How much would it take to buy the Cowboys? And what would you do?

Preoccupied

Reaction score
the sheer joy he gets in pretending he's an NFL GM.

I can see it now.....

That quote is the headline promotion blurb across the width of the board game box.

All we need now is a toy publisher to manufacture the board game "Gee-Em" The board game where "you" the fan can pretend to be Jerry who is pretending.

Once published, it will rival monopoly for sales.

coult44

Reaction score
There’s a big difference because picking number one means your season was toast by at least week 5 or 6. You’re definitely losing when you’re picking number one overall. Philly is picking 15 and made the playoffs and the Cowboys are picking 24 and won their division and had a home playoff game. How is giving yourself a chance in the playoffs losing? I guess the only team according to you that isn’t losing is the one that’s picking at 32. Everyone else are losers. lol

Exactly!!! Unless you’re a perineal contender, you’re a loser.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Exactly!!! Unless you’re a perineal contender, you’re a loser.

Never seen anyone who looks at it that way. You come across it all on this board. lol

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Put Jimmy in the ROH and build a statue of him for front of the stadium!

I would be like jerry lol !
I would be owner,president, vice president, GM, and HC, and also OC!
I would dump ATT as the stadium name and use my name !
I would figure out a way to deflate my teams balls and not get caught!
I would Get rid of the cheerleaders to avoid any future problems. and save some money too.
I would get rid of Rowdy and those guys in cowboy outfits that stand down by endzone!
Put in covered parking for all parking areas, maybe build a parking garage too.
I would have 25 cent popcorn and $1 hotdogs!
I would fire mike and kellen and probably most of the coaches, and water boys.
I would take that big TV down and tell fans at game to WATCH THE GAME!!
I would ban cellphones at the game.
I would rent tiny lockers for storing your cellphones!

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
This is a 2 part question. I have always fantasized about buying the Cowboys and doing things my way lol. I wanted to change up the topics on the fan zone a bit and have some fun. I think it is well needed after the season we just endured.

So I pose this question. How much would it take for Jerry to sell the Cowboys? 8 Billion? 10? What would you do on the day if this ever happened? Could the largest fan base in sports come together and buy Jerry out? lol. Hey its possible with all the Crypto millionaires out there. In all honesty. What are you doing on your first day as Owner of the Dallas Cowboys? If you took it over right now in its current state.

I for one would bring in Troy as GM and letting him do his job. He has stated multiple times that he wants the job and would do it. Seeing his dedication to anything he has ever done and the amount of knowledge he has I think would turn the team around rather quickly and also bring about a sense of accountability that we haven't had since he left. I am also firing everyone even remotely related to the Jones family. I dont care if its the water boy (who I am actually pretty sure is related). I am also firing Mickey Spags. But thats another topic lol.

Lets hear your thoughts and ideas. Lets change it up a bit and have a friendly fun conversation.

I am glad you asked, ruffian!
Egads, buying the empire? Hmmm.
First I would interview Aikman and others to glean a firebreathing, shrewd GM to clean up. Clean up/phase out our sorry contracts.
Then hire Jimmy as draft/personnel VP. Then, collapse the circus that does not exact accountability. Superstar like Zeke and Dak who've been here 5 years and producing subpar outcomes...

Also, I'd make use of AT&T Center every day, be it rummage sales, tractor shows or concerts, with proceeds going to hire the best football guys on the planet.
Me CZ bros, I am here for you.

coult44

Reaction score
Never seen anyone who looks at it that way. You come across it all on this board. lol

It’s not your fault. I guess it’s because we live in the times where everyone gets a trophy. You’ve been conditioned to believe that there are moral victories because you try really hard. BS. The bottom line is that only one team holds up the trophy. If I cplace a bet on one team to win the super bowl, it doesn’t matter how many good things happen along the way, if my team doesn’t win, I lose the money. There’s no getting part of it back because it was fun, or it made me feel good.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It’s not your fault. I guess it’s because we live in the times where everyone gets a trophy. You’ve been conditioned to believe that there are moral victories because you try really hard. BS. The bottom line is that only one team holds up the trophy. If I cplace a bet on one team to win the super bowl, it doesn’t matter how many good things happen along the way, if my team doesn’t win, I lose the money. There’s no getting part of it back because it was fun, or it made me feel good.

You believe unless you win the Super Bowl you’re a loser. I find that hilarious! :laugh: Sorry but winning your division and making the playoffs isn’t a moral victory. Winning playoff games aren’t moral victories. Tom Brady won 7 Super Bowls but according to your line of thinking he spent most of his career a loser. lol Dan Marino never won a Super Bowl so you must think he was a real loser.

Last edited:

blueblood70

Reaction score
Put the offer in at around $7.5 to $8 BUS (Billion USD).

1. Get rid of Jerry and Stephen.
2. Install managing board of the corporate holding company.
3. Offer minority ownership to Jerry Jr and Charlotte, and a board seat. In exchange for continuity on the sales, marketing and community relations side.
4. Get rid of the asinine **** that Jerry has bought with the team money. The yacht and the stupid ******** bus. If the assets are not directly football related to the product on the field then it isn't going to be in the company holdings. I can give some credence to the plane, but this is pushing it a bit for me. I would rather go with a lease arrangement so the 290 days of the year it's not being used it isn't another sack of **** this team is carrying. There is enough crap on this stupid Cowboys wagon that you can't figure out if this is a football team or Ringling Brothers.
5. Hire a no nonsense GM. No one in the family gets into the football operations. They get to be fans, but not stick their porkpie fat *** fingers into this organization.
6. Set up a football and business operations board. The GM, the coach each and every year have to sit in front of the board of hand picked, outside of the organization individuals, who will grill the coach and GM on the past season, and they have to present their direction and offer up the reasons why they failed this season. Who would be on the board? Bill Parcells. Tom Donahoe when he quits the Eagles. Robert Stevens outside of football to make sure the staleness of football doesn't permeate the room. Tom Coughlin bad in Jacksonville with player grievances, but a good coach who understands the rigours of the game. R.C Buford from the Spurs because this dude knows how to win. Stanley McChrystal because he really understands the price of failure firsthand, and has dedicated his professional life to helping others avoid it. And finally Susan Wojcicki because she has bigger balls than most men, and sometimes you need a woman in the room to emasculate men who are just too stupid to get past their testosterone.
7. Bring down the barriers between the fans and the management. Instead of focusing on coddling the players, the mgmt team and board will make itself known and available to fans and box owners to set the tone that this isn't a circus sideshow, but a focused and disciplined organization looking to be good at one thing. The product on the field.
8. The coach and the players I would leave to the GM. The accountability I would leave to the board. My role is to make sure everyone is uncomfortable every single day by supporting the board's recommendations, and the only group I have to answer to is the fans.

If I had $8 billion dollars...
but you dont nor does 99% of the world. so you dont count reality check, you also cant run team better..you like most delusional fans think they can but truly cant..dont think a business running family worth 20billion in all assets needs help on how to run and nfl team they've owned for 30years..

your list is MOOT and you would find out quickly once inside the NFL Sheild you dont get to just do things how you want. You fake armchair internet gm KnowItAll egomaniacal fanbase need a reality check.

BermyStar

Reaction score
Question number 1:
I don't think Jerry has a price. He values the Cowboys more than he values saying he is in elite stratosphere wealth. He's fine with his bag the way it is.

Question number 2:
Hiring a bunch of people that know what they're doing and enjoying living the dream. I want no parts of pretending I am better suited to run any part of the team or organization than persons who make their living doing it.

I would love to have been involved in designing the stadium though. No way the orientation should allow that sun issue but, spilled milk being already spilled and all.

Edit: As off-season topics go this is as fun as it gets. Good post OP

BermyStar

Reaction score
After purchasing the franchise, it might be cheaper to bribe the other teams to throw their games with Dallas. Or at least specific players on each opponent.

I would try that, and if successful, win the SB the first year, then sell the team. Fact is, I might even hire Sean Payton as the assistant head coach and name myself as the head coach. I could look important while easting hotdogs while on the sideline, and indicating if we were going for 1 point or two by holding up fingers after TD's.

That way I not only won as the owner/GM, but as the head coach, as well.

People would talk about that one year some spare rich guy from nowhere showed the league how it went.

I would also send a telegram to Jerry from the SB post game platform saying, "How 'bout them Cowboys?"
I ain't mad at ya

coult44

Reaction score
You believe unless you win the Super Bowl you’re a loser. I find that hilarious! :laugh: Sorry but winning your division and making the playoffs isn’t a moral victory. Winning playoff games aren’t moral victories. Tom Brady won 7 Super Bowls but according to your line of thinking he spent most of his career a loser. lol Dan Marino never won a Super Bowl so you must think he was a real loser.

Comprehension was part of education growing up where I went to school. You should try it bro. I said, “unless you win OR, you are a perineal contender.” You are a loser. What part about that did you choose to leave out.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Comprehension was part of education growing up where I went to school. You should try it bro. I said, “unless you win OR, you are a perineal contender.” You are a loser. What part about that did you choose to leave out.

This was your first comment that started this conversation.

what’s the difference in picking 1, or picking 15, or picking 24? Nothing absolutely nothing!! You’re still losing.

After I hammered you on that comment you’re now saying you have to be a perennial contender not to be a loser. lol