....I don't have to predict that anymore.

However, I need to see what happens in FA and the draft, but we all do.

So in reality, if the roster is about the same as the past few seasons. But with much better coaching and schemes.
10-6 possibly 11-5.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I need to revise my wins as the post says how many in 2020...so 16-0, then 3-0 in January and February of 2021. :D

CWR

Reaction score
19-0 :yourock:

As much as I want to say 8-8 until they show me on the field otherwise. But then I realize...GARRETT IS GONE....I don't have to predict that anymore.

However, I need to see what happens in FA and the draft, but we all do.

So in reality, if the roster is about the same as the past few seasons. But with much better coaching and schemes.
10-6 possibly 11-5.

I think the change of defensive scheme and plugging gapping wholes at DT and Safety alone wins us 2-3 more games.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Obviously we are speculating that they made the right roster moves. I see 10 wins as I can picture an up and down 4-4 first half while they learn a brand new defense and a modified offense. Maybe having a real special teams coach gets them a win along the way. In the second half I see them starting to click and unlike the last regime who had the team peaking in November this coach has them playing their best ball in december and January as they go 6-2 in the second half.

ksadler1

Reaction score
I think we could be a better team next year with the same or worse record. It's hard to predict what will happen next year without knowing what players are coming or going. One thing l know for sure is that alot of teams were sad to see Garrett go...

MojaveJT

Reaction score
I think 10 wins would be successful. It may go up or down depending how they draft and their off-season moves with FA’s.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I need to see the roster first, maybe after training camp we can get a better idea...
I am assuming we are able to replace the players we lose. Would like to keep Quinn, I am not counting on it but Gregory could be back. Seeing us getting Safety help and DT. Crawford will be gone. Jones also. Betting we still have a heathy Cooper and Jarwin still around.. Elliot should be game ready out of the gate.. Looking for a quick start..

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who knows? It’s hard to have a reasonable idea of what we will be next year before the draft, free agency and cuts. We could be really good...or?

I think there will be (and needs to be) quite a few roster changes before next season. This team has some talent for sure but all the teams that consistently contend look at their roster long and hard every year. Most of us fans have favorite players we tend to overvalue. But I’m hopeful the new coaching staff won’t be that way.

lonestar2288

Reaction score
I buy the 10-12 win situation. Think we're a season away from true SB contention though. Lot of growing pains to be expected with a new staff and a team who has shown to be chronic underachievers. Need to clip out the weeds

CWR

Reaction score
Same for having better Special Teams. If we had even average ST last year we win 1 or 2 more games and make the playoffs.

Yeah I started to go back and edit. We faced long fields all year on offense and defended short on d. Then we had a kicker who couldn't hit routine 3s.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Too early to tell.......still have the rest of the staff still needs to be finished, free agency and the draft still ahead of us.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I will be supremely disappointed if the Cowboys don't win at least 10 games next year.

Getting Rid of Garrett and adding McCarthy is worth 2 wins alone.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hard to figure prior to free agency acquisitions and losses, injuries, etc, but I can buy the over - some wins were left on the field by the players and coaches. Was going to add losses by the refs, but most teams were affected by them.