How Much Salary Cap Pie is Left?

eromeopolk

Reaction score
This morning on Dallas Cowboys.com a fan asked an easy question. Because it has been answered on this forum numerous times. It is an easy question. The headline question on DC.com was how much salary cap pie is left?

I like to congratulate Cowboys Zone posters that have kept Cowboy fans more informed than the Dallas Cowboys organization. Especially on information that is pretty much public record.

DC.com Rob Phillips did not answer the question. He did not answer the question meandering around about an Vander Esch. Remember this is a question he selected and picked out to create a headline to answer the question.

Answer the Question!

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This morning on Dallas Cowboys.com a fan asked an easy question. Because it has been answered on this forum numerous times. It is an easy question. The headline question on DC.com was how much salary cap pie is left?

I like to congratulate Cowboys Zone posters that have kept Cowboy fans more informed than the Dallas Cowboys organization. Especially on information that is pretty much public record.

DC.com Rob Phillips did not answer the question. He did not answer the question meandering around about an Vander Esch. Remember this is a question he selected and picked out to create a headline to answer the question.

Answer the Question!

Keep in mind that it's the total average salaries must add up to less than the cap over the next 5 years.

The 2019 salary cap is not relevant.

Future cap space as shown on OTC or Spotrac don't including all 53 players and obviously don't include new contracts for Dak or Cooper.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Looks like enough cash to sign all the players the Cowboys want to keep. Which is where you want to be.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I was floored to learn that Zeke’s deal actually saved $1.6 million in cap space this year. Just more that can be rolled into next year. I think Jerry and Stephen know much more than us about what’s coming and where the cap is going under the next CBA. I think that’s why they are pushing to get everyone done now. Deals done now that escalate in two years will be covered by the huge increases coming. Waiting until after the new CBA will mean paying much more.

waldoputty

Reaction score
I was floored to learn that Zeke’s deal actually saved $1.6 million in cap space this year. Just more that can be rolled into next year. I think Jerry and Stephen know much more than us about what’s coming and where the cap is going under the next CBA. I think that’s why they are pushing to get everyone done now. Deals done now that escalate in two years will be covered by the huge increases coming. Waiting until after the new CBA will mean paying much more.

that is what we hope. although they have no choice but get contracts done because they drafted well in 2016 and decently in 2017.

gmoney112

Reaction score
Keep in mind that it's the total average salaries must add up to less than the cap over the next 5 years.

The 2019 salary cap is not relevant.

Future cap space as shown on OTC or Spotrac don't including all 53 players and obviously don't include new contracts for Dak or Cooper.

Yeah the salary cap for 2019 is really only relevant in how much we're going to roll over. So, it looks like 2020 we have about $87million after rolling over this year. Crawford would be another $8mill. I'd just throw that at Maliek Collins, we'll see.

It'll be interesting to see how much they effectively have in space to rollover next year. That'll be a good indication of how much owners project the cap to be going up.

Pretty good on space though, considering Zeke + Jaylon signed.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
I am about to prep for the weekend BBQ celebration of the 1st game of the season. My salary cap for the meal is $50.00 for baby back ribs, stuff chicken breast, creole dear sausage, brawts, hot dogs, chicken/apple burgers, hamburgers, and whatever the queen of the house wants to go with it.

BBQ Salary Capologist.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
By the time LVE can even renegotiate a new contract it will be under a new cba so there is no way to know the effect of a second contract on the 2021 salary cap.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
With every new contract, the salary cap pie keeps getting larger, not smaller. Amari's contract is the one that needs to get done. Salary cap-wise his current deal is one of the most costly.

gmoney112

Reaction score
By the time LVE can even renegotiate a new contract it will be under a new cba so there is no way to know the effect of a second contract on the 2021 salary cap.

I love to see people mention LVE at this point. He'll be extended in like 3 more years. We don't have to for another 4 (we probably will early just to avoid the 5th year guarantee). That's an eternity in the NFL.