CFZ How Much Faith Do You Have in Chuma Edoga?

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I had a pretty decent hunch Chuma Edoga would be a good player for us. But I had no idea he would end up playing left tackle. I figured he'd be on the right side at either tackle or guard.

So, I'm a bit surprised to see him manning the left side. That said, one thing I've known about Edoga since watching him play against DLaw is that he's a very smart, technically sound player. He's not the most athletic, like say Tyron Smith or Tyler Smith. But he's athletic enough, and what he lacks, he make up with clever play and technique.

I wasn't completely sold that he could play left tackle for the duration, although the idea is growing on me, contingent on how we do against the 9ers. Dak is going to need time. And anyway, I've always argued Tyler Smith should play LG. He just projects so well that, if you can find a tackle, you're just better with Tyler at LG, especially against a team like the 9ers. So, I think we may get our money's worth with Edoga, and holding 'em on that trade only to pick him up down the line.

I think we'll run the ball, but this is a game where I know the 9ers will be looking for the run, so you have to come out passing, and then pass some more. Then run. But I think Edoga can help us and perhaps even become a pleasant surprise, like Bland has been so far. I'm about 65 percent confident in Edoga, based on what I've seen so far. I just want to see him hold up the left side against the 9ers. If he can do that, I'll be even more sold on the player. He's really growing on me. Excellent culture guy too.

What is your confidence level in Chuma Edoga?

CCBoy

Reaction score
He's pretty solid and has good technique. He's not afraid to move to the second level and makes good contact there. Very versitile backup and in the interior handles the job again.

conner01

Reaction score
Done a really nice job. Much better player than I expected. Very good technical play and very versatile since he basically can play every line spot but center
Hoffman is another guy that stepped up when needed and did a solid job considering the circumstances

CCBoy

Reaction score
Done a really nice job. Much better player than I expected. Very good technical play and very versatile since he basically can play every line spot but center
Hoffman is another guy that stepped up when needed and did a solid job considering the circumstances
I guess the offensive line coach has more than earned his money on the staff.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I had a pretty decent hunch Chuma Edoga would be a good player for us. But I had no idea he would end up playing left tackle. I figured he'd be on the right side at either tackle or guard.

So, I'm a bit surprised to see him manning the left side. That said, one thing I've known about Edoga since watching him play against DLaw is that he's a very smart, technically sound player. He's not the most athletic, like say Tyron Smith or Tyler Smith. But he's athletic enough, and what he lacks, he make up with clever play and technique.

I wasn't completely sold that he could play left tackle for the duration, although the idea is growing on me, contingent on how we do against the 9ers. Dak is going to need time. And anyway, I've always argued Tyler Smith should play LG. He just projects so well that, if you can find a tackle, you're just better with Tyler at LG, especially against a team like the 9ers. So, I think we may get our money's worth with Edoga, and holding 'em on that trade only to pick him up down the line.

I think we'll run the ball, but this is a game where I know the 9ers will be looking for the run, so you have to come out passing, and then pass some more. Then run. But I think Edoga can help us and perhaps even become a pleasant surprise, like Bland has been so far. I'm about 65 percent confident in Edoga, based on what I've seen so far. I just want to see him hold up the left side against the 9ers. If he can do that, I'll be even more sold on the player. He's really growing on me. Excellent culture guy too.

I feel pretty good about him if he's staying on the bench. Our starting five is expected to play now.

I never felt bad about the signing if we wanted him to play guard. There have been enough mistakes by him at LT, though, to make me concerned, especially against teams with a top-notch right end.

1time4urMind

Reaction score

As a backup OT, he provides depth. He has a short memory even when he's having a bad game. His reps at LT improved against the Pats. I like him even more as a backup OG.
I'd rather not enter the playoffs with him at LT, but good depth.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

ZERO

dcstar

Reaction score
Seems to be doing fine. Name isn't called much so that is usually good.

Go Cowboys!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He's pretty solid and has good technique. He's not afraid to move to the second level and makes good contact there. Very versitile backup and in the interior handles the job again.
he was overmatched and got manhandles at LT. But yah, besides that he was great.

rambo2

Reaction score

He has already paid a dividend. A great free agent signing.