How much time does a QB need..

DABOYZ

Reaction score
to see the field and get rid of the ball? My guess would be at least 3-4 seconds.

For most of the game yesterday Drew was lucky to get 2 seconds. However there were times when he had more than 4 seconds and took a sack. There were also times when all Drew had to do was step up 1-2 steps to beat the outside rush. We will continue to lose close games if Drew doesn't start beating teams with his feet. I'm not saying he needs to run like Vick or Mcnabb but it wouldn't hurt to shuffle either side to side or step up a little. Bernie Kosar had to be one of the most immobile QB's of all time and even he learned to get out of harms way.

Everyone knows what kind of O'line we have(average at best). But the only way Drew is gonna stay healthy is if he makes a few changes. He is the only one that can beat a defense and force them to back off a little.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
A QB needs as much time as it takes for the WR's to get remotely open...actually, he doesn't even need to wait that long as long as he throws it where the WR can reach it and the DB can't.
This is where timing patterns come in VERY handy.

I just don't think that Bledsoe has confidence in himself and that probably comes as a direct result in his lack of confidence in his O-line, but sometimes a QB has to try to put as much of that out of his mind as humanly possible. I think Bledsoe is having trouble doing that.

jcollins28

Reaction score
How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Yea he got 4 seconds but that was with a MAx protection scheme. That means there is less options for him and if they are covered what do you want him to do?

Trip

Reaction score
If you have 2 receivers in the route and 4 in coverage, which is how our offense works, then he needs quite a bit of time.

If you have 4-5 receivers in the route, and 4 guys in coverage then he should need significantly less time.

Cowchips

Reaction score
Jimz31 said:
A QB needs as much time as it takes for the WR's to get remotely open...actually, he doesn't even need to wait that long as long as he throws it where the WR can reach it and the DB can't.
This is where timing patterns come in VERY handy.

I just don't think that Bledsoe has confidence in himself and that probably comes as a direct result in his lack of confidence in his O-line, but sometimes a QB has to try to put as much of that out of his mind as humanly possible. I think Bledsoe is having trouble doing that.

Bledsoe is statistically just about equal to Tom Brady or Eli Manning this year. Just like Brady and Manning have coughed up 3 or 4 furballs in games this year, so has Bledsoe. It's not realistic to expect him to be Peyton Manning but he's pretty much equal to the next tier of qb's. Afterall, Brady and Eli just came off performances recently where they each threw 4 ints.

TunaFan33

Benched
Reaction score
Cowchips said:
Bledsoe is statistically just about equal to Tom Brady or Eli Manning this year. Just like Brady and Manning have coughed up 3 or 4 furballs in games this year, so has Bledsoe. It's not realistic to expect him to be Peyton Manning but he's pretty much equal to the next tier of qb's. Afterall, Brady and Eli just came off performances recently where they each threw 4 ints.

Bledsoe is the Dick Nixon of the NFL-he's just someone we can kick around.

BTW-is Skip Bayless having an orgy over this now? For months-he's been ROOTING for Bledsoe to fail, even more so than TO to wreck the Iggles.

conner01

Reaction score
about 4 seconds is all you can ask for but when you max protect you need atleast 5 because you have few guys in the routes.drew is drew. we knew when he came here that in order for him to be successful we would have to protect him. drew is never gonna beat anyone with his feet. and he will stand in there and ake some sacks. thats his game and has been for his whiole career. he is never gonna change and we knew that.don't go to a strip club if you don't want to see naked women, don't sign bledsoe if you want a mobile qb