How much has changed for you in 5 years?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
How much has changed for you in 5 years? I find it interesting at times to reflect on where I was and where I am now. Sometimes, it can be quite amazing to find how much I've grown/changed from a certain time. For me, I've gotten a much better job than I had then. I was working in retail then, and I've got a much better career now than that. I was fairly new to this forum having come from a different forum. I went to my first furcon in 2019. I saw the Cowboys play the Bears that year. I've been to a few more cons (basically, making some dreams I had then come true). I now live in a completely different part of the country (and a completely different time zone) than I lived in then. I'm very thankful for the journey that I've had so far. How about for you all? Anything you'd like to share?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
My job is the exact same. I work in Alt Ed as a teacher. My wife is no longer travelling for work. My 2 youngest daughters have graduated from college. Daughter number 2 got married. I got a Corvette. I know, doesn't sound like much, but when you grow up dirt poor and wanting something as far back as being 8 years old, getting that car is very symbolic for me.

My love for the Cowboys remains. I lost a good friend that has changed my perspective on life. I dont put things off. We travel, we do games and we will never stop doing so.

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As you get older changes comes slower (IMO), in any case not much other than bought a house again 2 years ago, I change trucks allot, I'm pretty sure I have had three new ones in the past five years. Same job, same kids and grand kids, same wife oh wait-wifeless just like 5 years ago, health is still all good. I will say change was my middle name for 20 years or so except my job (37 years now), change can be very good for a person and I do not regret anything!

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
How much has changed for you in 5 years? I find it interesting at times to reflect on where I was and where I am now. Sometimes, it can be quite amazing to find how much I've grown/changed from a certain time. For me, I've gotten a much better job than I had then. I was working in retail then, and I've got a much better career now than that. I was fairly new to this forum having come from a different forum. I went to my first furcon in 2019. I saw the Cowboys play the Bears that year. I've been to a few more cons (basically, making some dreams I had then come true). I now live in a completely different part of the country (and a completely different time zone) than I lived in then. I'm very thankful for the journey that I've had so far. How about for you all? Anything you'd like to share?
Well I have retired.
This has given me more time to get involved in my Church and spend time in my personal spiritual development with Jesus.
It's still a big transition after working for most of the last 43 years.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
My job is the exact same. I work in Alt Ed as a teacher. My wife is no longer travelling for work. My 2 youngest daughters have graduated from college. Daughter number 2 got married. I got a Corvette. I know, doesn't sound like much, but when you grow up dirt poor and wanting something as far back as being 8 years old, getting that car is very symbolic for me.

My love for the Cowboys remains. I lost a good friend that has changed my perspective on life. I dont put things off. We travel, we do games and we will never stop doing so.

Oooh, nice! That's a fantastic car, and that's an important job. Teachers are very important.