News: How The Dallas Line Was Built, Why The Jets Should Follow The Blueprint!

CCBoy

Reaction score
How The Dallas Line Was Built, Why The Jets Should Follow The Blueprint!
http://www.ganggreennation.com/2016...uilt-why-the-jets-should-follow-the-blueprint

I can't be the only football fan casting an envious eye towards Dallas as they march towards the playoffs. Not only are they one of the most entertaining teams to watch in the league but they're also packed full of young talent. Much of the recent attention has been focused on impressive rookie RB Ezekiel Elliott, and so it should. He's consistently putting up performances that make you stop and take notice. If he doesn't break Eric Dickerson's rookie rushing record of 1,808 yards, he'll come pretty close.

When people aren't waxing poetic about Elliott, they're talking about Dak Prescott. A rookie 4th round QB who's making the Cowboys scouting department look like geniuses on a weekly basis. As we see Wentz start to struggle, Lynch fail to beat out Trevor Siemian and number one overall pick Jared Goff just start to get his first opportunity, Dak has become one of the most feared QB's in the league.

All of this comes down to individual talent of course, but a lot of it comes down to the situation they found themselves in. Both rookies are in the enviable position to run and pass behind the best line in football. Now I'm not going to short change Elliott or Dak, both are tremendous athletes with huge athletic ability, but this is a team sport. Their jobs are made a lot easier when Dak's given time to pass, and Elliott gets a clean hole to power through. Now they create on their own on certain plays, but the offensive line enables them to consistently produce...

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
it warms my heart like no other time that not only did we spend big on the line, but we made the *right* picks.

been after a solid line since bledsoe got nailed and romo's mobility made jones think he didn't need a better line.