How the NFL could prevent a lot of these hold outs

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Fully guaranteed contracts could work, but the money would have to come way down.

Absolutely false. There has already been studies and articles written that disproves this myth that the NFL doesn't have the money because of roster sizes. People don't realize how much money each owner brings in. It dwarfs any other sport by far. They also are the only one who operates under a hard salary cap. There is no need for a hard cap. Go the way of MLB and NBA and have a soft cap. Pay a luxury tax if you want to go over.

They could easily raise the salaries and guarantee contracts.

Number1

Reaction score
"How the NFL could prevent a lot of these hold outs"

why would they?

childish celebrities attract attention

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Absolutely false. There has already been studies and articles written that disproves this myth that the NFL doesn't have the money because of roster sizes. People don't realize how much money each owner brings in. It dwarfs any other sport by far. They also are the only one who operates under a hard salary cap. There is no need for a hard cap. Go the way of MLB and NBA and have a soft cap. Pay a luxury tax if you want to go over.

They could easily raise the salaries and guarantee contracts.

I never said there's not enough money. The owners however aren't going to pay what they're paying now without safeguards letting them out of contracts. That's the whole reason it hasn't happened yet. You'd need all the owners to suddenly not care about their own interest.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
I haven't read the entire thread so forgive me if it's been suggested but in the new CBA I would flip the number of games that a player has to report to for accrued season status. 6 games to get credit for an entire season? Nope. You better have you *** on site for 11 weeks, otherwise, you get nadda.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What would you offer to the players in CBA negotiations to get them to agree to the first two of these?
No weed testing.

Performance enhancing drug testing to levels that make it unlikely to fail from accidentally taking a supplement or meds with trace amounts of banned substances.

Independent arbitration on conduct / suspension issues, etc..

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
There would be no grounds for such a lawsuit.

People aren't understanding that holdouts are allowed under the cba. They simply have a financial penalty. If the owners really didn't want holdouts they could have made the penalty more severe.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
Well explained @Reality .

I honestly think it's a huge mistake the Cowboys did caving in to Zeke's top pay demands even though he's still under contract for 2 more years. Now other players are going to start doing it. I believe this is going to cause a big problem for the Cowboys and the rest of the league if other players from other teams start following Zeke's lead, seeing how the Cowboys caved in to his demands.

They were gonna pay him anyway.

The joneses just tried to save face with fans of your prospective and it blew up in their face, because they misread the reaction to their nonsense

The new contract accelerates zekes departure from the team by 2years (at least) and puts them in a better position as he nears 30