How many years in a row

Mannix

Reaction score
Now have we been told that the Cowboys are being responsible, and attempting to create cap room for years to come....only to never do anything? About five? What in the hell is going on here? EVERY year other teams seem to have money, but we end up picking up a couple Free Agents who aren't worth a ****. This is getting VERY tiring....correct that, this has GOTTEN very tiring.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Now have we been told that the Cowboys are being responsible, and attempting to create cap room for years to come....only to never do anything? About five? What in the hell is going on here? EVERY year other teams seem to have money, but we end up picking up a couple Free Agents who aren't worth a ****. This is getting VERY tiring....correct that, this has GOTTEN very tiring.
Wahh, Wahh, Wahh! I'm crying in my beer.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
which FA signing did you want us to make?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Draft and develop. We’ve made no secret of it. You guys aren’t the ones trying to convince yourselves each off season is going to be different. It’s not. We may make some forrays here and there, but overall, it will be same-stiffs-different-day when it comes to VFA.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Draft and develop. We’ve made no secret of it. You guys aren’t the ones trying to convince yourselves each off season is going to be different. It’s not. We may make some forrays here and there, but overall, it will be same-stiffs-different-day when it comes to VFA.

Draft, develop and let them walk when its time to pay them. Create a unnecessary hole. Rather, rinse, repeat.

CapnB

Reaction score
Our money is tied up in our own players. Dont know how much more clearly it can be reported. That is except for the BS click bait sites. And you cant pay everyone you draft.

Creeper

Reaction score
"If you're standing still, you're falling behind." I don't know who said that but it fits the Cowboys perfectly. The draft is great. The Cowboys actually have to pick a player when their turn comes up so they can't do nothing!

But seriously, I think the Eagles helped themselves this offseason already. The Giants will be better because they will get healthy at WR and they have the 2nd pick. Then they got Nate Solder to help a very big weakness on their offense. If the pick Barkley in the draft, they could be scary on offense. Thank goodness for the Commanders!

I think we will see this same thing every year until, or if, they get get out of cap jail. When he has the cap room to spend, Jerry will change his tune about signing free agents.

And btw, I am not buying this BS about signing Lawrence was their big splash in free agency. They didn't sign him, they franchised him. If they signed him, they would have more cap room to play with and he'd be a Cowboy for at least another 5 years. Right now, he is on borrowed time. Next year, he will probably leave via free agency.

JustChip

Reaction score
"If you're standing still, you're falling behind." I don't know who said that but it fits the Cowboys perfectly. The draft is great. The Cowboys actually have to pick a player when their turn comes up so they can't do nothing!

But seriously, I think the Eagles helped themselves this offseason already. The Giants will be better because they will get healthy at WR and they have the 2nd pick. Then they got Nate Solder to help a very big weakness on their offense. If the pick Barkley in the draft, they could be scary on offense. Thank goodness for the Commanders!

I think we will see this same thing every year until, or if, they get get out of cap jail. When he has the cap room to spend, Jerry will change his tune about signing free agents.

And btw, I am not buying this BS about signing Lawrence was their big splash in free agency. They didn't sign him, they franchised him. If they signed him, they would have more cap room to play with and he'd be a Cowboy for at least another 5 years. Right now, he is on borrowed time. Next year, he will probably leave via free agency.

I'm probably in the minority here, but I solidly agree with the FT for DLaw. Dallas has made waaaay too many mistakes handing out big contracts prematurely after a 1 year of above average productivity. Cases in point - MB3 and Miles Austin. Let DLaw prove it again this year and then, if you have to, FT him again next year. But they can still work out a long-term deal with him next year. Sure, it'll cost more, but they're in a much better cap position, plus the total cap goes up.

Yes, on paper a case can be made the Eagles and Giants helped themselves, but this time last year nobody, or virtually nobody, was jumping up and down about how great the Eagles were going to be. Most thought the Giants and Cowboys would be the class of the NFCE. See how that turned out. The Eagles, and particularly Foles, got in the zone and a SB resulted. That's the state of today's NFL - it's about getting on a roll and riding it out (like the Giants in '07). They should be good again, but to automatically pencil them in to repeat is pure folly. Look at Atlanta and Carolina from the previous 2 years and the Ravens before that.

JustChip

Reaction score
Draft, develop and let them walk when its time to pay them. Create a unnecessary hole. Rather, rinse, repeat.

I will go on record now that when Zeke's rookie contract is up (after the 5th year option), we let him walk because of what the market will be. Maybe we FT him for a year and then let him walk. And I'll probably agree with that. We will be able to get a younger, albeit it maybe not as good, running back in the draft to replace him. But you don't have to have a top-5 drafted RB to win.

kskboys

Reaction score
I'm probably in the minority here, but I solidly agree with the FT for DLaw. Dallas has made waaaay too many mistakes handing out big contracts prematurely after a 1 year of above average productivity. Cases in point - MB3 and Miles Austin. Let DLaw prove it again this year and then, if you have to, FT him again next year. But they can still work out a long-term deal with him next year. Sure, it'll cost more, but they're in a much better cap position, plus the total cap goes up.

Yes, on paper a case can be made the Eagles and Giants helped themselves, but this time last year nobody, or virtually nobody, was jumping up and down about how great the Eagles were going to be. Most thought the Giants and Cowboys would be the class of the NFCE. See how that turned out. The Eagles, and particularly Foles, got in the zone and a SB resulted. That's the state of today's NFL - it's about getting on a roll and riding it out (like the Giants in '07). They should be good again, but to automatically pencil them in to repeat is pure folly. Look at Atlanta and Carolina from the previous 2 years and the Ravens before that.
I don't think I'll ever understand how/why we ignore a player's skillset when handing out contracts.