Image: How much taxpayer money helped build AT+T stadium?

OhSnap

Reaction score
NFL.jpg

Doomsday101

Reaction score
One thing being left out is the profit by Dallas and Arlington business

DALLAS — Officials in Arlington said they’re on track to pay off bonds for Cowboys Stadium three years ahead of schedule.
Arlington officials told The Dallas Morning News that it set a record during the 2011-12 fiscal year of $50.5 million in sales tax revenue. That doesn’t include proceeds of a half-cent of sales tax for Cowboys Stadium or a quarter-cent for street maintenance and repairs.

http://lubbockonline.com/filed-onli...s-will-be-paid-three-years-early#.UmF4qYYo4dU

Red Dragon

Reaction score
Very interesting, but I would argue that the taxpayer money is well spent. The city of Arlington may have had to raise and spend tax revenue to get AT&T Stadium built, but that would 1) add a hugely recognizable landmark to the city and 2) draw an enormous amount of revenue, visitors and commerce to the city every year for decades to come.

OhSnap

Reaction score
One thing being left out is the profit by Dallas and Arlington business

DALLAS — Officials in Arlington said they’re on track to pay off bonds for Cowboys Stadium three years ahead of schedule.
Arlington officials told The Dallas Morning News that it set a record during the 2011-12 fiscal year of $50.5 million in sales tax revenue. That doesn’t include proceeds of a half-cent of sales tax for Cowboys Stadium or a quarter-cent for street maintenance and repairs.

http://lubbockonline.com/filed-onli...s-will-be-paid-three-years-early#.UmF4qYYo4dU

Very interesting, but I would argue that the taxpayer money is well spent. The city of Arlington may have had to raise and spend tax revenue to get AT&T Stadium built, but that would 1) add a hugely recognizable landmark to the city and 2) draw an enormous amount of revenue, visitors and commerce to the city every year for decades to come.

Cities funding stadiums is understandable because theres plenty of ways to get that back especially if you can use the building for other things(just watch Jerry and he'll show ya how to get that $ back). Not really sure the NFL league office should be tax exempt but I'm not loosing sleep. I was glad to see the Cowboys on the low end when it came to how many tax dollars were spent because it's the Joneses that are using the building.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Cities funding stadiums is understandable because theres plenty of ways to get that back especially if you can use the building for other things(just watch Jerry and he'll show ya how to get that $ back). Not really sure the NFL league office should be tax exempt but I'm not loosing sleep. I was glad to see the Cowboys on the low end when it came to how many tax dollars were spent because it's the Joneses that are using the building.

and a city that is profiting off of it. With many events being held there and more down the road the money they bring into the City of Arlington and surrounding area has been great.